WGP Racers

Although none of them are prominent characters (except Francesco. Oh, and Lightning :laughing:) and they’re mostly in the background with no lines, I love the WGP racers. <3 I think they’re cool, interesting, and deserve their own thread. :sunglasses: So… o_0

Yeah!

I love how they’re different kinds of racing cars!

It would have been nice if they’d had more lines and individual introductions.Maybe some of them could have cameos in Cars toons.

I thought it was a bit weird the amount of promotional stuff and merchandise they featured in,considering how minor some of them were.

Me too!

I hope that if they do some more Cars toons, they’ll start to use characters from Cars 2.

That’s true. There are a lot of merchandise especially featuring them.

I hope they make more Cars Toon but shorts like mater and the ghostlight and see more the other character without mater. It was too much mater in Cars 2

I they are pretty awesome! It would’ve been nice to see them featured a bit more, in my opinion.

I liked them. Although, they just felt like characters Disney threw in there to sell merch.

Completely disagree.

They’re necessary characters. How can there be a race without racers?

They’re needed for the plot, but they don’t need to take an active part on it.

Yeah, but I’ve had that impression. It also felt hard to sympathise with those characters when we barely knew them. At least to me that is.

Ballboi, I know what you mean. The fact that they got famous racecar drivers to do some of the WGP racers’ voices seemed kind of like a trick to sell merchandise .
Of course if it was, I don’t hold it against Disney or Pixar. They want to make money, just like the rest of us. 8D

I still disagree. That wasn’t their role.

Why would the script need you to sympathize with characters that are basically extras?

I mean, you can’t really have 50 main characters with speaking roles. 8D They have toi draw the line some where.

But these guys are cool.

I disagree also. They were completely needed.

Like Jeff Gordon or Lewis Hamilton? Well, isn’t that the same as Richard Petty playing The King? Or Michael Schumacher basically playing himself? I don’t think it was a merchandise game. I think it was just a clever way of sort of ‘connecting’ the worlds, if that makes sense. :laughing:

Yeah, let’s be honest, how many in the regular audience knew they were voicing characters? Or how many of them actually know who those racers are?

I don’t think it would be enough to attract a significant audience, so I would call it marketing. More likely an Easter Egg for the few people who knew about the thing beforehand.

Maybe you guys are right. Knowing Pixar’s easter egg obsession, it’s definitey possible that the racecar drivers were just added for fun.

See, Paulisha? Told you people would like this thread. :sunglasses: :wink:

I agree, I don’t think it was for marketing, just fun for the audience. Although it did double as marketing a tiny bit, I saw Jeff Gordon on Ellen and they talked about the film even though he only has like two lines. :laughing: He was one of my favourite WGP racers actually. They so should have made a Canadian one, he could say ‘eh’ after every sentence. :wink:

Yeah, it’s not something that a large number of people notice or know but I think in a general sense, people like Jeff or Lewis are famous enough to where most people know who they are.

LOL, shut up. :wink: 8D

He’s my fourth favorite one. :laughing: I was just thinking that! They should have! I could picture him now, white with red details. Haha, if he had a line. :wink:

Hmm. I always wondered who won the RSGP at end.

Mater did 8D

I’m like your conscious, I’m pretty hard to quiet. :wink:

Haha, true that! My order would probably go like this:

Francesco
Carla
Jeff
Rip
Raoul
Shu
Miguel
Lewis
Nigel
Max

That’s excluding McQueen of course, he would be first if you want to count him. :stuck_out_tongue: