Lightning Mcqueens' Paint Job

What do you want to see Lightning wearing in Cars 2?

• Rust-Eze
  • His new "Radiator Springs" coat

0 voters

I was just wondering if Lightning will wear his signature Rust-eze coat or the new “Radiator Springs” coat in Cars 2. I hope he uses the Radiator Springs one, it would show how his character has changed. What are your thoughts?

Oh, yeah, definitely the Radiator Springs paint job. I feel it is time Lightning abandon his old paint job, which symbolizes his abandonment of his old stuck-up, arrogant personality. I think it would have a deeper touch that way.

I would like to see him with his Radiator Springs paint job too. It’s definitely symbolic of the change he has made. I think it would be silly for him to return to his Rust-eze paint job.

It will most likely be his new Radiator Springs paintjob. Have you ever noticed in all the merchandise that deals with him after the movie, he’s wearing that paintjob? Well, except for the first Cars video game, but that’s all! I think it’d be ridiculous for him to go back to it after he’s worn his new paintjob. Besides, like stated above, it is symbolic to his character change. Plus, I just prefer that paintjob over the first one. :wink:

Very interesting topic, woody. I can’t believe no one’s thought of it before.[

It is hard to say. On one side, he has changed, so his Radiator Springs coat would make sense, yet on the other side, at the end of Cars, he declined a sponsorship from Dinoco in order to keep on with Rust-eze, since they gave him his big break. That shows that he has changed too. In the first one, he wasn’t happy being with Rust-eze… So, this being said, I think it would depend on the situation he is in, in regards to which one he would wear.

• C-3PO

Ditto with basically everyone else. Plus I adore those white rims that he gets. But yes, as C-3PO said, perhaps he could have a different paint job depending on the situation he’s in, sort of like clothes. I don’t know how easy the paint job would be considered in the Cars world, but the idea of Lightning ‘wearing’ his Rust-eze coat whilst racing or doing his professional stuff but then changing to his Radiator Springs ‘outfit’ when he’s hanging out with his friends and with Sally is quite a cool idea.

That might be true, but in practical terms, between a new paint job that would attract more audiences, and thus earn a bigger profit, and an old one that even though would have some deeper meaning, would render some movie-goers not interested after thinking that it is the same old crap, it might be probable that Disney might go with the one that rakes in the bucks. Even if Disney doesn’t directly influence that decision, let’s not forget about the rumors about Cars 2’s current direction, which was said to be a bad one (direction).

Wait…what? How can Cars 2 be going in a bad direction?

By having the purpose of creating this sequel being involved with the desire of earning huge profit. But, as I said, they were rumors, so just let them serve as reminders.

oh right…I don’t believe it. I think that Pixar has really come up with a good idea for a new movie set in the Cars universe. I don’t think Disney and Merchandising has anything to do with the creative part of Pixar.

Let’s just hope you’re right. With so many Pixar movies and sequels coming out in such a short amount of time, it would be catastrophic if Pixar decides to decline in its skills now.

Okay, I’ll be the odd ball here. xD

I’d rather see him in his Rust-eze paint job, because it just seems kinda normal to see him in that I guess.

Dragon of Omnipotency- I’ll guess we’ll have to wait until next June to find out if Pixar can catch lightning in a bottle twice.

Not before we find out if Pixar could once again connect us with a toy’s story a third time.

I think to race he has to wear his normal paint job issued by the company, but for everyday life he will use his Radiator Springs paint job.

Guys, this is about the paint job, not the condition of the movie. Personally, I have yet to understand why the paint job has ANYTHING to do with profit. Yeah, the paintjob on the characters is really why I go to the movies. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe because the kids recognize and remember the appearance of Lightning from the first movie, and might thus be uninterested in watching the sequel if Lightning appears the same in it? Moreover, would they be persuaded to watch a movie of much more interesting elements if Dreamworks Animation was to compete with Cars 2 all of the sudden by using Lightning’s boring appearance against Pixar?

Though it’s a minute, nitpick detail, if Disney is reduced to the money-grubbing company everyone else in Hollywood is nowadays, it might put in the same amount of effort, if not greater, to try and squeeze the last portion of increased profit using whatever means necessary.

It is unlikely Disney has reached the pinnacle of disaster yet, especially with the production of The Princess And The Frog, thankfully, but even though it’s improbably, it remains as a possibility.

Yeah, he will be wearing the new one. The better one.

When I say the new one, I mean the one that he wears with Sally at the Wheel Well. It has Rust-eze and all his other minor sponsors on it, plus the paintjob Ramone gave him before the cruise. Just so you all know, for some think it can’t be used for racing.

Wouldn’t you think he’d get a totally new paintjob different to both Ramon’s and the original Rust-Eze, since he’s not a ‘rookie’ anymore? He’s travelling all around the world now, and you’d think he’d have more sponsors than Rust-Eze is he was doing that.

You know, I never thought about that. That’s a good idea! Let’s just hope Pixar doesn’t take it! :laughing: