Ratatouille cameo in The Simpsons

In what is becoming a regular occurence (refer to the Wall-E and Up cameo threads), I was watching the new season of Simpsons on Free-To-Air (Oz gets the ‘new episodes’ about a month later than the U.S. :unamused:) a few hours ago, when I saw a reference to another Pixar film: Ratatouille! Seeing the original air-date for that episode was March 15, I’m surprised none of us has mentioned this by now! :smiley:

Needless to say, I was so excited, not to mention pleasantly surprised. I loved the way how [spoil]they misspelled the title and how Remy (or someone who looks like him) controlled Homer by his two strands of hair![/spoil]

The episode is ‘Gone Maggie Gone’. U.S. members can watch it free on Hulu, but for the ‘less fortunate’ among us in other countries, you can try this link. Just fast-forward to 03:29. :wink:

I have a feeling the Simpsons creators may be closet Pixar fans. :mrgreen:

Oh wow! Another one! Im going to have to start watching the Simpsons! :smiley:

Oooh, talk about similar. Well, Brad Bird did use to work on the Simpsons.

Haha! Well isn’t this a pleasant surprise? :laughing:
Maybe there will be WALL-E or Up references, too. Or any Pixar film-even short film.

I’ve actually seen this, but I thought it was already known.

Ah, but not discussed on this forum, something I thought one of us rabid Pixar fans would’ve created a thread for, but to my surprise, (when I trawled through the Ratatouille board) haven’t. :wink:

I hadn’t heard about this one. That’s so cool! And I agree, thedriveintheatre, it really does seem like the people involved with The Simpsons are Pixar fans in hiding. :laughing: Thanks for telling us about this!

haha! Cute! I wonder how many Simpsons viewers got the reference…

Incidentally that episode is on Fox tonight at 8PM so I may watch it, since I havent seen it yet…

Incidentally my dad was telling me about the Ratatouille reference today. D: Oh the irony.

yeah. lol

I’m not surprised Ratatouille (or Up, for that matter, which was referenced) was lampooned in The Simpsons, as many movies, TV shows & a lot of pop culture icons are lampooned in the show. Nothing special.

You can actually watch that ep online through the link I provided… :wink:

Unless you happen to be a Pixar fan, perhaps? :wink:

TDIT - As a Pixar fan myself (obviously), I myself was a tiny bit flattered, that’s all. It was ought to happen. (I think I seem less entusiastic about this through my post than I really am, IDK.)

Yeah I could have, but I honestly didnt think of watching it till I saw it was gonna be on. All I can say is that was one of the trippiest Simpsons episodes I’ve ever seen. :wink:

Fairy 'nuff (Fair Enough), Phileas. :smiley:

Hm… the new season’s like that, becoming a bit too non-sequitur like Family Guy, lennonluvr9. :wink:

Well, being trippy isnt necessarily a bad thing… :wink:

I’m surprised that I haven’t seen that one. Then again I haven’t seen The Simpsons in a while. :laughing:

In a bit I’m gonna check it out when I get home from my class. :slight_smile:

I managed to catch this episode when I was at my brother’s house in Ohio, it was kinda funny!

haha I like the look on Lisa’s face in that picture

Oh my!!! This episode has a Refrence to Red and Woolfy from Tex Avery’s famous cartoons from the 40s! Thank you Simpsons for paying an Homage to Tex Avery and Pixar in a space of 3 minutes! :slight_smile:

Edit- Please don’t double post. Thanks!

-lizardgirl