CMB's Animation

Well, here is something i threw together on Maya in July 08’ at a summer studio at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh.

Basic, yes, but its nice to accomplish your first animation, so work with me here. lol

Not sure what the html code is to embed it, so here a link. :slight_smile:

s176.photobucket.com/albums/w174 … LFINAL.flv

Pretty nice work for your first animation! :-D)

Only thing I would critique it the fact that it may have a little too much air time, (assuming this is based on regular gravity) and it has a weird ‘squash and stretch’ when it’s in the air too (assuming the ball is solid).

But that’s just me nitpicking, :wink:

I haven’t even taken an animation class yet, but I’m learning to think more and more like an animator everyday. :wink:

Keep up the good work!

:mrgreen:

That’s really good, CMB! Much better than anything I could ever do! I like the lighting and how the ball squashes as it hits the table. Good work! :smiley:

The ball’s squashing is pretty exaggerated, so it’s got a nice cartoonish quality. Good job!

I would like to extend length of the video. I wanted it to bounce 10 times before it ended, because the video is rather short.

Easily fixable, but my laziness to do so is holding me back. lol

I added the extra exaggeration for the reason Wayne had said, cartoonish look. Im satisfied with my first little video. :slight_smile:

I thought the ball squishing when it bounced was sweet. I thought the shadow may have been a little too big on its way up. BUt thats just from my perspecive.

Well the only say i had in the way the shadow was projected was the lighting. I set the lighting points, and the shadow came automatic.

I see. Well, thats jut my opinion. It still looks really good.

Its cool, i understand what you are saying. :smiley:

In 7 months im starting college for media arts and animation, can not waitt!

Oh, that sounds really exciting. I bet you’ll knock em dead over there. :wink:

Thats what im hoping for. Id do anything for a job at Pixar

You can join the club. And I say that for many of us on PP. :wink:

lol oh i bet.

Yeah, but many of us would like different jobs if we work at Pixar. Like you want to be an animator, one wants to work as a storyboard artist, one as a music conductor, and for me, an actor or a singer.

Back on topic now. . .

well The Star Swordsman to stay off topic for a second, i agree with what your saying. Id like to be an animator, story board artist, lighter, texturer, or basically anything ill my college experience will teach me. :slight_smile:

CMB - That’s not bad for a first try, in my opinion! Nice work! :smiley:

– Mitch

Thanks Mitch! :slight_smile:

CMB - You’re most welcome. :wink:

– Mitch