Returning Characters

If there’s already a thread like this, feel free to lock this one. Sorry if I’m out of the loop, but besides Lightning and Mater, what characters from the first film will be returning in Cars 2?

All the Radiator Springs characters except for Doc and Red. They all have character pictures. The only ones that go to europe with Lightning are Mater, Luigi, Guido, Sarge, and Fillmore.

And yes, I think we’ve had multiple threads about this.

Everyone’s back except Doc basicly. So, what Reaper said.

Who’s going to be Fillmore’s new voice?

I dont think filmore is coming back
http://thedreamofpixar.wordpress.com

Lloyd Sherr will be the new replacement
lloydsherr.com/about.php

He totally is dude, he’s in the trailer. In the background. Which I’m glad, Sarge wouldn’t be the same with out Filmore by his side!

Has there been any real confirmation about what is happening to Doc though? I would like to see Pixar touch on death, I don’t mean that in a depressing way though. It’s hard to explain but I think it would just make the story more emotional. Given it’s a kids movie though I highly doubt they will do so. How can you replace Paul Newman though?! :frowning:

It has been confirmed that he has passed on.

:open_mouth: Are you serious??? Oh my gosh…this is what I wanted (because I hate replacements) but now I am SOOOO sad. :frowning: R.I.P. Doc. That sucks…

It’s a shame about Doc - he was my favourite character in the original! - but, I’d prefer this over him getting a new voice-actor, it wouldn’t seem right. And it’s out of respect on Pixar’s part, so you know…

Red was in the trailer? So, I’m guessing he will be in it. He didn’t do much speaking in the original, so I’m sure a Pixar employee would be able to replicate his crying in the sequel?

I’d think so, they’ll probably use the sound bits from the original movie for the sequel.

Yeah. who knows, he might say even less in the sequel. Oh wait…no, he will probably cry when McQueen and Mater leave. 8D

I’ve been researching Lloyd Sherr and I’m a little skeptical. My dad thinks Tommy Chong would make a great Fillmore (plus, it’d be a nice reunion for him and Cheech Marin).

I love Cheech Marine as Ramone. His voice is sooo cool! Perfect for voice-over and fits his character even better if I may say.

I hae to say: Lloyd Sherr did an amazing job with Fillmore, but it hardly matters much since Fillmore was barely used in Cars 2.

I agree. The voice replacements for some characters in any Pixar movie do a great job.

Really? I don’t think Sarge’s entire character arc depends on his occasional interactions with Fillmore.

The two compliment each other. Most of their humor and conversation in the first film involve interacting with each other. I’m not saying that Sarge can’t function on his on, but since they’re compliments of each other it’d be difficult to see.