PItbulllady's Art

Man, I gotta get around to uploading some of my Pixar-related stuff, some of which goes Waaaaaay back!

Anyway, starting off with my latest, not my best. I did this today at school, while demonstrating to my students what “fan art” was about, how to develop a picture from a concept using a borrowed character. I was also experimenting with a free 30-day trial download of Corel Painter X, which I can never actually afford in reality. I came up with the idea of what Randall would have looked like from the perspective of a child, lying in bed at night, hearing the closet door creak open in the darkness, rekindling a fear that even the night light can’t erase, and working with the assumption that Randall’s eyes would reflect light like a cat’s in the darkness.

pitbulllady

Very cool, lady!!! :smiley: That would scare the heck outta me.

Wow! That’s pretty cool! So from what I understand that’s photo manipulation? That would look really neat on the wall. Although it would take me some getting used to. I’d probably get spooked by it at first because I wouldnt be expecting it.

No, it’s all done in Corel Painter X, using various features of that program. I’ve got an old version of Painter that I normally use, but Corel is allowing a 30-day free trial of Painter X, which is awesome beyond words, so I figured I’d play around with it a bit, knowing I can’t actually afford to buy it. Straight edges are done using their straight line feature, while Randall and the impression of toys are done using the free-form drawing. A lot of it is just colors, creating an illusion of objects because you expect there to be toys and things there. The only toy I tried to actually make vaguely recognizable is a small Stitch plush on the toy shelf.

I will really miss that program when my trial use period is up!

pitbulllady

Oh! So everything was made up! I thought that was an actual room… :stuck_out_tongue: Nice job!

Wow, no wonder kids were so scared of him. He looks delightfully creepy in this picture. Good work, and keep it up as long as you have your shiny trial program! :wink:

Bump this sucka up, doggone it! Been WAY too long since I could log on and post something, let alone fanart…shoot, been WAY too long since I MADE any fanart, but I managed to scrape up the spare time during my all-too-brief Christmas vacation from work to whip up something, so here 'tis(again, THANKS to Pixar Vixen for helping me get back on…now here’s hoping that the site won’t kick off my current password!)

If you’re wondering about the car, the inspiration(aside from my own obsession with Studebaker)comes from the box cover of the old board game, “Monsters, Inc. Game of Life”, on which Randall is seen driving a purple(what else?)bullet-nose Studebaker convertible, albeit one with a couple more tires than the ones I’m used to have! Using my own non-convertible '51 Stude as a model, I changed the top a bit, and made it purple, and re-chromed the bumpers and headlight rims, and gave it a new driver…with a can of Monster Energy drink, of course(too hot for coffee out there in the desert, but if you gotta have a caffeine fix, Monster is the way to go)!
The sign, of course, is self-explanatory.

pitbulllady

Eep! The car matches Randall! I love it! :laughing: Great work, pitbulllady, it’s nice to see you doing fanart again. I’m loving Randall’s grin, with that trademark underbite, and I never realised how cool he’d look in sunglasses. :smiley:

Oh, yeah, you KNOW Randall would look mega-cool in shades, although it’s really a shame to cover up those lovely emerald green eyes! Still, it’s not practical while driving in the desert Southwest, especially in a convertible, to leave one’s eyes exposed to the damages of UV rays, so shades it was!

I didn’t even think about it while doing this pic, but it’s sort of a tribute to the Hoosier State, too; Randall has that accent, and the Studebaker factory was located in South Bend, Indiana.

pitbulllady

Ah, but how would the sunglasses stay on his face, since he doesn’t have any visible ears? Maybe he could wear those wrap around ones. :laughing:

Or, he could just sorta hook 'em behind those jaw muscles, which you can see really well in your sig, proving that it’s a good thing for Sulley that Randall must have outgrown that biting stage in kindergarten! He could sure give Dr. Brady Barr’s “Bite Meter” a workout if he wanted to! I didn’t think too much about how he’d wear the shades, though; Wilt wears both shades and reading glasses, and he doesn’t have visible ears, either, and his head is shaped somewhat like Randall’s, just with those three lobes on each side, but his eyes are way up on stalks. At least Randall’s eyes are still touching his head!

pitbulllady

Ooh, I really like how you did the first one, pitbulllady! It’s so cool- if only that could be in a real room…
The second one looks pretty cool, too. Randall looks like a high-class type guy, wealthy and has a great fashion sense going on there…it must be the shades.

Ooh, you own a Studebaker, pitbullady? That’s mint! :smiley: I love the Cars reference in the composition. Of course, Randall is looking flash with those shades! (Seems like we got of Randall fans…)
Like the Corel Painter job with him creeping through the door. Looks appropriately scary!

I’ve got a couple of Studes, actually-a '51 “bullet-nose” like the one in the pic, only mine just has the “flathead” six-cylinder engine(I’m sure Randall would have a 289 V8, probably with a Paxton-McCullough supercharger, which was not stock in '51, but WAS on later Stude models), and I’ve got a '61 Lark VIII Cruiser(which DOES have the 289 V8, matching-numbers engine), a very rare model, which I take to car shows and drive to work occasionally.
Yeah, there’s quite a lot of Randall fans around and about, actually. We’re a very dedicated bunch!

pitbulllady

I was wondering what had happened to you! Welcome back! Anyway, yeah that pic looks really cool. So shiny! literally…And I love the Cars cross-reference! I wonder what he’ll be doing there?

hah thats really cool!

Here’s the latest…done with a number 2 pencil on copier paper(fine art materials, indeed)while walking around the classroom administering the state’s standardized tests to my students. I later enhanced it and cleaned it up a bit in Corel Painter, using the Wacom Intuos tablet, but it’s still mostly pencil.

In case anyone is wondering, that’s a Studebaker logo on Randall’s coffee mug.

pitbulllady

Les Brilliance :slight_smile: Any particular name for this piece? :smiley:

Nope, I didn’t even name it…any suggestions?
I just sorta walked around with the paper on a clip-board, and it was almost like the pic “drew” itself. I had to change Randall’s position; initially, he was facing the other way, then I realized that since he’s a “lefty”, that would be all wrong for him to be holding the coffee cup in his right hand, so I turned him around and it looked much better.

pitbulllady

Your latest Randall picture is probably in my opinion the best you have ever posted on here. It looks really well done pitbullday. I love it.