3D re-release

Ratatouille is getting a 3D re-release:

bleedingcool.com/2010/07/13/ … tatouille/

What do you think?

I think there’s a topic on this?
Also Pixar Planet made a article about it.

I made a topic, but I deleted it because I was told it was leaked news that Pixar wanted on the down-low. Not anymore I guess.

I think this is interesting, but it seems like the Pixar movie with the least 3D potential.

Well, I think there are some scenes with potential, like the sewers sequence and Remy running fin the kitchen when he first gets there.

Actually, Martin posted about it in the blog, Upcoming Pixar. But you UP and PP are one entity now, so it is all good!

I regret to say that I never saw Ratatouille in theaters. It is now my second favorite Pixar film, and I absolutely love it! In fact, the film sort of sparked my second wind of obsession with Pixar.

I will happily go see this if it rereleased, but I feel like the studio should wait a few more years.

I heard about this on Upcoming Pixar. Ratatouille seems like an odd choice to me since it’s only three years old. I would have expected one of the older Pixar films like A Bug’s Life or one that’s getting a sequel soon like Monsters Inc. or Cars. That’s not to say that Ratatouille wouldn’t be good in 3D, but I think any Pixar film would.

Yeah, that was my reaction when I first heard about it’s rereleae, “Didn’t that movie come out like, three years ago”. I’m hopeing that they’ll re-release Monsters, Inc in 3D in 2012 just in time for the sequal.

I’m not really keen on this idea, to be honest. I don’t think it’s the greatest choice of Pixar’s films for re-release (Monsters, Inc., Cars or The Incredibles would be better choices, I think) but the whole re-release thing puts me off in the first place because the majority of times, 3D doesn’t seem to enhance the film that much. It’s not a bad thing as such, and obviously it’s to make more money, but it just doesn’t seem necessary to me.

Some scenes would look great in 3D (and others gimmicky), but why is this necessary? I understand with Toy Story 1 and 2 because they were testing for the 3D effect in the third one, but this movie was so brilliant on its own, why must it require special glasses now?

I agree. I dont see the need. I think its mainly because I’m just sick of all this 3D. Its nice once in awhile, but I dont need to see every movie ever made in 3D. I’ve already talked about why 3D annoys me so I wont go into it again. I’m perfectly content seeing a 2D movie.

I agree with lennonluvr9, everything I hear about movies these days are all about 3D this, 3D that. Especially Pixar.

And Ratatouille doesn’t seem like a very appropriate choice (apart from the sewer scenes, etc).

I probably won’t see it. The only Pixar film I’d probably like to see again in 3D that hasn’t already been released in 3D is Cars. That would be awesome, and I’ll get my chance next year when I see Cars 2.

I’m not a huge fan of the 3D stuff, but if they absolutely have to release more Pixar movies in 3D, I’d pick something that would be more thrilling to see in 3D, like WALL-E, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, or A Bug’s Life.

I like the idea of a rerelease, but the 3D aspect might in fact be a little much.

I will still see it either way though.

I would love to see this film again in theaters, just imagining to see in 3D the race scene when Skinner pursues Remy,ohohohoohoh, I hope Pixar still keeps this in mind ;-p

That would be an epic scene.

I think that instead of doing Ratatouille in 3D it should be Monsters, Inc.

1. Ratatouille was only released 4 years ago, while Monsters, Inc came out 10 years!

2. A MI rerelease would be perfect since the sequel is coming out next year. (Just like how they did the re-releases for TS1 & TS2 for TS3)

I know. I was very disappointed when they didn’t re-release the first Cars on 3D this year :frowning:

it would be great, but I think that there is no time for scheduling it right now, we are only 19 months far from the prequel (oficially announced today)

I am sure they will do a 3D re-release of the cars movies when Cars 3 hits theaters, ;-p

I know, I just think it would of been nice if they had, and as Spirit said, the same with Cars.

If they did choose to re-release it in 3D, I’m not buying it. A lot of movies are marketed as ‘in 3D’ to the point they have it in their titles! Like ‘Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D’ or ‘The Three Musketeers in 3D’ or ‘Priest in 3D’. They announce them as such in trailers and posters. It’s ridiculous.

Sure, there may be one or two scenes with great 3D potential, like the opening crash scene with the cars flying, or maybe when Doc Hudson jumps over McQueen at the end, but most of the time, it’s not really exploitative of the medium.

Great 3D movies, I find, are those which tend to call for depth-perception scenes as opposed to 'stick ‘em in your eye’ moments. Three of my best experiences in 3D are those which involve flying sequences; Avatar, How to Train Your Dragon and Legend of the Guardians. Oh, and maybe Up, but I could really remember if I watched it in 2D or 3D. I think 3D.

Anyway, you really feel like the sky is just opening up beneath you and there’s this huge expanse of land (or sea) just stretching for miles around, it’s really spectacular. Scenes like the recent Justin Bieber film ‘Never Say Never’ where he pokes his hand right in your face are really annoying, and there are more of that in Cars than flying or depth perception sequences.

So no, no thank you. I would love to see a re-release in 2D, though! :wink: Better yet if it’s a double-bill with the sequel like what they did with Twilight and Pirates of the Carribean trilogies.