Cars commentary?

hello all!

a couple days ago i started listening to all the commentaries from Toy Story on through Wall-E, but i was really disappointed to see that my Cars and Ratatouille dvd’s don’t have commentaries on them.

does anyone know if they blu-ray versions of those two have anything? or is it just the same movie, just with blu-ray quality?

thanks in advance for any info:)

p.s. does the Pixar Shorts dvd have any commentaries on it? that’s the last dvd i need to get^^

The Cars and Ratatouille DVDs are absent of special features. The Blu-Ray, on the other hand, has a ton of them, including commentary. A lame move on Disney’s part.

And yes, the Pixar Shorts DVD has commentary for each film besides Jack-Jack Attack (including a particularly charming commentary of Mike’s New Car by Pete Docter’s kids).

Edited. There is no need to quote the entire post. – Mitch

awesome:D

kinda sucks i have to buy the movies again for things that should be available on ALL dvd’s now, but pixar is worth it^^ besides, if there’s any behind the scenes videos on them then i’m definitely getting the blu-ray discs!

thanks for the info:)

DVD’s suck. Blu-ray’s better for one reason. Why don’t they put all the bonus features on the Cars DVD!?

i’m going to take a random guess and say disney did it on purpose. release the regular dvd, with no special features, that way, when the blu-ray is released and is filled with everything people want to see, you have to go out and buy it all over again.

in this case i’m willing to do it, since pixar has some of the best special features:)

I wanna get the blu-ray for two reasons. 1.) More special features 2.) My DVD isn’t in super great quality (some players won’t play a certain scene anymore :cry:) Too bad I don’t have a blu-ray player.

I was disappointed as well about Cars and Ratatouille DVD’s not having commentary… Heck, I was extremely disappointed that neither of them came in 2-Disc options… I love me my Pixar bonus features, and I can say I was sad that those two didn’t get the attention like every other film of theirs did.
I’ll probably need to convert to Blu-Ray someday, since they seem to have more stuff on those versions. I already can buy Blu-Ray films since I own a PS3… I just dunno what’s holding me back.

i was also really sad with those two movies. i got cars for my birthday 2 1/2 years ago and was disappointed that there wasn’t much else to it then just the film. same thing with ratatouille this past year.

Disney_Guy, i know exactly how you feel! i love watching the special features on all the pixar dvd’s:D especially the monster’s inc dvd. i love watching the pixar studio tour video^^ can’t get enough of that:D everyone looks like they are having such an awesome time! i hope there’s more stuff like that for future movies.