Who do you like better?

• Holley Shiftwell
  • Sally Carrera
  • I like both the same.
  • I like both, but Holley better.
  • I like both, but Sally better.
  • Neither.

0 voters

I told MissCarrera I would make it so I made it. :-D) The title is kind of self-explanatory, who do you like better?

Sally Carrera- the beautiful, charming, intelligent American Porsche whose the love of Lightning McQueen.

OR

Holley Shiftwell- the also beautiful, also charming, and also intelligent (seeing a pattern here?) British Jaguar whose the crush of Sir Tow Mater.

Express and debate, no bashing please. :slight_smile:

Haha, I knew that this thread would be happening. Anyway, I would think that Sally is better between the two. It’s not that I hate Holley or anything. Yeah, she is cute but she just kind of annoyed me in a way. It makes me think that Finn would of been perfect for her instead of Mater.

I like Holley actually, but I rather Sally, she is the strong female character in the movie cars, maybe not so much in cars 2, but she is an very important character. Holley is more like an a secondary character, because Mater get more screentime than her. With Sally, mcqueen let her get more screentime, because they felt in love and their love it’s more shown and strongest than the love between Mater and Holley. Besides, she is lightning Mcqueen’s girl and a part of us love her for that reason, but what if she wasn’t his girlfriend? :confused:

I personally like Sally a LOT more…Sally was kinda annoying in Cars 2,but Holley irrtated me more… :stuck_out_tongue: But I do like Holley’s lips and Sally’s eyes are to DIE for :smiley: …I think both of them are equally very beautiful though…But I felt as if Holley was just “there”(And plus I don’t like Emily Mortimer :neutral_face: ) and after a while it got boring to me,like we know she’s a spy but what else is there,I mean I don’t care about the weapons and what-not…I care about how the character is relatable as far as women,or girls go…What are some positive qualities that I can look up too,and how strong is she? Plus I admire more women who have had a “rocky” past like Sally,who I think is a stronger female character than Holley,cause to mold someone with the personality like the one Lightning had at the beginning of the first movie,and then some,yeah it’s takes a strong person… :laughing:

I prefer Holley. She can kick bad guy bumper, is a wonderful shade of purple, and has a wonderful accent. I admire girls like that. :laughing: She was also smart enough to save herself and finn, although her comment about turning back time struck me as being a bit cliche.

Of course, I like Sally a lot too. She’s a nice person and she’s perfect for McQueen. (I really need to see Cars again so I can remember everything I like about her!)

I like her purple too… :slight_smile:

It’s a good color. A hard one to not like, in my humble opinion. :smiley:

Holley’s dark purple color does look pretty nice.

It’s true, it’s an awesome color. I would like to see it in real life.

It would make a great (girl’s) car.

You know,what’s funny I’m listening to “Run the World” by Beyonce…we should have more strong female characters like Holley and Sally… :sunglasses:

Haha, you know. :wink: Wait till MissCarrera sees it. :laughing:

You actually bring up a really good point. What if Sally wasn’t Lightning’s girlfriend? Would we still like her as much? I admit I would like her a smudge less but I would still love her as a character. I know it seems like an odd question but think about it.

Agreed, although I do like how green Holley’s eyes are, I like how Sally’s are like a mixture of different colors (There’s even brown in it, if you look really closely). If Holley’s “Angelina” lips and Sally’s eyes were on one car… :open_mouth: But you’re right, I felt Holley was put in there just so Mater can be the one to get a girlfriend this time. You know, it’s like there was a playing field between Lightning and Mater and the two movies. Lightning was the main character/hero and got the girl in the first movie so it’s like Mater had to be the same thing in the second one. But anyway, this thread is for the girls, no talk of the boys allowed. :sunglasses: Part of the reason why I don’t like Holley as much as Sally is because of the whole Mater thing. Maybe if actual romantic development was shown like Lightning and Sally, I could buy into it.

The bottom line is that I like both of them but I love Sally a lot more. <3

I actually like Holley’s shade of purple too. But I don’t know if I would want to see it or have it in real life. :laughing:

Whoa! I feel so out of the link! I finally found this thread! 8D I should have found it sooner but I rarely stray from my main-stay threads anymore. Guess I’m missing out!

My opnion on this topic: Holley is a wonderful character but lacks a lot in personality to me, and my life will forever be dedicated to the most amazing Porsche I know, Miss Carrera. :wink: Her and I are so alike, if I were to be reincarnated (that’s my best car-pun in a while :sunglasses: ) then I swear I would be her! It is as simple as that for me! :mrgreen:

<3[size=200]Sally Carrera[/size] <3

Yeah,Sally’s the best,even though shes annoying in Cars 2 a little… :stuck_out_tongue: 8D <3

Yeah, Holley was okay, but her main problem was that she lacked depth. Now I’ve gone on long rants about the lack of emotional connections in Cars 2 (outside, of course, McQueen’s devotion to the Lord Mater the Wonderful) but Holley is a great example of how. In the love story in Cars, Lightning’s initial attraction to Sally is in appearances. However, most of the falling in love was within quiet, character driven scenes, and there was real conflict; that is, in Lightning being forced to leave the town and it breaking Sally’s heart. In Cars 2, Mater initial attraction to Holley is for appearances, and…well, there was never a point when it seemed to get deeper than that. Any glimpses of romance we get are a few seconds within an action or humor sequence and were never really anymore than maybe her giggling at his antics. She’s a cliche, in the end; there to be the hero’s girlfriend. Sure, Sally’s main purpose is being a love interest too, but Lightning had to change for her, and she had to change a little too. She provided him the history of the town and her own back story to parallel his. What do we know about Holley other than that she is hot, nice and a bit of a rookie? Really, I kind of understand where the FinnXHolley shippers are coming from, in that she has more real conversation with him.I like her occasional sarcastic quips and her intellect, but to be honest I found nothing all that particularly special about her.

Now, Sally wasn’t a particularly ocean-deep character in C2 either (“Gee, Lightning! Your racing rival is so hot! Oh, you’re nice too, but he’s got OPEN WHEELS!” “No Lightning, thou must not bring thy mere girlfriend of five years on thy trip, thou must bring thy beloved BFF Lord Mater the Wonderful! For he is the greatest gift that Chrysler has ever bestowed upon our humble mortal souls!” “What is this? My boyfriend just almost died? TEEHEEHEE YAY RADIATOR SPRINGS!”) but at least we know that she had five years to get domestic and comfortable with Lightning. Holley was just a generic action movie love interest.

Wow, that was WAY longer than I meant it to be. :open_mouth:

Holley lacked deep, that’s true, but I don’t think Sally had much either.

That’s one of my main complains about the Cars scripts.

I was waiting for you to find it! 8D I figured that was the reason. Yes, you are missing out! [size=50](on my other lovely-made threads)[/size] :wink:

Woah-hoh! Look at tha’ knee-slapp’r righ’ ther’! (That’s my Mater voice) No seriously though, that was funny. 8D

My thoughts exactly, Rac. If they spent half the time they spent on actually making Holley into making her a well-developed, in-depth character-it would of been different. She probably could of given Sally a run for her money. Although, I still most likely wouldn’t like her more than Sally and wouldn’t jump on the “Mater and Holley” bandwagon because it’s just a very badly attempted and failed repeat of Lightning and Sally.

Tears. There are tears in my eyes from reading that, I can’t stop laughing. It’s so hilarious because it’s completely true. :laugh:

Thanks. Its always nice to make you guys laugh. :sunglasses:

[quote="Rac_Rules":388kowpp]
Now, Sally wasn’t a particularly ocean-deep character in C2 either ("Gee, Lightning! Your racing rival is so hot! Oh, you’re nice too, but he’s got OPEN WHEELS!" "No Lightning, thou must not bring thy mere girlfriend of five years on thy trip, thou must bring thy beloved BFF Lord Mater the Wonderful! For he is the greatest gift that Chrysler has ever bestowed upon our humble mortal souls!" "What is this? My boyfriend just almost died? TEEHEEHEE YAY RADIATOR SPRINGS!") but at least we know that she had five years to get domestic and comfortable with Lightning. Holley was just a generic action movie love interest.

Wow, that was WAY longer than I meant it to be. :shock:[/quote:388kowpp]

Now that’s the thing that made me not like Sally as much as I used too…spoiled b****(kinda) :P …also the fact that her character was more like Mia and Tia than herself in the first Cars in Cars 2… :-\…LOL If Pixar can’t have one second of Mater worship,the whole world is gonna go into a cataclysmic apaclolipse…or however you spell it… :-\ :P :roll: I think Cars 2 was made to downgrade Lightning in the first place… :x

But yeah,that was funny,especially the "Lord Mater" part…I seriously can’t believe

I kind of already explained who I think is better so I’m not going too much into detail. It just felt like Holley was underdeveloped along with the rest of the new characters. Yeah, she expressed great secret agency skills but she had very few character traits that made her feel unique.

I was thinking about if lightning had never change in cars 2 he could had flirted with holley, the way he did with sally when he met her,(obviously without love just flirting, because he loves sally) what do you think? :smiley: