Will CARS 2 beat FINDING NEMO in Domestic Box Office ?

Will CARS 2 beat FINDING NEMO in Domestic Box Office ?

• YES
  • NO
  • No, Cars 2 won’t even beat A Bug’s Life

0 voters

First of all, I do not dare to ask if Cars 2 will beat Toy Story 3, because I see that shot too difficult to reach

But do you all think that Cars 2 will be able to surpass the final domestic gross of Finding Nemo to become the second biggest Pixar film in money terms or it will barely make more than the first film?

1. Toy Story 3 made $415m+ in 2010

2. Finding Nemo made $339m+ in 2003

3. Up made $293m+ in 2009

4. Cars made $244m+ in 2006

Soon we could dicuss its Opening weekend, but now what do you think

It’s already attracting so much excitement! I can see it happening!

I don’t like it how you compared A Bug’s Life to be such a bad indication on the Box Office, i really enjoyed it!

I’m so excited for Cars 2. :smiley:

But if one more Cars 2 topic pops up I will go insane! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Don’t kill me. :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

I know I sound like a total pessamist, but I don’t think so. I’m not even sure if it will do as well as the original Cars did, but you never know.

I doubt that it’ll do better than Lion King, Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3, they’d have to sell a lot of tickets. (which is very hard for many families to afford fun stuff like movies)

Thank you!!!

I don’t think it will beat Finding Nemo myself either, but I think it will do reasonably well, and disregarding all the money from merchandise they’ll make later (which… will be a lot) they’ll probably be somewhere in the comfortable middle actually I think in terms of the amount of money in US theatres gross for Pixar movies. At least that’s what I think.

There’s already a fanbase for the original Cars who will want to go for definite, despite how people may criticise it. Also there will be some Pixar fans who don’t like what they see. But there will be also those willing to give it a shot merely because of the brand name of Pixar whether apprehensive or not (Pixar fans rather than Cars fans, but there will be also those curious enough in general because it’s something new). Slap Pixar’s logo on it, and you’re bound to make a fair bit of money no matter what because that’s enough for some to go. They’ve got a reputation now, so despite misgivings, and even if there’s the odd movie or two they didn’t like, many people will go and see for themselves because their batting average for some viewers is 100% or at the very least much higher than the average studio. (For me it’s the latter, not 100%)

This movie will be appealing to those families with younger children in particular. It looks like wacky fun as far as they’re concerned, and Mater appeals to a younger audience. It might lose some of the older fans which would otherwise go themselves (because they hate the spy concept or are just not all that into the original), but overall, that dent in numbers might not be entirely all that significant. I mean there could be an impact, but it’s not like it’s going to go in the red at all. That’s almost impossible.

While of course there were the others before it which contributed, I think it was really Finding Nemo when I think people started taking more notice of Pixar though- Monsters Inc just before helped a bit when it broke their record at the time, but after Finding Nemo beat it, I think that was the stage at which people were really taking even more notice of Pixar than before and it became a brand name of itself. By that stage it was their 5th movie, and they’d been successful 5 times in a row, so the idea of it failing in the very near future was pretty much set aside for good.

Don’t take it in that way, to start with I absolutely love A Bug’s Life, it is one of the most underrated Pixar films

A Bug’s Life is the least grossing Pixar film beacuse it was released in 1998, when ticket prices used to be much more cheaper than today

You can realize that if A Bug’s Life had been released last year, in 2010, it would have grossed more than 270m+, surpassing the incredibles however all these numbers are subjective because if we apply the same method to all PIxar films, they will increase in their final B.O.,

All Disney-Pixar Flicks have been big hits in their respective years

A Bug’s Life was the the FOURTH higgest grossing film of the year, and it made more money than Toy Story overseas.

finally I wrote that option in the poll because, you know, “haters” will never believe that Cars 2 will be BIG, and I just wanna laugh of them when all is said and done

I would agree, but karma is watching me, and I don’t want my good feeling to go away. :wink:

I doubt ABL would have passed The Incredibles in box office. I believe it would have done better than it did, but it would still be at the bottom of the heap. People don’t buy bugs. :cry:

Anyway. I don’t think so, but I hope so. It bothers me greatly that FN was top for so long, and is still above Up. I really want a Pixar film besides TS3, because that was granted, to top it. Really bad.

The more people say how Up is so good, the more i want to see HOW Up is so good.

What do you mean? :confused: What was wrong with Up? I won’t say it’s great, because, well…that’s all about opinion. However, I will say that I was much more personally moved and in adoration of Up than Nemo. I like both, but Up was less upsetting to me.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I really doubt Cars 2 will beat FN, but I still hope it will, if that makes sense.

I don’t think that it will beat Finding Nemo, but I do think that it will be very successful (unless there are several other big money-makers all on at the same time, and even then it should do reasonably well).

I’m not a “hater,” but I am trying to be objective about this, and seriously, I would predict Cars 2’s domestic box office to be slightly higher than the original’s, mostly because of ticket price increases and the bonus money from 3-D/IMAX showings.

I think the audience for Cars 2 is basically going to come from two groups - families, and Pixar fans like us. Honestly (and again, I’m not “hating,” I’m trying to predict what’s going to happen), I suspect that even if the reviews are good, they won’t be the gushing-glowing-fantastic “You MUST see this movie!” reviews that convince non-animation fans to go see a Pixar film.

Toy Story 3 is going to be hard to beat (by Cars 2 or anything else) because it pulled audience from all over the spectrum: kids and families, the college kids and young adults who grew up on the first two TS films, Pixar fans, film fans in general drawn in by the glowing reviews - I think one of the keys to any film making huge box office is the ability to bring in an audience that wouldn’t normally go see “that kind of film” (whether it’s animation, science fiction, costume drama, or whatever), and I’m afraid I don’t see that happening with Cars 2.

Just my thoughts, and I wouldn’t mind being proven wrong.

I guess it could, but it all depends. Up didn’t outsell Nemo even with 3-D prices and inflation and what not. Plus, there are usually a lot of summer releases which means more competition for money. Definitely rooting for Cars 2 though.

Oh no, that isn’t hating. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s those who hate the movie completely.

Did i ever said I HATE Up?

If your talking to me…

The only person who was talking about being a hater. :laughing: Thought I didn’t have to quote it because of that. Whoops.

I think x3haijessiex3 was responding to my post, where I said I wasn’t “hating” but I was being a bit pessimistic about Cars 2’s box office.

Edit: Whoops! I see we posted at the same time! :laughing:

8D Sorry!