Pixar Planet

Halos Nach Tariff's Artwork (last update: 26/03/09)

Share your fan art from your favorite Pixar films and shorts here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Halos Nach Tariff » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:05 pm

• 18/03/09
Okay here is the super-rough draft sketch for my Ratatouille piece:

http://fc14.deviantart.com/fs42/i/2009/ ... tariff.jpg

As you can see it's just a very simple line sketch at the moment. That vague thing to the right is going to be a rack of bread baskets and the thing at the bottom is going to be a worktop with various chopping boards, pots and ingredients on. It's not a direct film to paper drawing because my DVD won't play on my laptop and I can't be bothered pausing it on the TV. If you wondering why Linguini is peeling a potato it's because when I had his hands doing nothing it looked kinda weird. The background out of the window is going to be a stylised view of La Ville-Lumière.

Tell me what you think.
Last edited by Halos Nach Tariff on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Halos Nach Tariff
Garbage Boy

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:07 pm

I say it looks pretty good. There is clearly a strong, loving relationship between the two. You did a good job drawing the two prepare food. NIce work. Keep it up.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Halos Nach Tariff » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:39 pm

Hmm, I wonder why the 'image' tags aren't working? They've worked on all the other pictures. Oh well, I'll just post the link for now.

I forgot to say that on the Ratatouille piece I'm going to put the scene's dialog in French on it somewhere. Which, if my high school French serves me properly should be something like: 'Comment dites-vous de comment bon pain est sans le goûte ? Pas l'odeur, pas le regard, mais le son. ..of la croûte. Ecouter...'
I'm not sure if the grammers right in that... Anyway I'll put it in some fancy, florid script and it should work well with the picture.

It may be a while before I update again, I've got quite a lot of work to get done. (Nothing to do with me just getting Final Fantasy Tactics...honest...)
Halos Nach Tariff
Garbage Boy

Postby Halos Nach Tariff » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:24 pm

• 26/03/09
Okay, sorry for the delay, I've only been able to get a little done this week:

Basically I've just added a little rudimentary shading to Colette and Linguini, and played around with the objects on the counter.
Halos Nach Tariff
Garbage Boy

Postby lizardgirl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:28 pm

Looking pretty good so far! The rough shading is really giving the fabric of their clothes a nice texture, and the perspective seems fine too. Linguini's face looks perhaps a little off, I'm not sure exactly what it is as his eyes and hair seem fine, and his nose looks okay too, so it might be the mouth. I'm aware that this is just a sketch at the moment anyway, so with more shading the final piece will probably look right. I'm looking forward to seeing the next stage of this one!
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby bright dot-dasher » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:20 pm

It looks great! Especially the shading and realistic look to it with the texture of their clothes and the slight shadowing. Linguini does look a little off, but only a little. Well done :D
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Previous

Return to Fan Art