How About Them Video Games? :D

Let’s talk about Cars video games!

The Cars related video games I have played so far, sans the horrible lame Cars 2 DS version (ARRRGHHH!!!) have been surprisingly good for licensed games! :smiley:

I mean, sometimes the controls can be a bit take or leave (The first game for the Wii is a bit finicky) but they characters actually seem like… well… themselves. There are some really cute moments in the stories. :smiley:

Like, Cars 2 for Wii doesn’t have much story, but I love the lines that the characters can say on the selection screen, plus the intro movie is nice. [spoil]Holley bickering with Mater over security clearance was cute. XD[/spoil]

What do you think? Any memorable moments/lines? Any frustrations? Heck, feel free to post here if you’re stuck on a part of a game, too! :smiley:

I really want the Cars 2 video game for Wii. :smiley: Anyway, I got the Cars video game for PSP when it first came out. And I was so disappointed when I got to play the same video game on XBOX one time and found out that it’s completely different! :open_mouth: The PSP one doesn’t have much story at all or the great new characters that come to R. Springs like in the other ones. They don’t even have the same races or locations or anything. :cry: But from what I played on the console VG, it was really good! I like the new characters and how some from the movie returned (like Mia and Tia, the DRH, and Chick). Plus, there were some cute Lightning and Sally moments. <3

Yeah, the handheld games are all kinda bleh.

Yes the L/S fluff! Racing Sally up to the Wheel Well! <3

…She races dirty, though. Keeps bumping me to slow me down if I get ahead. Violence is not romantic! D:

I really like The Mater-national Championship and the original Cars game.
Have yet to buy Race-O-Rama or Cars 2.

I also think Mater must have a thing for English girls O_o

Huh? What? I haven’t played Mater-national, but I heard there’s a bit of a romantic plot in there. She’s English? :laughing:

That’s the best thing I’ve heard all day. XD

Net: I love Sally’s race against Mia and Tia. I don’t know how you race against a Porsche and expect to win. :unamused: But she put those girls in their place. 8D Bahahaha, really? I always played Sally in my PSP game. Can you even play a character other than Lightning in the console game?

Oh my gosh, yes! I just realized both Emma and Holley are English. He must. :smiley:

They expect to beat a Porche when it’s my driving her. It took me a while to stop crashing into everything. %D;;;; But yes, the cutscene when you finally win is so cute.

“C’mon, you know groupies are no match for the real thing. :slight_smile:

The Wii game is mainly McQueen, but a few special challenges have you as other characters. Like, you can Tractor Tip as mater or chase down hooligans as Sherrif. :smiley:

Who is this “Emma” parson and what does she want with Mater? protective shipper glare >|

(srsly tell me more. This sounds cute. <3)

(He also has a thing for Jaguars. Yes, ladies and gents, Holley IS Mater’s dream girl. :B)

Hahaha, this is Emma.

[url]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4671428589_25b69cfb0e.jpg[/url]

She was in the Mater-national game and came from the England for the Rustbucket Race series, which Mater and a bunch of his rusty truck friends, plus his cousin Tommy are in. And there’s a part in the story where they all meet her and think she’s hot and she and Mater have these couple of scenes of harmless flirting. :smiley:

Played them all and loved them. Always play as Mater in Cars 2.

Dawww, she’s cute.

If M/H weren’t perfect true love I’d ship it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry to DP. Just wanted to say I beat Cars for the Wii! The ending is sweet. ^^

And I saw this cute little detail.

If you’re doing really well in one of the NASCAR style races, the announcers on occasion make a comment along the lines of:

“See that guy in the infield? That is one happy looking tow truck driving backwards! Now that’s a fan!”

I know (c2 spoiler)[spoil]it doesn’t fit canon because Lightning apparently never takes Mater to his races,[/spoil] but I still got a kick out of it. :laughing:

Hahaha, that comment is funny. 8D Ooooh, awesome for beating the game! How long did it take you? :mrgreen:

A good 10 or so hours. Nice long game. :smiley:

Yeah, I have to say I shipped Mater & Emma… Until I saw Cars 2. Haha.

[spoil]Mater’s cousins are all drooling over Emma and then Mater pulls up and she seems to take more of an interest in her. If I remember correctly, he invites her to Flo’s V8 Cafe for a drink, but it isn’t shown what comes of that. I’m replaying it again though so if I find out I’ll tell you xD[/spoil]

How is Race-O-Rama?

I only played like one race in that game when I went to a friend’s house. But of what I played, it was really fun! The race I played was against Candace in California with Flo and Chick, also. I think Cars has the most video games out of all the other Pixar movies. :unamused:

I love the Cars 2 game for the Wii. It’s really cool to play as Fillmore because everything he says is so mellow even when he’s racing and shooting at people. It’s also cool to play as Holley because when someone else is playing as Finn or Mater she recognizes them. Also my brother and I played Fillmore vs. Sarge in the arena. I was Fillmore but my brother won.

8D!

I noticed this for Finn, but she has specific lines for Mater, too? Like what? <3

I think she says hello to him. I’m pretty sure Mater can recognize Holley too.

Eeeeeeeeeee~ I’m going to have to set up some Mater vs. Holley races to hear for myself. <3

Cars 2 for the PS3 is great, the original Cars game for the Wii however… I could never get past the first chapter, and the codes I entered didn’t work either. :frowning: