Pixar Planet

Violet's art work

Share your fan art from your favorite Pixar films and shorts here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Violet Parr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:59 pm

thedriveintheatre- Thanks! :) Yeah, I have a bad habit of making her arms too long. (I'm trying to work on that. :wink: ) And, about the gloves going MIA-- I did that on purpose, because that's the way it was in the panel.

I wonder what scene that is from the comic book (I don't want to know though, in case somehow, some way or other, the book makes it to the shores of Down Under).

Well, (and there are NO SPOILERS and nothing that would ruin the story, so you can keep reading) It was from the comic based on the movie, not a new story. So, you could say it's actually a scene for the movie.

lizardgirl- Thanks for the comment :) ! And thanks for the advise. :wink:
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Violet Parr » Sat May 02, 2009 12:59 am

OK, guys, here's your next update. Sorry it took me so long.

This is actually a series of poster-sized pictures that I did bast on my favorite family of superheroes.
Enjoy! :)
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Phileas » Sat May 02, 2009 1:10 am

^^ We've got a troll, peoples. We need a report button.

It's lovely Vi. Is that texta (marker pen) you used for colouring? I might be mistaken, but regardless it's a good effect.
Follow me & give me a shout on Twitter! @mr_poohbear
Phileas
Chief Operating Officer

Postby Violet Parr » Sat May 02, 2009 1:27 am

robertA113- Sorry you didn't like it.

Phileas- Thanks. :) Yes, I did use marker for those. Good of you to notice. :wink: But they're kind of old, so they're not my best work; but I think they're pretty good. :) Thanks!
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Hannahmation » Sat May 02, 2009 1:50 am

Real cool, Violet! Especially considering they are poster sized! How long did it take you to do all of those?
Hannahmation
Supah Genius In-Training

Postby The Star Swordsman » Sat May 02, 2009 3:32 am

Violet: You wana know how good this is? Ill tell you that my jaw is still on the floor. Those look absolutely amazing. You continue to impress every time.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby bright dot-dasher » Sat May 02, 2009 6:29 am

Really excellent work, I gotta tell you. I love the boldness and that extra shine. You have wonderful artwork. Good for you for taking the time and patience to draw all of that- and poster-size too! Terrific artistic skills. :)
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby Violet Parr » Sat May 02, 2009 1:27 pm

Hannahmation- Tanks :) ! Well, it took me about 1 to 4 days a piece. Glad you liked it. :wink: Oh! And I'm still working on Colette!

The Star Swordsman- Well, you'd better scrape your jaw off the floor before you hurt yourself. :lol: Thanks! And I do have those Violet/ Tony images I told you about. I just have to get my Mom to scan them first.

bright dot-dasher- Thanks! :) And they're shinny because they're in frames. Thank you!

Thanks guys! Comments are welcome! And an update is coming soon. :)
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Mitch » Sat May 02, 2009 2:36 pm

Violet Parr - Quite a lovely batch of artwork you've cooked up recently! I love the grain-y effect of your rendition of that "Incredibles" comic book page, and your poster-sized compositions are awesome! I think that the one of Mr. Incredible is the best of the bunch. I'm uncertain as to whether or not you like critique, but... I think that more depth in the shading and tweaking of the Parrs' countenances (faces) to make them look more like the characters could be exercised. It's difficult to shade in marker, though, and you said that it's older work, so that's understandable. Overall, you've concocted some wonderful work! Keep it up! ;)

Violet Parr wrote:Mitch- Thank you. :) I also like the solid look of marker. But it tends not to shade as well, so I leave most of my work in pencil. But I really like the density of the color in the few things I do ink.

You're welcome. Yeah, markers can be tricky to work with, but you seem to handle them pretty well. You definitely have potential.

My apologies for not replying to your comment sooner. I've been busy.

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby Haunt » Sat May 02, 2009 6:02 pm

I give this a great big honkin' "Well Done"! These are awesome indeed. I love seeing such dedicated fan artists, especially for Incredibles.
Haunt
Toy Collector

Postby Pixfan » Sat May 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Great Work Violet!

Kudos to the awesome effort! (poster sized? :shock:). My favorite would have to be Mr. Incredible though, :wink:

Keep up the good work!

:mrgreen:
One of the few FIRST members of Pixar Planet that still remembers their username and password ; )
Like my Sig? Here's More!! Some on every page (avatars too), enjoy! =]
Pixfan
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby The Star Swordsman » Sat May 02, 2009 10:09 pm

I can't wait to see them Violet Parr. I get realy excited of this art thread the most.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby lennonluvr9 » Sun May 03, 2009 2:04 pm

Wow that must have taken a lot of work, undertaking 5 poster size drawings. And then coloring them! I've only done maybe 3, but not all at once. Kudos!
~Celeste~
"You would not believe what I've been through tonight!"

"That's what comes of teaching science by television" -Prof. Foot, Help!
lennonluvr9
Master Scarer

Postby lizardgirl » Sun May 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Those posters are awesome, Violet Parr! The way you've used quite simplistic designs for the characters and have put those markers to good use makes them really stand out. My favourite out of the lot has to be the one of Mr. Incredible, as his face is really spot-on and I like his pose. Good work!
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Violet Parr » Sun May 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Thanks for all the comments, guys :) ! Yeah, I agree with you guys, Mr. Incredible did turn out the best. I think with the rest of them, there was so much to them that (partly because they're poster sized) I lost some sense of anatomy and kind of messed up. Mr. "I" was just so simple though, I mean he's basically a giant body full of muscles-- fairly simple.

And you can criticize all you want, Mitch, as long as your nice and it has good intentions behind it. As I said before-- CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS WELCOMED!!!! I look forward to hearing what other people have to say because it gives me a chance to better myself. So, yeah, go ahead and speak your mind. :)

Colette is almost done! :D I also have a Pixar crossover coming up of two very lovable Pixar characters :) . But you have to guess who they are though....

Hint- They are both shy, sweet, and sometimes left cleaning up others garbage. (I hope I didn't give it away. :lol: )

Until I finish Colette and my crossover pic, here's the Violet/Tony pic I promised you, TSS. :) It's really, really old, so sorry if it's not as good as my more recent one. I'll get the other one up real soon. :wink:

Also, here's one of Violet (16 years old, again). The outfit is actually based on something I was wearing at the time.
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art