Those Strange Things Toys Say

Toys based on movies get designed and produced often before the film has been completed, and Cars 2 has a LOT of new merchandise. In my browsing, I noticed a few toys say lines that were not in the final film. For example:

Target’s talking Mater plush frantically yells[spoil]“LEFT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT!!!” The Golden Book, also made before the film’s completion, released that this was from an extended version of the sequence were Lightning mistakes Mater’s chatter for commands and loses the race because of it.[/spoil]

Holley has a talking diecast that says the line[spoil]“You want me… to have fun?” like she can’t believe whoever was telling her to have fun is serious. What the heck was that from? Was there originally a scene where Mater tries to get Holley to lighten up a little?[/spoil]

So share any strange things you’ve heard some out of the toys, and let’s speculate as to what they might have meant in context. :slight_smile:

Oh, that’s so weird! I have this Mr. Incredible doll(yeah, it’s not Cars 2, but I’m, comparing) that says 11 phrases, and one is, “I can break through walls, I just can’t find my socks in the morning!” I think it’s funny when they say made up lines. 8D

Pffffffft. xD

What? 8D

^Interestingly, IV, I think that your Mr. Incredible action figures was kinda quoting that bit from the beginning of The Incredibles when he’s having trouble with his microphone in the interview. The only thing is that the he didn’t finish the sentence from what I recall. So that’s pretty cool! Heheh. And that’s really interesting, Netbug… as I don’t own any talking Cars toys, I didn’t know that they said things like that. The Holley line you mentioned just made me geek out a little bit imagining what that scene could’ve looked like… X3 I have to wonder if there are supposed to be more deleted scenes on my Blu-Ray that I haven’t found yet. I really need to go and check out the newest Cars toys for myself sometime soon…

lol wow. I cant say I heard any of those before. I dont understand the Holley line either. I have a Doc Hudson that talks and he actually says decent lines like “I still got it!” and “Well then? Why dont you show this crazy old grandpa car what you got?”.