My Pixar Renders

Here, we have Luxo.

(click and drag this to the address bar for the full res version, this board scales them down it seems)

I used to have a luxo Jr but my hardrive died and I lost it. if I still had it I would put them both in the same scene. but oh well, I’ll probbaly make another one evenetually. but heres a pic of what that one looked like.

anyway, Im also working on making Andy’s room.

Kyle, it looks really, really amazing. I like it. You did a really nice job with it. You are incredibly talented.

Welcome to Pixar Planet also.

:astonished: Ooh, nice job, Kyle (and welcome to Pixar Planet). That’s a great start, how long did it take you to make those?

Very good job! They look almost just like the actual thing!

Great job! Can’t wait for Andy’s room!

Nice job! What program do you use?

Great work! :smiley: Thumbs up.

Thanks all.

I use Anim8or, which you can download (totally free and small filesize) at Anim8or.com

heres what I have of Andy’s room. still much to do though.

(Note: the top is not as recent as the bottom one, so some things are less accurate in that)

Wow, It’s beautiful ! :open_mouth:
Great job. :smiley:

Holy cow, that looks amazing. Nice work.

Wow, these are amazing! They look very good!

Wow! It even has the Luxo lamp and Mickey watch! It’s great!

Simply amazing! Even though it is a work in progress, I can tell how much attention to detail you are putting in to Andy’s room.

I’ve heard of Anim8or, but never used it. Looks like a good program though, especially for being free. I use Maya at school. Haven’t done much with modeling yet though.

:astonished: Wow…wow…wow. Amazing job! Hard work pays off. :smiley:

Is it your rst year at school ?

they look amazing good job…

Wow, those renders are incredible! You’ve really got the feel and style of Andy’s room down to a T! Nice work, Kyle! :smiley:

My second year. I’ll get to do some modeling next semester.

Kyle: How long have you been modeling?

Ive been modeling since 2002. but I havnt progressed a whole lot, if I did I’d have moved on to 3Ds Max or Maya by now. But learning those high end apps can be pretty intimidating. One of these days I’ll have to go outside my box and get my hands dirty.

Anyway, here’s a new render. this is the largest render Ive ever done, with a render time of 24 hours. Thats way longer than I expected. lol.

(heres a link to the full res)
img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/ … ndy247.jpg

If I were to do an animation of one second at this resolution, on average at that rate it would take over a month. ha ha
I guess thats what render farms are for. :wink:

Anywho, as you can probably tell, Ive been workong on the shelf a bit more, adding some set dressing. its worth noting that that texture on the wagon is not mine, I just grabed it from the ultimate Toy Box and slapped it on . the rest of the textures are mine, but I gotta give credit where its due. I’ll probably make my own version of the same texture when this is all done with.

I made the luxo lamp larger, but Im not sure if this is a good size yet. what do you guys think?

The cool thing about this is that when this is all done, I should be able to also make andy room from Toy Story 2 with a few modifications and rearrangment of furniture. In theory of course. It might be harder than I think.

Kyle: Programs like 3ds max and Maya (I’ve used both) may seem intimidating at first, but they really aren’t that bad. Granted I started with Max, so I’ve been used to using them. I say give 'em a go if you get the chance. Since you have already have experience, it should be a fairly easy transition for you. I think you can handle it! :smiley:

24 is indeed a long time! It’s looking good though! I think the size of the Luxo lamp works. I don’t think I’d make it much bigger. Keep up the good work!