Pixar Planet

Violet's art work

Share your fan art from your favorite Pixar films and shorts here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Violet's art work

Postby Violet Parr » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:41 pm

OK, this is the official debut of my work. I hope you guys enjoy it :) .
Image I hope this works...
Great it went though!

Image Please, excuse the smudges. Apparently the scanner exaggerates everything. :roll:
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby The Star Swordsman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:27 pm

Dude, talk about a jaw-dropper. Violet looks so beauifully drawn. both pictures look realy cute. The first one is realy nice and the second one will get anyone squweeing. nice work. I can't wait to see more.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Violet Parr » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:41 pm

Thanks, TSS. That means a lot to me. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) I'll be posting more soon. I have a few others scanned, I just didn't want to post it all at once.
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Haunt » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:34 am

From one uber-Vi fan to another, I say well done!
I should hope there will be more of this, yes?
Haunt
Toy Collector

Postby Violet Parr » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:43 am

Yes, there will be. Thanks Haunt. :)
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby thedriveintheatre » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:07 am

Talk about a grand entrance! I can see who's your favourite Incredibles character, Violet Parr!

The first one looks good for a B&W sketch, but the only criticism I would give is that her body looks like it's, sorry if this sounds mean, chopped in half, by the seat rest (the position of her chest is off to the side of her waist, so maybe you can bring the two halves closer together to match her spine and so that they don't look 'staggered').

But I have no qualms about the second! I don't notice the smudges, for the pure awesomeness of it blinds me to them! :D I like the pose and how Violet is in Tony's arms and smiling. How romantic!

Oh, and I like how you did the 'gloss' in Violet and Tony's hair in both pics!

Keep up the good work, and never stop improving! I'd like to see you draw other Pixar characters, though I wouldn't mind more of Violet if that's what you're good at! ;)
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre

Postby bright dot-dasher » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:13 am

Really sweet artwork! The values and details in the first one wowed me, and the second one, even though I'm not that into Vi and Tony's relationship, looks superb and well drawn. You absolutely nailed the expressions. I also like how you put that glimmer of shine in Vi's hair. Lovely.
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby Pixfan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Great work violet parr!

Love how you've got so much detail in the first one, it not being colored sets the mood too. :wink:
The composition of the second one is great too!

Can't wait to see what else you've got in store. :-D)

:mrgreen:
One of the few FIRST members of Pixar Planet that still remembers their username and password ; )
Like my Sig? Here's More!! Some on every page (avatars too), enjoy! =]
Pixfan
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Halos Nach Tariff » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:22 pm

Wow, these are really good, I like the first one better but that's just because I prefer monochrome to colour. Still both pieces are excellent.
Halos Nach Tariff
Garbage Boy

Postby Violet Parr » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:23 pm

thedriveintheatre- Thanks :) ! I realise why you say that Violet's torso looks "cut-in-half." I see that now that you said something. I meant it to look like she was slumping a little, so it was kinda supposed to look like that. But I guess I could have rendered that better. Thanks for the advice :) . And I don't find your criticism offencive in any way. Constructive criticism is welcomed, and I'd be glad to hear any comments that you or any one else has to share.

bright dot-dasher- Yeah, I've always liked how the hair turned out. For some reason, I'm really good at rendering hair (not to toot my own horn) Thanks for the comment. :)

Pixfan- Thank you. Really cool of you to realise why I did it in black and white :wink: . I like doing a lot of detail in figures. The only really hard thing was the hands, because I usually stink at drawing hands, but this time it turned out pretty good. :)

Halos Nach Tariff- Glad you liked it :) And I know what you mean. Depending on what I'm doing, I also prefer black and white. I just thought that color was more appropriate for the second one, because it was a happier moment for her. Thank you for your comment.
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby lizardgirl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:33 pm

Those are both really good, violet parr! As the others have said, the shine of Violet's hair is gorgeous and her hands are lovely in the first one too. The second one is so sweet, and you've got some mean colouring skills! I'm looking forward to seeing your next pieces of art.
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby TAMATER » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:11 am

The first one is Great! :D Violet's face is so detailed, and it looks just like her! But honestly I really don't like the second one. Violet and Tony are both kind of Cheeky. no offense. :lol:
My name's Mater. Like Tamater. Without the Ta'!
TAMATER
Toy Collector

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:53 am

I think that the second one is very good violet parr. It looks really cute and romantic. If I was still in the process of making my Violet Parr: Invisible music video, I would use that pic in my video. Really nice, I wish to see more Vi/Tony artwork from you really soon.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Mitch » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:03 pm

violet parr - The way in which you handle shading is lovely -- I particularly like the shine in Violet's hair in the first composition... and the texture of the characters' clothes in the second. Such stark contrasts as Violet's dark hair amongst the tender gray background in the first drawing also make for a more interesting sketch visually. You definitely have an eye for rendering....

Very nice. Keep up the great work! ;)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby Violet Parr » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:39 pm

lizardgirl- Thanks. :) I've always wondered about my coloring. It always seems to come out grainy. That's what I like about black and white-- it tends to come out smoother. But in this picture it kind of helped with the texture of the clothes.

TAMATER- That's OK if you don't like the second one. Like I said, constructive criticism is welcomed. I'm glad you at least liked the first one. :) Thanks for commenting. :wink:

The Star Swordsman- Thanks again. :) And if you ever make another Viony vid, you can use it if you want. And I have two other really good ones of them that you'd REALLY like. I'll try to upload them as soon as I can.

Mitch- Thank you so much. Shading is probably my favorite thing to do with a drawing. I also love contrast. Like you said, it makes the picture more interesting to look at.

Alright, guys, here's your first update.

This one is a rendering of what I think Violet would look like at 16 years old.

This drawing is based on Dash's idea of Violet wearing a trench coat and fedora over her super suit. There are two versions of this, and I'd like to know which one you guys like better...

...version 1...

... or version 2.
P.S. Is that a fedora? If not, could someone, please, show me a picture of one?
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Next

Return to Fan Art