The Cars Theorization Thread

This is the thread for sharing any and all ideas about how the Cars universe works. How do they do certain things, like fasten the cameras or tools to their wheel in the first place so they can then use them? Or what would a car’s bed look like? We can also discuss ideas about other aspects of their world, such as what Mack does when he’s not carting Lightning around ( 8D ).

So… start theorizing! :smiley:

When Lightning in in Cone #1 you see what a hotel bed looks like in the Cars Universe: carpet, though i expect that it’s probably soft carpet, after all, in this Universe, when you are planning to leave a car in the garage for a while, there are plastic (not sure what there called) things? that basically the tires sit on, they have the shape that the tires should be (so they don’t flatten on one side i guess…) so i assume the carpet might be like a form of Tempurpitic (i can’t spell that… its the special mattresses that form to whatever is on them) so its comfortable for them to sit on while they sleep. Does any of that make any sense?
i have soooo many questions about their universe… and things i want to see:
i want to know if they celebrate Thanksgiving? like do they have a “feast”? …now i want to see the Pilgrim and Native American Cars!! how did they “Hunt”?
I also want to see R.S. decorated for Christmas (or insert your favorite winter holiday here)!! like with the Tree, and lights, and Snow, and everything! (i wonder who teaches Lightning to drive on Snow and ice?)
Do they have pets in the Cars universe? like Dogs and Cats? we’ve seen bugs and birds, but not dogs and cats…
can the cars go swimming? i saw some cars in Porto Corsa on floties by the boats in the harbor, and one jumping off of a diving board, but i couldn’t tell if any where actually Swimming? wouldn’t the water get in their engine and do bad things?
Car school, do they have school like we do? (without the student parking) how do they deal with young cars and driving? like we have the permit/license thing, do they leat young cars drive to Elm. school? or do their parents take them? at what age are they able to drive around on their own?
do they have windshield wipers? (though of this while driving through the rain this week) or do they just blink to get the rain out of their eyes? some have “shades” (Wingo, Sid)

… il save more for later… that seems like a lot… :slight_smile:

A place for all my endless Cars universe questions! Yay! 8D I’ll try and answer some of those ^

Similar to humans I assume, we see in Cars 2 that they do have some solid foods. I can imagine them having a feast! :stuck_out_tongue:

I want to say no, but I think there is a shred of possibility. I’m thinking maybe something small, like a tiny car with a grill that looks like whiskers, or a spoiler that looks like a tail. Very hard to picture though!

No idea. I saw that scene too and I was kind of confused by it. Would they not sink? And we already know that they can’t breath under water either. Hmmm? :confused:

For sure! I believe in this! But I don’t think they are taught to drive, that would be like being taught to walk. However, they may be able to learn specific driving skills and techniques (like racing, or more advanced driving skills like Finn has :sunglasses: )

Pretty sure they don’t. Like you mentioned, they probably just blink it off. :laughing:

Oh, and these are all just my thoughts! I’m not saying any of them are even remotely correct. I hope other people will share their ideas! :mrgreen:

Woo! You made it! Go Snipe! :sunglasses:

sally&Stickers: I like your “Tempur-pedic” bed theory! And I guess if there’s a couple, then it’s just two pairs of those put next to each other?

I think they celebrate Thanksgiving. Now, I’m imagining black and white cars with hats and bonnets. 8D And the Native Americans could have like markings on their sides and have feathers on their hoods and the chief would have his big headdress. :laugh:

I want to see R. Springs decorated for Christmas too! Well, there are a couple books that shows it; A Car’s Christmas and Mater Saves Christmas.

Me too! In the books I mentioned, it shows him wearing snow tires.

I just thought of dogs and cats like yesterday! I really have no idea what they would be or look like but I would think they would have them, just like they have bugs and birds.

I think cars can swim. In one of the video games, Mater says that he can’t swim which sort of indicates that cars have the ability to swim. I would think the same thing you are about the water getting in their engine and stuff but I remember seeing the part you’re talking about in Cars 2 also. :smiley:

I think they go to school like we do. I think just how our parents help us learn how to walk, cars learn how to drive. Maybe they’re born in neutral and over time learn how to brake, accelerate, or change gears. But until then, their parents have to push them and stuff. I think it’s just like how we see elementary kids walk to school, little cars drive to school. Maybe with their parents, maybe not.

The windshield wiper thing is something that I always think of too. I mean, we don’t see that they have them. I always thought the thing Wingo and Sid have are like sunglasses.

Okay, my turn my turn! I want to know how cars can write. Like the note Mater wrote to Lightning and the others. o_0

I remember seeing some car pets on a State Farm ad for Cars 2. They were pretty small looking of you ask me.

Something I always wondered is what do cars actually eat of even if they do.

OH YEAH. Although, I guess that can’t be considered ‘canon’- we’ll go with it because they’re cute. :slight_smile:

State Farm/ CARS 2- Youtube

I think they eat normal food like we do. (The array of foods, including the wasabi, at the Tokyo gala)

I bet they ride a school bus. :-D)

Aw, Ballboi and SallyMcQueen, you took the words right out of my mouth! :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: But did anybody notice that the little model trains were like snakes? 8D

You know, that’s something that still doesn’t make a lot of sense… in the first movie they ate more car-related food, but in the second they could just eat anything it seems. :~o

I did notice that. It looks pretty cool if you ask me. I wonder how they take their pets out for a drive. I never really understood that either. One of the very small things that didn’t make sense in the sequel.

its all that foreign food!! 8D

i always thought that they had special classes for racing (apparently Lightning missed the Dirt driving day… and what to do when you skid…in regular driver’s Ed)

ive never seen the Cars Christmas books, i just have a coloring book i just got, i wish they would make a Short of RS getting ready for the holidays and play it during the ABC family 25 days of Christmas :slight_smile: (or if they already have one, play it)

i like the bus idea, and the shifting gears/accelerating would be like toddlers learning to walk-jog-run
in San Francisco, do they have street cars? i want to think they do, you can’t have San Francisco without street cars!!
i was glad to see the planes and trains in Cars 2
to write, i have a feeling its like their cameras,and Ramone’s paint gun the pen would attach to their hubcap

more questions!! (i have no end of them) :slight_smile:
~Assuming they have the same pop-culture we do, i want to see Harry Potter in car form! (maybe carpets instead of brooms…)
~ sports (other than racing), like football and basket ball would be cool to watch, hockey would be endlessly entertaining (driving on ice always is, thats what ice storms have taught me), surfing? if they can swim (still unknown) can they surf/windsurf/other water sports?
~ family vacations, especially with little kids, would they have a small trailer for the munchkin (what i cal small children)? like people have trailers for kids on their bicycles?
~can the cars get sick? with them being semi-biological (theres another thread i saw on this…) i have this mental image of a car with the archtypical ice pack in their roof (head?) and a thermostat in their mouth, and generally looking sick
~how do they do electrical work? like for the neon in Cars…

SM: I remember having a huge debate on the writing thing on another thread. I think we settled on the idea that they have pens that can attach to their tires. But who knows!

THIS!!! I have wondered that so many times! I don’t even have a clue. 8D

Ready for this? The ultimate Cars concept that needs to be explained…MONEY. We know they have money (Mater asking to borrow it), so how does that work!!! How do they carry it? How do they use it? These are the types of things that keep me awake at night! :laugh: ;-o

Anybody remember the car painting a picture of an old couple in the Paris scene of Cars 2? He had a little brush clipped on to his tire. I think that verifies how they’d write as well. :sunglasses:

8D I dunno… maybe they use credit cards? Only instead of scanning a card, you scan your tire print instead? No idea. :laughing:

How do they?!?! :open_mouth: o_0

MissCarrera: gasp Oh my gosh, money. :open_mouth: Wha- I never- oh my gosh. o_0 Well, I guess since Mater said ‘bucks’, it would imply that they do have paper money. For the explanation on how they carry it around… yeah, no. Going further more on that, how do they carry anything? Well, actually, there’s a part that shows the Tokyo airport and there’s a car carrying luggage in a little cart attached to his bumper but now I wonder what they put in it? I mean, they don’t have clothes. o_0

Oooooooohhhhhhh. :-D)

how do new cars get made?
What is the point of a bus in the cars universe?
:confused:

I don’t know. I go back and forth on that concept between “birth” and “manufactured”. I lean more towards the “birth” side though, for many reasons.

I know, right?! Or a taxi… (There was a couple shown in Tokyo.) :confused:

Do cars have to pay or anything or do they get everything for free?

on the money issue: i like the idea of scanning (like a credit card in our world) but like somewhere on them… the only this is, they get new paint, tires, and hubcaps… so maybe its like they say their name into some voice scanner thing (that is connected to the internet and can recodnise anyone’s voice, that’s been loaded into the system of course) and the cashier gets info on their computer like make, model, and year, and checks that because unless your a spy it would be hard to fake those… before technology though, i have no idea… do cars have a “pre-industrial revolution” time? ive always wondered about the cars universe before the 1900’s, where they all steam trains? or covered wagons?

and the carrying stuff: i always like to think they could use their trunks… and Van has that roof-top carrier, and there are trailers in the airport, as for WHAT their carrying, oil (food)? spare tire? spare license plate? emergency battery charger? (i know theres one in my car’s trunk)

maybe they have the stork, the cars are “manufactured” as babies (mini versions of their adult selves) and are taken to car couples who can care for them, and want a kid (faster babies go to parents who can go faster, so the parents can catch them), sort of combines the two ideas a little… thats one idea, i like the idea of biological families (or adopted, or foster, like in our world)

Money: Yeah, I don’t think they have paper/coin money of any type. That’s a good theory on the scanners and voice stuff though!

Pre-industrial revolution: ;-o < That is my mind attempting to imagine a world full of talking wagons. 8D I like to think that there world did NOT have a time like that. Has anyone seen the “Back to the Forward” Mater Tall Tale that was scrapped? That shows a lot on the history of their world, I like to hope that they didn’t go with that idea for that very reason. Too much to warp your head around. :confused:

Baby cars: Birth all the way! Though there are things that suggest otherwise, I like to think that’s how they populate. :blush: 8D The manufacturing thing is quite possible though. I wonder how your child would be determined then? Do they take a mix of the models and create the child so it will look like alike?

…I never thought of the pre-industrial revolution concept. I just imagine everything that happened in our history but with cars. Like instead of people, it’s all cars. MC’s right though. Just too much to wrap your head around. :open_mouth: :~o

Bt-dubbs, I’ve never heard of the Mater’s Tall Tale you’re talking about. I really want to see it now though. :frowning:

I’m wondering if models can even be mixed. Well, I think Lightning’s a prime example of that one. But I mean, does the model always mix? Or do the baby just gets one parent’s model? Well, then how do they get new models? Okay, maybe. thinks Ahh, okay. Maybe the models can mix but what mostly happens is that the baby gets one of the parent’s make but is a newer model? :mrgreen:

[size=50]This thread makes my head hurt.[/size] :laughing:

Do ‘baby’ cars even exist?

Wouldnt they just be fully grown,and act ‘adult’ straight away?

:confused:

^Well, there was the little purple car with an airplane on her antennae in the first Cars. I think we can all agree she was supposed to be a child. :sunglasses:

I know, right? :~o ;-o