Cars 2 in Creative Screenwriting!

Cars 2 is featured in the May/June issue of Creative Screenwriting. The article is relatively short (Super 8 takes main-stage glory for the months) but it’s got some great info. Here are a few nuggets of wisdom/insight for example:

“To be able to just turn an idea seven degrees is a lot harder than turning it 50 degrees.”

“John likes to say that you have to start already knowing what the emotional through-line of the movie is going to be.”

“John, from the beginning of the movie, just wanted it to be a fun ride,” [Queen] adds. “I’m not saying that’s going to trump the emotion of it, but it’s not a tear-jerker. He just wanted it to be a fun time.”

Also, it tells the story of Ben Queen, and it’s quite the fairy tale for a screenwriter! Mr. Queen has had many scripts bought, but never produced. Then one day, Lasseter, who he barely worked with before, reads his spec and calls him in to work on Cars 2! I’m so jealous!

So yeah. This magazine is a good buy. It also includes a blurb on Kung Fu Panda 2, for anybody else who loved that film as much as I did.

Thats cool! I dont read magazines though 8D . But if I ever see a copy I’ll probably look at it. Especially to see if Pixar is mentioned again. And if I remember the name of the magazine 8D