Pixar Planet

Violet's art work

Share your fan art from your favorite Pixar films and shorts here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Mitch » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:17 am

violet parr - Lovely artwork! As The Star Swordsman stated, the first one does look very solidified, as if the characters have some weight to them. I also like the coloring in that Bob and Violet drawing. As for the second one, it's very cute! It's nice to see Violet smiling for once. ;)

Keep up the good work!

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby bright dot-dasher » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:50 pm

Very wonderful and unique artwork update, violet parr! I love how well the strong, bold coloring goes with the first one, and the lighter, shinier coloring fits with the second one. Their smiles are great, too! :D
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby Violet Parr » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:43 pm

The Star Swordsman- Thanks! Maybe we could see some of that Father/Daughter stuff in your next fanfic, hmm...? Your choice, just thought I'd put a bug in your ear :wink: . I just LOVE those cute Violet/Dad moments. :)

Hannahmation- Thanks. I think that the shine on the boots could have turned out a little better though. It seems a little abrupt to me. But thank you so much! :)

Mitch- Thank you. :) I also like the solid look of marker. But it tends not to shade as well, so I leave most of my work in pencil. But I really like the density of the color in the few things I do ink.

bright dot-dasher- I like how the smiles turned out, too. Tanks, BDD! :wink:

Oops... I almost forgot! Thanks thedriveintheatre. Yeah, I agree with you. I like the first one of Violet in the trench coat better. I was hoping you guys would excuse the writing paper and just look at the drawing. I think the second one doesn't really look like Violet. :? The face just ain't right.

Thanks for the comments, everybody! :D
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby The Star Swordsman » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:55 pm

violet parr: You are welcome.

And about using a father/daughter moment in one of my futre fanfics, I am way ahead of you. In fact, consider it finished and polished.

I can't wait to see more artwork from you.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Violet Parr » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:37 am

Ooh... juicy details, tell me more. :P
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby The Star Swordsman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:50 am

violet parr: off-topic: Well, Bob drives Violet over to Downtown Metroville so she can do some partoling, but before she goes, he gives her a long yet inspirational pep talk.
The Star Swordsman

Postby thedriveintheatre » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:57 pm

I like the Bob and Violet drawing! The colour markers really make the pic stand out, and it's a sweet father-daughter moment.

Helen and Violet also looks good, though either the colour pencils or the scanner makes the colour a little 'faded', but the drawing is as good as the first!

Maybe you can try more dynamic poses than the 'hand on the shoulder' of the last two pics. Maybe a 'fighting stance' next to Frozone, or cradling Jack Jack, or... pulling Dash's ear :D for the next few pics would be good.
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre

Postby lizardgirl » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Cool update, violet parr! I love the colours of the Bob and Violet piece, as they're strong and make the lineart stand out really well. Their anatomy is spot-on too. The shading in the Helen and Violet picture is really good, especially the shine on their boots and Violet's hair which makes it look really 3D, and my only critique would be that some of the finer details of the lineart such as the details of their faces don't stand out as much as they could. But I really like your style and you've certainly got some talent! I look forward to seeing your next pieces.
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Violet Parr » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:05 am

Thanks for all the comments, guys. Sorry it's been so long since my last update. As for your suggestions, I'm working on my first "Collete" drawing. I tried Remy, but after about 3 lines from my pencil, I realised it wasn't gonna be as easy as I thought. So I moved to something more familiar-- humans. And concerning the "more dynamic poses," I'm trying to think of something I can do, but I have to draw things as I think of them. Otherwise, they don't get done.

The Star Swordsman- COOL... can't wait to hear more about your new fanfic. :wink:

OK, here's your next update (finally *sighs*)
Yes, this pic is form The Incredibles comic book. I used to (and still do, sometimes) do a lot of --what would you call it?-- "copy rendering." So, again, if it looks familiar...

Tanks again for all the comments, you guys!
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Pixart » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:13 am

This is really good but i think you should erase the pencil lines and put in some more shading
I have seen UP 1,567 times
Pixart
Garbage Boy

Postby bright dot-dasher » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:06 am

violet parr: Great work!! I like the different tones of color that you pulled off well to make it look really complete.
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:20 am

Really Impressive work violet parr. I love it. It is so very colorful. That is what I like.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Violet Parr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks for the comments, Pixart, bright dot-dasher, and The Star Swordsman. :) I really appreciate it. :wink:
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby thedriveintheatre » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Nice shading! I wonder what scene that is from the comic book (I don't want to know though, in case somehow, some way or other, the book makes it to the shores of Down Under).
Some constructive criticism would be Violet's arms are too long and her gloves are missing from her costume.
But yeah, very colourful and a happy picture. Your best yet!
Can't wait to see Colette. And I get your "drawing in the moment" reason. Sometimes I just let lose and doodle too. Once you're confident with animals, do try Remy! :D
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre

Postby lizardgirl » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:13 pm

I'm loving the shading and colouring on your newest one, Violet Parr. You've included plenty of details that give the piece an added depth, and I love it when a picture fills a page like that. You could make the lines a bit more definite by going around them in ink, or if you'd rather not make the lineart too strong, perhaps rubbing out some of the pencil and letting the shading do the work for you might make the piece look more complete. But you've done really well with this one- in particular, I love the expression on Violet's face, I think you've got her spot on. :D
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art