Cars Land

Cars Land is being set to open in 2012 at Disney California Adventure. It will be 12 acres and features several rides such as Radiator Springs Racers, Mator’s Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi’s Roamin’ Tires. I think it looks like it will be incredible and I dream of visiting it (although I probably won’t have the oppurtunity to). The Radiator Springs Racers looks especially exciting. What are your thoughts on it? Here’s a little bit about it [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cars_Land[/url] if you want to take a look and feel free to post more information about it if you like! :smiley:

I’m very excited for this. Last time I went to Disneyland I saw the contruction they were doing. My family is saving up to go in 2012 once all the construction in DCA is (finally) finished. I’m very excited for it!

I am BEYOND excited for Cars Land. I’ve been watching concept art, construction, etc. since about 2006 and it is GREAT to see how much progress has been made.

I’m going to Disneyland in 2012 for my graduation present after it opens! :smiley:

Have a lot of fun, that’s a perfect grad present. I loves Disneyland!

That’s so cool Rayhawk! I’m sure it’ll be awesome!

I can’t wait for this, but I’m sure I’ll never actually see it since it’s on the other side of the country. Maybe they’ll make one in WDW! Then I could see it sometime! But this seriously looks amazing!

Agreed! I live in Canada and I’ve only been to WDW (amazing!) and the chances of me getting to visit it are slim to none but it still facinates me and I hope I can visit it some day. A girl can dream. :slight_smile:

Is it going to be in the Florida one or the California one? I don’t know the difference between Disneyland and Disney World. :stuck_out_tongue:

If it’s going to be in Florida, I’m so in. :wink:

It’s technically not in Disneyland, but in Disney’s California Adventure. Which is in California. It’s right across the way from Disneyland.

That’s so far away. My parents will never fly over to California. :angry:

Last time I went there in '05, I think they were boarding up a place for the Nemo submarine ride. I also rode the Autotopia track at Tomorrowland, and when Cars came out the next year, I wondered whether they were gonna plan a similar attraction.

Looks like my wish is comin’ true. :slight_smile:

Same here, but I have a job so maybe by 2012 I will have a bunch of money and I can persuade them to take our family! :smiley: Hahaha, chances are not but I still think it is cool. Did you know that the Radiator Springs Racers ride is going to be one of the most expensive rides? More than 200 million dollars to make it. :astonished:

I saw the construction two years ago last time I was there. This thing is going to be huge!

The site where it’s going to be is where “Boutiful Farms”, the California Agriculture section use to be. It’s ironic, because that’s what’s happening in the ACTUAL California. Farms being paved over for urban expansion!

Anyway, the land is going to be right by a bug’s land, which is fitting!

Oh, the irony. :frowning: Wasn’t heritage preservation the entire message from Cars?

Not entirely but I get what you are saying. Too bad though, I wish they made it in WDW instead!

tdit: I never thought of that point before!

MissCarrera: I may be biased for Disneyland Resort, but I’m glad Carsland will be in Cali. Reason? WDW in Florida has what now, 4 theme parks, a golf course, Dowtown Disney, and 2 water parks? Disneyland Resort only has 2 parks and Downtown Disney.

True, I understand. They should make it in both! Hahaha just kidding…sorta :stuck_out_tongue:

You never know! Soarin’ Over California was origianly a ride at Disney’s California Adventure. It became so popular, that they have the same ride at WDW, only it’s called Soarin’.

And now, we must go through the horrible process from being a human, to being a car!

Last (only) time I was at WDL, I was 7 and in grade 2. My dad promised my sister and I we would go again when I finish grade 9. Well, guess what’s happening next year? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think Cars Land will be awesome!

Sounds like fun! By WDL, do you mean Walt Disney World or Disneyland?