bright dot-dasher's Art Island

Welcome to my island made up of fanmade artwork! I hope you like :slight_smile:

(WALL-E’s costume is supposed to be made of an old mosquito net, heheh)

(Sorry this image isn’t clear! This is supposed to be Violet quoting Princess Diaries: “My expectation in life is to be invisible, and I am good at it!” I think I should reupload a clearer version)

More to come! Please comment!

They all lot really nice BDD. You have got really good art skillz in you. Its better than what I will ever do. Nice work. I love the Violet one. Keep it up.

Thanx, TSS! :smiley: (I just realized that all the pics are sideways…oops…I’ll fix that…)

I definetely can not wait to see more fan art from you BDD.

D’aww, I love Wall-e dressed up as a ghostie. Too cute :slight_smile:

I like your Eve doodles. And the fact she dresses up as an angel for Halloween was a good choice! Wall-E can ‘ghost’ (tag-along with) her, heheh.

I can’t tell whether Eve is sad or giggling in the third. Maybe you can increase the resolution of your pics somehow? :question:

The Violet pic has a very fitting quote. Who woulda thought? :smiley:

The last is my fave. An important scene with a clever tagline. Probably how Eve looks to Wall-E after many years in solitude.

This is a very nice island. If I ever get ‘stranded’, I’ll make myself some pina coladas and talk to a volleyball.

‘Art Island?’ I like it! :smiley: EVE looks adorable in that first one, and you use her eyes to convey emotion really well. The Hallowe’en one is clever, I like the idea of EVE dressing up as an angel- suits her perfectly! The Violet one is sweet, I like the clothes that she’s wearing. And the last one is cool too- that’s a nice quote and I like how WALL-E is peaking up behind a rock to look at EVE. The shape of EVE’s arms looks slightly off, but her head and body are perfect. I think this one would look great in colour! :smiley:

I’m loving your artwork, bright dot-dasher! Looking forward to seeing your next pieces! :smiley:

Thanks for the comments, everyone! :smiley:

All right, I’m gonna test something out here…

Who can tell what this drawing is supposed to be of?

Lemme guess. Super Spy Wizard? :smiley:
I saw it on one of your siggys before… although I have no idea what on earth it means! Care for clarification? :wink:

That’s definitely Violet in the middle, but I’m not sure about the other two…It’s a good sketch so far, either way! I’m liking the details of their outfits and the proportions of their anatomy looks good too.

I recognized violet, but it was kinda hard for me to recognize the first two at first because they were faceless. THen I realized that it was Selena and Alexa around her from Su[er Spy Wizard. Nice and sweet work.

ooo, what did you do to Vi’s outfit? :3
It looks cute! When you get the chance, post a bigger version of that. I’d love to see it.

Very cool! Love the poses; gives them some attitude!

Awesome job, BDD. :slight_smile: I like how you drew Violet quoting Princess Mia’s line. I was wondering if I was the only one who thought that they were incredibly similar. :wink: Another part of that line I would have liked to see her quote: " I’m still waiting for normal body parts to arrive! I can’t run a country!!!" (Or in Violet’s case "I can’t be a ‘SUPER HERO!!!’) Besides, she practically said the same thing in “Vowellett”

I also like the one from Super- Spy- Wizzerd. It took me a wile to figure it out, but I think the wand in Alex’s hand kind of gave it away. (Well… that, and reading thedriveintheatre’s post right after it. :laughing: ) I’d like to see more illustrations form that story. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, BDD!

I’d also like to apologize for being gone for so long. See, what happened is… well, I don’t want to take up a bunch of space on your art page blabbing about my weak, so if you want to know, just go to my art page. Because, that’s were I’m headed next.

Thanks for the feedback, thedriveintheatre, lizardgirl, The Star Swordsman, Haunt, Hannahmation, and violet parr! :smiley: Yes, it’s from Super Spy Wizard.

Super Spy Wizard is a crossover fanfiction I made up with The Incredibles, Spy Kids, and Wizards of Waverly Place. :wink:

Yeah, I know, they seem to have the same kind of worry in their minds…teen angst and international meetings/missions? :wink: Princess Mia doesn’t want to run a country, and Violet doesn’t want to save the world (or maybe, save a country, because she’s not at “saving the world” level yet? Just maybe…) “I can’t be a superhero!!” and “I can’t be a princess!!!” do kinda deal with the same attitude. So…yeah, you thought of it too? You know what they say, great minds think alike. :wink:

I didn’t include the faces because since they were live action, and I’m not good at drawing real people’s faces, I didn’t want to make the actors out there look bad with my crude face-drawing. So I left them blank.
:wink:

Okay, I’d like to explain the picture a little bit more…if you don’t really feel like you want to read the description, that’s fine with me, I totally understand. This is just extra info.

On the left, you see Alex Russo, wizard-in-training, and because she doesn’t take magic that seriously, she’s used miniature crystal balls as earrings. Around her neck is a scarf cut out from magic carpet fabric. She’s holding her travel-size spell book in one hand and her wand in another. She is standing on a magic carpet.
In the middle, as we all know, is Violet Parr, teenage superhero. She has her viel-like hairstyle and her mask and supersuit on, so we all recognize her. Around her neck is a sort of I.D. necklace (but not with her secret identity- with her super identity). She is slipping off this jacket to show her supersuit. She has a force field formulating in one hand, and she is standing firmly on the ground, slowly turning invisible as a preparation.
On the right, you’ll see Carmen Cortez, spy kid. She is supposedly older than the other two by a couple years, but I guess I drew her around the same age. Unlike the other two, she has to pack a lot of stuff. She’s wearing a helmet for protection and these raised sunglasses with spy technology in them. She has a watch on one hand that is loaded with gadgets, and even a little sattelite dish coming out of it for a signal. On her other hand is a rubber band (which you probably wouldn’t really understand what it’s for unless you’ve seen Spy Kids 2). She has this backpack with her brother’s robot bug R.A.L.P.H. on it. Her belt is also supposed to be full of hidden technology as well. Hanging on the side of her waist is this I.D. tag. She is flying on rocket shoes.

So…yeah. I’m glad you all liked it! More artwork coming soon!

Maybe you can give me a link to that crossover fanfic of yours? I’d search it if I can, but I’m far too lazy to do “thread-diving”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Certainly. viewtopic.php?t=3075&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Here’s a picture I drew while in the library.

And here’s another drawing with Violet quoting The Princess Diaries:

If Kari had found out Vi was a superhero (and if they were close enough friends for Kari to be safe and trusted with the secret), I imagine their conversation to be just like in The Princess Diaries. Kari would be shocked at Vi saying that she doesn’t want to be a super, and Kari would go like “But I want you to be…” and something like “I just found out my best friend’s a super hero…what more of a miracle do you want?” And Vi’s reply would be like in the illustration. :wink:

It’s weird, I thought I had way more fanartwork than this, but it seems that I can’t find some of them…

I really like your interpretation of the quote BDD. Really cool. THe artwork is simple yet I could feel the feeling that Vi was feeling when she said that.

Yes, I agree with TSS. I like your Princess Diary/Incredibles crossover. I don’t know whether Violet and Kari are friends, much less go to the same school, but it’s an interesting possible friendship that could be explored in fanfics and fanarts (such as this one! :slight_smile:)
I love your Eve drawing too! Nice you had different fonts for the initials. Eve’s head does look a bit big, but otherwise, it’s nicely drawn. Oh, and you spelled ‘evaluator’ wrong, by the way. :wink: