My Pixar cars for NASCAR SimRacing

I’m new to the boards but I’ve been a fan of Pixar for a long time - and so has my wife. In fact we are both a couple of Disneyphiles and honeymooned at the park in Orlando (second honeymooned there too).

Anyway, I also happen to be a PC video gamer, mostly sports titles and one of them happens to be NASCAR SimRacing. This is a game that you can modify pretty easily, especially when it comes to painting cars. A while ago someone at a mod site had painted a Lightning McQueen car to run in the game and soon after a Car of Tomorrow mod was created. Since I was new to painting then I asked a talented artist who had done several cars for other people by request if he could do a Lightning McQueen as a COT.

This was the result:

Soon afterwards I started painting myself and I gotten pretty good. I made a series of Pixar cars to go along with Lightning.

The Incredibles:

Monsters Inc:

Finding Nemo:

Lightning McQueen - Radiator Springs version:

I also did a Doc Hudson version of the old cars:

I’m trying to do Mater for the Craftsmen Truck Series but I’m having problems with the color. Can’t quite get the right shade of rust that he needs. Oh well, I’ll keep trying.

Very Cool BigDaddyCool! Those are pretty cool cars. Your pretty talented! And welcome to Pixar Planet Forums!

Those are awesome! I especially love the The Incredibles one- the massive ‘I’ looks great on the bonnet of that car. Nice work, BigDaddyCool. I didn’t realise that there were games where you can actually customize the look of the car.

I absolutly love the Incredibles Car. But all of them look really amazing. Nice work Bigdaddycool.

Thanks guys, it’s always good to know that someone likes your work.

Tha cars actually look good on the track too:

This was an early test run I did in the game driving at Daytona.

Man, only in a video game could you see Lightning McQueen running alongside Dale Earnhardt.