Cars Land

I dont know if there is a topic about this…but talk here about Cars Land!

Video
youtube.com/watch?v=e9ElPpSwyrc

I am so excited!

My mom is already saving up $$$$ to go for the opening of Carsland. There are a lot of rennovations going on at California Adventure, and we want to go after they are all done! So come the opening of Carsland in 2012, the rennovations will be mostly finished with, and it’ll be smarter to go then and spend the buckets of money, then now!

Anyway, I remember reading an article a while back. Part of Carsland (as well as what is now a bug’s land) will be built upon what use to be “Bountiful Farms”, a land that’s a tribute to California Agriculture. Anyway, the article said something along these lines
“Carsland is actually doing what is happening to California right now, farms being replaced by highways with cars!”
Kind of ironic, I know.

Anyway, as I’ve said before, This is another sign that DCA is bascially becoming Pixarland!

I really want to go to this! now you can walk in Radiator Springs :smiley:

I’ve moved this into the Cars subforum for you, Dillinger.

Cars Land sounds amazing! And quite the haven for Cars fans.

Here’s a couple of videos about Carsland

***Preview of Carsland, Downtown Radiator Springs
youtube.com/watch?v=fGVYMdbO … re=channel

***Preview of the ride Radiator Springs Racers
youtube.com/watch?v=smbKsrnT … re=channel

***Preview of Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
youtube.com/watch?v=NIYR0FFd … re=channel

***Preview of Luigi’s Flying Tires
youtube.com/watch?v=jgKoj4ol … re=channel

Wow, Radiator Springs for real?!? :3

Yep, it will actually exist for real! Well, sort of!

Thanks for posting ellie-jessie-eve!

You guys have NO idea how excited I am for this. :smiley: I’ve been following construction for about 2 years now on Disney Parks fan sites.

I’m a huge Disney Parks fanatic and have a Walt Disney World annual pass. My mom says when I graduate in 2012 we can go to the Disneyland Resort for a present. I’m so excited to see Carsland, Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, World of Color, and all the new attractions at Disney California Adventure.

And, rumors have it, they might be building a clone of it at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World. :slight_smile:

Dillinger: No problem! I’ve been following Carsland for some time!

Rayhawk: You are basically amazing! I’m glad that there’s another person on the forums who’s as big of a Disney Parks fanatic as I am!

I’d almost say I’m more obsessed with the Disney Parks than Pixar, but then I’d be lying a little. They’re completely different. :smiley:

But seriously, I’m VERY excited for this. Radiator Springs Racers looks like it’s shaping up to be a major E-Ticket.

How many attractions are we talkin’ here?

3 actual rides.

Radiator Springs Racers, the major E-Ticket attraction, Luigi’s Flying Tires, a classic Disneyland attraction being re-vamped, and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, a fun carnival type spinner with a twist.

The ride that I think looks the coolest is Luigi’s Flying Tires, which as Rayhawk said, is a more modern re-vamped version of Tommorrowland’s Flyin saucers

“Guests rode in their personal flying saucer on a cushion of air, similar to an air hockey game, and was played similar to bumper cars, with guests ramming each other with their saucers.”

Only in Carsland, it won’t be flying saucers, it’ll be…tires!

The original Flying Saucers too expensive to operate and would break down a lot. It was dismanteld in 1966. But now we have better technology that will make Luigi’s Flying Tires a fun and functional ride.

That’s right ellie-jessie-eve! I can’t wait to ride it; it looks like it’ll be loads of fun. There was a video somewhere of Imagineers testing out the ride system and it really worked well and looked amazingly fun! I think the idea fits perfectly with Luigi and his tire company. :smiley:

However, I’m even more excited for Radiator Springs Racers. It is based on the ride system of Test Track, which I have been on many times at Epcot here in Walt Disney World. I think the fact that it’ll have amazing scenery, a fun plot line, and our favorite Cars characters will make it much more fun.

I haven’t had the pleasure to go to Disney World (just lots and lots of times at Disneyland) so I’m also very excited for that one too! I’ve seen videos of Test Track, and it looks amazing. And I agree that with the addded Cars plot it will be every chiller.

Looks interesting. It also reminds me of that “A Bug’s Land” Disneyland area for some reason.

Yep, it’ll be right by a bug’s land. That’s the second Pixar themed land in Disney’s California Adventure, not to mention the addition of Toy Story Mania. Is it just me or is California Adventure becoming Pixarland?

Cars Land is opening on june 15th!

Cars Land Teaser
youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … qkGs60mkmM

Oh man, I really wish my family was going to Disneyland this summer.