Art Jamz!

Ok kids. Time for something new. Tomorrow is going to be day one of PP’s new art scene. We need to get those artistic juices flowing again around here. Yeah, I’ll admit. Part of the decline is my fault, but I want to fix that. So we’re gonna do some jamz cue over-enthusiastic game show music

So here’s how it works:
[i]1. First and foremost, this is not a competition. I’m leaving those to lizardgirl and her fine maintenance over at PPdA.

1. Each jam will last anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. I leave that for you guys to decide.

2. Artwork can vary anywhere from a sketch, to lineart, to fully rendered pieces. Heck, if you want to do craftwork have at it. The point isn’t to take up all you time, just something to doodle up if you’re bored enough.

3. The theme is the only guideline you have follow. Everything else is up to you.

4. You don’t have to participate in every single jam. Just hop on in if you want to.[/i]

Hmm, I think that about covers it. You guys can discuss the time line. If I may put my 2 cents in, I say we run it the first 3 weeks, then take a week off.

So my creative brethren, how about it?

I’m all for it :-D)

My confidence is slowly going up in my artistic skillz but I could always use some motivation…
:mrgreen:

Cool, Pixfan. Seems not a lot of people noticed this thread. But I’m still going to start it off anyways.

So I decided in of the upcoming world event the first theme will be the Olympics. Winter or summer, it makes no difference. We’ll end it on the 24th. Post your work to this thread.

Have fun guys!

An Olympic theme huh? oh boy, I would love to see your guys’ ideas. Good luck with them.

Nice idea, Haunt! I don’t draw that much, simply because other creative outlets seem to take up my time. But I’ll try to come up with something for this group-effort.

Hey. whatever…maybe once they see how this goes they’ll join in! :-D)

Olympic theme eh? Cool. One question just to get this right…we draw only 1 character right?

^ As many as you want! You can cross movies and shorts too. As long as it’s Pixar you’re good.

Ooooo, I’m in! :mrgreen:

I hope this stirs my creative juices because I’ve been in a drawing slump.

Wow! Hi everyone, I just joined the forums this second!

I’ve been cruising around here for a few months now, never really had the urge to sign in and join y’all.
But ever since I’ve seen WALL-E, I’ve had this creative outburst, so naturally when I came across this post - I’d love to join in on this! :slight_smile:

I currently work as a graphic/webdesigner so this should be just my cup of tea :slight_smile:

Welcome to PIxar Planet winkieflash! I can’t wait to see what you can conjure up!

Welcome winkieflash! Glad you decided to join in. Have fun!

That sounds awesome! I’ll definitely try to enter something!!

Very nice idea, Haunt! I might participate myself, and make good use of the rest of the summer holidays. :smiley:

Hey all. How’s everything going? Anyone gotten some time in on your sketch? (Or whatever you were working on :laughing: )
Just letting you guys know that I’ll close this round on the 24th. A little over a week. Remember, this is not a contest. It’s just for fun and anything goes. Can’t wait to see what pops up!

Got the ideas in hand…just gotta put it on paper…:wink:

Finishing up another work in progress, but other than that it’ll get here on time. :-D)

^ It’s appreciated but don’t knock yourself out. Doesn’t look like anyone’s showing up for this one.
I’ll be closing this round tomorrow night. Before you guys said you wanted to have an active art scene here. What gives? :confused:
No matter. I’ll keep pumping out the themes. I think these are good to break up school stress and art slumps. Obviously it’s a voluntary thing. I hope you guys jump in for the next one. I’ll try to make the theme more broad.

Don’t count me out just yet…I have a few sketches I’m finishing up…I’ll have em by tomoroww afternoon…

Trying to keep my promises…:wink:

My apologies, Haunt. Procrastination is my disease.

I may have a sketch up before closing time. I always hate the thought of an idea of mine going to waste. :neutral_face:

Waah. This art jam had so much potential, and I blew it. :frowning: Oh well. Concept sketches are better than nothing.

I had a vision of Russell from Up holding balloons representing the 5 Olympic rings:

I tried to mimic Jamie Hewlett’s style, mainly for Russell’s face. I just thought it would fit him.

Sorry, Haunt. I’ll make sure your next art jam will be jammed with art. :wink:

Nice Sketches PV! :wink:

Heh, look like we were almost caught in the same situation here…but luckily I found it within myself to not let myself down this time …well almost

But nonethless here’s what I could muster up over a couple days…putting the idea’s to paper was the hardest part for me…

Need explanations (in case it’s not clear), just ask…:-D)

Looking forward to do a better job next time!

Enjoy.