Why all this Cars 2 hate?

Ok, Im kinda getting tired of it. On Youtube theres good comments and bad. Some people are saying “I can’y wait for this.” or "This is gonna be better then the first. Then the bad comments, theres people saying “This movie is gonna suck, what happened to Pixar?” or “Guns? This is a kid’s film, why is there guns? This movie will blow.” or “This dosen’t look good. Cars 1 wasen’t good either, Pixar is done, spy cars? What a stupid idea for a movie.” Pixar isn’t good at making trailers, the Up teaser made it look terrible but it was good, same goes for Ratatouille, Wall-e and more. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover. We will see when the movie comes out.

People have suddenly developed a way to see into the future. :wink:

I think that those who like the movie should really stop paying attention to the negative comments about it. I used to get mad. Now, I just brush them off. It feels a lot better than just getting angry over something you can’t control. So, why try?

Besides, does your opinion change when someone says something negative about a movie you like? No. What makes this any different?

Stop paying attention to it. Cheer yourself up by watching all of the turntables! :slight_smile:

People will say that anything sucks/will suck, m’dear. Its one of the unfortunate truths of the internet. :laughing:

To be honest, my own expectations for Cars 2 are…iffy, but I won’t go as far to say it will definitely suck (especially after our experiences with the Disney marketing people around Tangled).

My own thoughts on Cars 2 so far are not that I hate it, but just concern of whether or not it will really be up-to-par with Pixar’s usual standards. It’s funny though: when the first Cars came out everyone felt like it was Pixar’s weakest film and were complaining about why it was about talking cars and stuff. Now Cars 2 is coming out and people are complaining that that’s going to be their weakest film and are even saying that it’s going to ruin the original Cars (the one they disliked before). Crazy, I know. I think fans of Pixar only complain sometimes because they care enough about their films due to their excellent reputation to expect the very best from them, but I do think that jumping the gun and assuming the worst right away isn’t the right thing to do.

People hate Cars 2? :open_mouth:

I believe the general concensus is that people think Cars are one of Pixar’s weakest films, and a sequel is just not a smart idea. I don’t believe this however. I think Pixar will surprise us, like they did in the past. They’ll give us something to enjoy.

Does it seriously matter if people hate it or not?

I agree with Jessie. Seriously guys, just let it go.

Yeah, the haters get annoying. I’m not a hater, but I’m just worried. I love Pixar so much that it scares me to think they might bring out something not usually at their level (which would probably still be great, and above any DreakWorks movies or anything, but not on a, say, Toy Story 3 level). I’m scared, that’s all.

But does it seriously matter if it doesn’t compare to the other movies they did?

I think people on this site worry way too much about the statistics rather than how they themselves feel. Sure, statistics look good, but who cares?

I fell in love with Cars when I was in 6th grade. I had no idea about its statistics. Now that I know them, I’m still okay with them, because I love Cars and that’s all that matters.

Seriously, stop stressing over stuff that doesn’t matter. :wink:

Well when I look back on the criticisms for the first film I kind of think now that it was just compared unfairly to The Incredibles or Finding Nemo, because it really is a nice story in it’s own right. When it comes to sequels though, well… just look at how the ones for Toy Story compare to the original. After Toy Story 3, a lot of us have probably based our sequel expectations on how well it worked for that series.

You all are right. It doesn’t matter if people hate it or not.

But here is something I love to do. I remember everyone that said they will hate it, or that it will suck, and I wait until after they watch it. I then ask them what they think after seeing it. 9/10 times, they’ll change their mind. And I’ll be like, I told you so.

Eh, I have high hopes for the film, but I think I can see why they think that. Cars isn’t their most popular movie, so of course people who disliked the original( a lot of people) aren’t thrilled for a second go-round.

Maybe Cars 2 can be Pixar’s redemption movie.

IMO, they don’t need to redeem Cars. I really like the first one just fine. Some people are just really picky. However, I think after I see it, I’ll prefer Cars 2. Because of all the espionage. <3
I can see why so many people don’t love Cars, but they really over react.Saying, “I dislike this movie” , works just as well as “this movie sucks”. I wish people would state their feelings more mildly…

To me, on a scale from 1-10, when I first saw the trailers, my excitment level rose from a low number to about a 8.5-9.5. And I’m asking all of my family and friends. And they said, despite wishing for either an original Pixar movie or a TI2, they are all still very excited for Pixar’s upcoming release.

At first I was like, “A Cars sequel? For what?” But then I caught onto the whole spy thing. I honestly think it will be more my type of movie than the original. That’s the type of movie I can’t resist. And the Pixar label doesn’t hurt. 8D

Exactly!!!

Honestly, all they have to do to get me to buy a ticket, is plaster "Disney presents a Pixar film"on my TV screen. And the same seems to go for parents all over the world. The espionage theme and lovable characters just ices the cake.

I just can’t get myself to look forward to Cars 2 much, no matter how hard I try. The trailer wasn’t that good. The negative test screening reviews really put me off, and I’ve even heard a few Disney/Pixar employees go against the movie. Not a good sign there. I’m only gonna see it if there’s a Brave trailer attached :stuck_out_tongue: