Is it considered taboo for a car to be in love with a plane?

Or a ship or a locomotive?

I won’t ask about ships and locomotives falling in love with each other, because they would never interact. Planes and ships would only see each other from a distance of 20,000 feet in the air. But cars interact with all of these vehicles, and they can all take, share emotions, etc.

So would it be so wrong for a car to love a plane? I think that of the three alternative vehicles that cars could fall in love with, the plane would be the least problematic. Planes can spend a fair amount of time on the runway. They have their jobs of course, but there’s a chance that they have off hours, as even birds settle in trees once in a while.

A train could be ridiculous, because they have to spend all their time on tracks, and except for dirt roads near tracks, a car could have trouble talking to a train, except when a car is inside a train…

As for ships, they are on the water most of the time, and so a car wouold have to give up his usual habits if he fell in love with a ship. It would be like the guy in His Dark Matrials whose daemon turns into a dolphin, and he has to spend all his time on boats for the rest of his life.

So what do you think? Is it taboo?

I would hazard a guess that such relationships would tend to be frowned upon. Perhaps not illegal, but I doubt they’d be approved of by most cars and planes.
I’d like to hear other peoples’ opinions, though.

I’m not sure it would be taboo, but difficult at the very least. On the bright side, it’d be cool if your spouse could give you free travel. 8D

I never really thought about that. The cars obviously ‘stick with their own kind’ but I’m not sure how they view other types of vehicles.

Best not to think what the kids might look like…

Flying cars! So cute! :smiley:
Actually, I don’t think they could have children. Cars and trucks might be able to reproduce, but cars and planes look different enough that their genes are probably incompatible. Of course we are talking about organic-looking life forms with internal combustion engines, so anything is possible.

This scenario is like a Romeo and Juliet, only in the Cars universe form.

Sorry, but the idea of this is really funny to me. :laughing:

Car-plane babies…hm.

Well, they are starting to sell flyiny cars.

I’d never even thought about this before. Hmm…

Perhaps it would be viewed as inter racial marriage. It can’t be bestiality, because they’re all sentient beings.

Not with planes like Siddeley or Barney Stormin or THE Planes. Since they can communicate as easily as humans can, it should be normal. I think they were born in the vehicle form that they were born in because of their future occupation. Otherwise, they can be with whatever other “human” vehicle they please. Unless it’s obvious that the vehicle is an animal (tractors, Frank, bulldozers, Colossus XXL, Paris birds) or alien (Mator), it should be normal, I think. Sorry if I made that sound weird. :confused: ;-p

I knew what you meant.