Is there any hope for a Cars 3?

Any at all?

YES!!! of course!!! I want a CARS 3!!! :smiley:

I have a feeling that after the critical reception of Cars 2, they’ll probably keep continuations of the series to the Disney spinoffs.

Well the spy theme of Cars 2 was already so random to me at first that I knew they really had to do a good job of selling me on it as a sequel (and I’d say they were somewhat successful in the end). So I think they should play it safe with this franchise for now and not try to make a similar gamble with a Cars 3.

I personally think Cars 3 would be a very, very bad idea. With the critical reception of Cars 2, I don’t think Pixar would risk going down further.

Yeah, no. Cars 2 was great and all, but there doesn’t need to be a Cars 3. Unless they pull a Toy Story and don’t release for 10-15 years, there’s no point.

Not likely, even for Pixar thats one hell of a risk.

There probably will be one, since it makes so much money on merchandising. But I hope they don’t make one, two movies is enough.

no, hopefully never…i personally don’t want another triology, especially for Cars…back to the original stuff, that makes Pixar.

I don’t see why not. Parents (and a good number of animation fans) don’t really care what the critics are saying, and Lasseter seems to REALLY LOVE this universe and enjoy working in it.

Lasseter just wanted the film to be fun, from what I’ve heard. I don’t think the critics are anything he’s too concerned about.

Pixar is clearly in a sequel phase, but it’s beginning to die down - I think (pure speculation), based on the habits of Pixar at the moment throughout the years, that Monsters Inc. 2 will be the last sequel for a long time. That means I don’t think the guys in Emeryville will be doing a Cars 3.

Although, with Planes being developed by DisneyToon Studios, I think that another subsidiary of Disney might produce a Cars 3, or another Cars-related feature. Pixar Canada, maybe? Those talented people have to do something! :stuck_out_tongue:

IIRC that was the point of Pixar Canada, to make stuff based on pre-existing properties, right?

Even if there isn’t another film, I’ll be shocked if we don’t get more Cars Toons.

(Man, I wish we’d get some news already on what Pixar Canada is planning. I’m excited for shorts and TV specials! :mrgreen: )

I think the Cars Franchise Guardian hinted already that there will be more Cars Toons, thank goodness. Now, if Lasseter did care about critics, that wouldn’t happen. But since he shouldn’t, Cars Toons should continue. I can’t wait to collect characters as die-casts from the second batch of Cars Toons.

I wouldn’t want one. Cars 2 may be a good end. Critics may hate Cars 3 even more.

The thing is, though, the Cars world is open to new stories. I think it would be cool to have a lot of Cars movies, provided they don’t get as clanky as the Kung Fu Panda films are certaint o get around the fourth, fifth, and sixth.

And there’s not really any point in having a Cars Franchise Guardian anymore if the Cars Franchise is closed now.

Now hold up.

Dreamworks has gotten much better at quality filmmaking. Lately I have been, dare I say it, enjoying some of their films as much as Pixar’s.

Saying that Pixar could make a ton of Cars films while Kung Fu Panda would surely get bad with plenty of films, despite that KFP2 was just as good, if not better, than Cars 2, is plain old studio bias. It’s a little uncalled for and doesn’t add much to the conversation. This is about Cars and Cars alone.

But I digress. If there still is a franchise keeper, it makes sense whether we have another movie or not. The toys sell like crazy and Pixar Canada is probably up to something.

(I wouldn’t mind a 3rd movie though. But I’m crazy, so…)

Cars is a franchise I support. Cars and Toy Story are the reasons I am a Pixar fan. All the other stuff falls below them in my mind, with Ratatouille right under those two. But a sequel to Ratatouille would be really strange. Toy Story and Cars I welcome all sequels for. (I hope that the original film released November 27, 2013 is the same way.)

I wouldn’t want a Cars 3 myself, no matter how I enjoyed Cars 2(which I think I will). That said, I will always have room in my heart(and on my Cars shelf) for more Cars Toons and character die casts.

At this rate? Probably not.

But personally I would love to see a prequel with the charm and lightheartedness of the original. :slight_smile:

Awesome, but that doesn’t automatically mean Cars would be able to hold more sequels while KFP couldn’t.

Anyways, a prequel might be a nice idea, although IIRC we already have a comic prequel about McQueen, so it’d have to be somebody else… I’m not sure this could hold a whole movie, but I’d love a comic/short/something about Sally’s backstory, since we only touched upon it in the first film. Or something about Finn as a rookie spy.

IDK. Cars has endless possibilities, seeing how the entire world is a defining concept. :smiley: