Pixar Planet

Violet's art work

Share your fan art from your favorite Pixar films and shorts here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:42 pm

I see that Violet has "developed" little bit since turning into the sweet 16 age. I think she could use a little work, on the face and body a bit, but pretty good job. I love Violet in the trench coat and fedora. Pretty sweet and unique.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Violet Parr » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:03 am

Thanks, TSS. Yeah, I made her look a little more "developed" simply because she reminds me of the type of girl who would go a long time without maturing physically (as she seems beyond her years mentally), and then when she hits 15, her body would mature A LOT really fast. And could you be a little more specific, please, as to what you mean by," I think she could use a little work, on the face and body a bit..."
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:05 am

Well, looking at it again, the back shoulder looks larger than the front. And her hard doesn't really look centered on her neck.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Violet Parr » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:13 am

Oh, yeah, I noticed that ,too. I thought you were going to say something about how her face doesn't look quite the same. Because I was trying to make her look older and more like her mom. Thanks, TSS :) !
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:15 am

You are welcome violet parr. I can't wait to see more from you.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Hannahmation » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:02 am

Great drawings of Violet! They are all nicely rendered and you do a great job shading! I like version 2 of Violet in a trench coat and fedora. Looks a lot cleaner without the lines in the paper. The only thing a little weird with that piece is her left arm. It's probably just because of the pose you drew her in, but it kind of feels like it is just floating there. Going with the pose you have, I think it may work better to have the arm slightly behind her rather than in front. When I do that pose, my left arm has the tendency to move with the direction my body is moving which to the left, away from the viewer. Other than that, it is nicely done! Keep it up! :D
Hannahmation
Supah Genius In-Training

Postby Pixfan » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:02 am

Nice work violet parr!

I must agree with Star Swordsman the anatomy bits could use some work, but if you practice enough that won't be a problem for long. One a better note the coloring is great! The use of highlights really make it stand out.

As far as the trench coat versions, I like the second one best because it seems more complete. :wink:

It's nice to see a different concept of an older Violet besides my own up here. :-D)

Keep it up!

:mrgreen:
One of the few FIRST members of Pixar Planet that still remembers their username and password ; )
Like my Sig? Here's More!! Some on every page (avatars too), enjoy! =]
Pixfan
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby bright dot-dasher » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:50 am

Wow, cool artwork! I like how you designed them. I love how the first piece has got Vi's face and pose saying expressing her confidence. Her position could use a little work, though. But nonetheless, it's quite amazing. I like how you did the coloring, also. Nice, bright, and balanced.

As for the trench coat styles, really neat work! It looks really good! Which one I like better, you ask? Hmm...I dunno, 'cause they look almost the same and appear to have only slight differences. I'm gonna go with the 2nd one because, as Pixfan said, it looks more complete.

You've got a talent for drawing your favorite Pixar character, violet parr! :D
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby lizardgirl » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:35 pm

That first coloured in one is really good! The bright colours and use of minimal shading works really well. Out of the next two, I prefer the second one because it looks a little cleaner and I prefer Violet's expression in that one, though both are very good. The way the material creases where one hand is gripping it has been done well, and the only critique I have of that one is perhaps her free hand needs a little work, as the forefinger looks a little wide, though that's only a minor thing. Well done, violet parr!
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby thedriveintheatre » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:34 am

Constructive criticism is welcomed, and I'd be glad to hear any comments that you or any one else has to share.

That's the spirit! :D I respect ya for that.

The first one looks great! I like the thunderbolt background, and her pose is pretty good. Maybe you can move her arms out a bit away from her body, cos they look like they're 'stuck' to her torso (unless you meant to depict her as being defensive, which is her nature).

I dunno about the two pics, I'll have to go contrary to what the others have said and vote for the first, because I'm more of a fan of sharply-defined lines and shading than the smooth one in the second. And I noticed the belt buckle in the first, and I like that attention to detail, so I'll have to go with the first. It would be better if you hadn't drawn it on an exercise book though... :)

Very nice work! I love the fedora and trenchcoat combo best, very 'detective'-style and all levels of coolness! 8)
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre

Postby Phileas » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:29 am

violet parr: Fedora/trenchcoat Violet is jaw-dropping! That is one sweet super chick drawing! Maybe it's because I have a thing for trenchcoats... but, wow. Keeping an eye on your work :)
Follow me & give me a shout on Twitter! @mr_poohbear
Phileas
Chief Operating Officer

Postby Mitch » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:55 pm

violet parr wrote:Mitch- Thank you so much. Shading is probably my favorite thing to do with a drawing. I also love contrast. Like you said, it makes the picture more interesting to look at.

You're most welcome! And, yeah, I also love to shade.

Those latest compositions of yours are awesome, especially the colored one. Violet in a trench coat is a pretty neat idea, as well. It seems to fit her personality....

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby Violet Parr » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:21 am

Thanks for all the comments, guys. :) Sorry I was gone so long. But, my aunt was in town and staying at my grandparrents house. So I was going back and forth between their place and our's. To make along story short, I was trying to spend time with my family, sleepping on every thing and any thing but a real bed, and finding out what happens when I (1.) don't get enough sleep, (2.) don't get enough privecy, and (3.) forget my The Incredibles DVD for the first time ever o_0;; I mean, I love my family, but 3 nights of sleeping on a *Lazzy Boy* recliner is enough. 4 was just insain! :~o ;-o :shake: (And if any of my family happens to be reading this, I realy do love you, but like all teenagers, I just need my space.)

ANY WAY... here's your next update.
This is kind of an old one but deffinately one of my favorites. (I coppied this from a book, so if it looks fammilier, that's why.)

Part one of a set of three.
I have one like this one Mr. Incredible, Dash, and Jack-Jack finnished and one of Frozone in the works.

Again, thanks for the comments! :D
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:18 am

Dude, what an amzing piece of artwork. You have got some serious coloring and drawing skills in you. The first one looks so solid. Violet looks so cute getting a pat on her shoulder by her dad. And the second one looks really incredible. Now that is girl power. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see more.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Hannahmation » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:29 am

Those are real cool! Great job on the anatomy and the coloring is wonderful! I like what you did with the black of the gloves and boots - makes them look shiny!
Hannahmation
Supah Genius In-Training

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art