Cars 2 DVD info?

I found out through Facebook that the official release date for the DVD of Cars 2 will be November 1st, but that’s all I was able to find out. Has there been any information released yet as to bonus features or aspect ratios (or just any information at all, really)?

There has been two bonus features announced which will be short films called “Air Mater” and the Toy Story short that came before Cars 2. Other then that, nothing else has been annoucned.

Thanks, Ballboi! A few shorts would be great, but I certainly hope there’s more features (I would hate to have a re-hash of the Up DVD: two shorts and that’s it). I’d still be happy with just shorts on the Cars 2 DVD, but it would be nice if they at least had commentaries.

I really hope that at least the Blu-ray will contain some more extras. Not like 2-3. :unamused:

I wish deleted scenes, maybe some infos about characters, a Making Of and the explicit death scenes of Leland Turbo and Rod Redline ( 8D ).

I hope we get to see some of the Cars 2 character turntables that were on Youtube.

Just read the DVD description on Amazon.com and the only other feature (besides the aforementioned shorts) will be an audio commentary. So, more than Up and less than TS3; it’s a happy medium that I’ll take!

I guess that’a all right, it seem’s DVD’s are getting less in them while the Blu rays get everything.

I’m glad to hear that John Lasseter had a commentary recorded, because with all the controversy that’s gone on regarding the overall story quality of Cars 2 he at least deserves his say in how everything came out the way it did. Of course it could be another commentary that was recorded before the film’s release like the one for Toy Story 3 (thus, before all the bad reception), but I’m hoping that he’ll have some deeper things to talk about on the production of the film and maybe some of us can understand it better.

I agree, but I’m also wondering if Brad Lewis will also be present on the commentary.

I’m not too sure since he left Pixar right after Cars 2 came out. It would be nice though since he co-directed it.

Here’s a random thought I had: The only two Pixar films that have sequels so far are Toy Story and Cars, and yet it’s only the sequels that have audio commentaries on their non-BluRay releases.

here’s a information about the complete special features of cars 2 dvd- blu ray :smiley:

takefiveaday.com/2011/10/04/ … ons-final/

I’ll buy all!!! :smiley:

Thanks for the info Destiny! Looks like I’ll be buying both the Blu-Ray and the DVD.

Both Lassetter and Lewis are present on the commentary; I’m so stoked!

Ugh.

It sucks that you need to buy the major 3D combo pack for the deleted scenes. It would have been a splurge for me just to get the blu-ray combo pack. :-\

Can somebody give more info on the deleted scenes? How many are there? What about the other bonus features? I MIGHT do a trade-in eventually if my interest is piqued and if the bonus disc isn’t 3D only, because I do not have a 3D player. (Heck, my only Blu-Ray is part of my laptop.)

The DVD dosen’t have delated scenes?

Well,they’re trying to force you into spending more money,given the bad reception…total rip-off… :-\

That’s what I’m thinking. I don’t have a Blu Rau, untill I get one the Blu Ray dic will be useless.

I bought the Cars 2 bluray bonus and I saw a deleted scene of the race in Paris, it’s pretty funny. They should have included it
has anyone seen it? :smiley: