Remy Living Character Initiative At Epcot

Here are some videos and photos of the animatronic Remy at EPCOT.

He’s adorable! Too bad he only speaks squekish. Him and the animatronic Wall-E’s lack of speech really limit guest the interaction, which means you just look at them for a minute and then move on. On the other hand, people can spend a long time being entertained bye just a talking trash can because of the interaction available.

Ha-ha. I read about this animatronic Remy on Jim Hill’s website, although I’d never seen any videos of the thing until now. Adorable. I wish he did more than just bob his head up and down and squeak, but he’s still fun to watch.

Thanks for the link! :smiley:

Dude, that was sofunny.

– Mitch

Aww, he looks adorable! Really looks just like him, the accuracy is very good! I quite like the fact that he only squeaks, as I prefer it in the movie when he doesn’t talk. :laughing:

And LOL at that rubbish bin. Some people are too easily entertained. :laughing: Thanks for the amusing links, Fett101!

Oh my goodness, I remember seeing the talking trash can when we were waiting at the gate of Animal Kingdom a couple years ago. I thought it was absolutely hilarious, but my parents and other members of the party seemed rather annoyed. :unamused:

I hope to see either the animatronic Remy or WALL•E the next time I go to Walt Disney World! :smiley:

little chef

That’s pretty neat! Imagine eating lunch and a Remy comes to the table and starts sqeaking at you. I’m sure my fam wouldnt know what to make of that!

ha ha ha ha! its awesome and hope this goes ahead also.

yeah i am hoping for the same!

Ha ha. Wow, aint that adorable. Makes me wish I can go there and look at it myself. My bro, who hates rats, would probably freak.

I can’t help but think that this has something to do with Patton Oswalt basically disowning his involvement with the film.

Awesome! I need to find that robot in my plate.

Why does he disown his role in the movie? :open_mouth: I’m very confused and frustrated now. 8D

I gotta admit I don’t know about that :open_mouth:

I’ve never heard of it before. Link, W’sBB?

I’m basing that on a stand-up routine he did (I’m not going to post a link because of adult content) where he said that he didn’t like doing publicity for the film and felt uncomfortable seeing kids dressed up as Remy. Now, whether he was being sarcastic I don’t know, but it’s the only reason I can think of for the Living Character Initiative to not talk.

Oh, okay. :smiley: Thanks!

That is rather cool just wish he could talk…

I’ve seen that trash can before, his name’s Push (No, really, that’s his name). The last time I saw him, he mistook me and my mom for some famous couple.