Pixar Planet

Violet's art work

Share your fan art from your favorite Pixar films and shorts here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Crazy Calico » Sun May 10, 2009 11:03 pm

Hmmm...your Violet pic....she looks a little distraught about something.
Crazy Calico
Ant

Postby HelloDolly114 » Sun May 10, 2009 11:14 pm

WOW!

Thos are really amaizing!

I especially love the one of violet and tony! :wink:

Keep up the great work!
"Its not flying, Its falling...with STYLE!"
HelloDolly114
Garbage Boy

Postby The Star Swordsman » Mon May 11, 2009 5:38 am

Violet Parr: You first pic, the one with Violet and Tony, reminds me of the last chapter of my TI: Syndrome's Return fanfic. In that chapter, I had Violet in her Super Suit kissing Tony. Really sweet. It looks so cute Violet Parr. I love it.

The second pic looks really nice. You did a nice job portraying Vi as a mature 16 year old young woman.

I am really impressed by your work Vi. You continue to amaze me with each drawing you post. Plase draw more Violet pictures.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Violet Parr » Wed May 13, 2009 1:37 am

Crazy Calico- Well... she's supposed to look like she's kinda surprised and intrigued at something (most likely something stupid Dash is doing :-\ :roll: ). Like= :shock: Thanks for the comment!

HelloDolly114- Thank you :) . Glad you liked it!

The Star Swordsman- Thanks! :) Yeah, I remember that scene. Very romantic. <3 Let's hope to see more of them in the future, since there was so little of them in the movie. And as for the Violet pics, I got plenty more where that came from. :wink:
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed May 13, 2009 1:38 am

Violet Parr: Just curious. After you read a chapter from my fanfic, do you start drawing what you picture in your head?
The Star Swordsman

Postby Violet Parr » Wed May 13, 2009 1:43 am

Actually, I drew that pic long before I even knew you existed! But I could do some concept art for your fanfic if you'd like. :) Just give me some time.
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed May 13, 2009 1:58 am

I would like to see some concept art, if you wish to accept the challenge Ms. Violet Parr. :wink:
The Star Swordsman

Postby Mitch » Wed May 13, 2009 2:29 am

Violet Parr wrote:And you can criticize all you want, Mitch, as long as your nice and it has good intentions behind it. As I said before-- CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS WELCOMED!!!! I look forward to hearing what other people have to say because it gives me a chance to better myself. So, yeah, go ahead and speak your mind. :)

Awesome. It's nice to know that you accept constructive criticism. :)

Your latest drawings are very cute. I particularly like the rendering job you did on your version of a sixteen year old Violet.

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby Violet Parr » Wed May 13, 2009 5:08 pm

The Star Swordsman- I'll see what I can do. :wink: Any particular scene you'd like me to start with, or should I just surprise you?

Mitch- Thanks. :) I also like the one of Violet at sixteen. But she looks kinda stiff to me. What do you think?
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed May 13, 2009 6:23 pm

Violet Parr: Do what ever you like. I was thinking if you want, you can go chapter by chapter chonilogically. but ultimatly, it is up to you.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Mitch » Wed May 13, 2009 8:04 pm

Violet Parr - You're welcome.

I think the stiffness is in Violet's arms -- they do look a bit straight. I'd suggest taking a picture of either yourself or a family member/friend with their arms crossed in a relaxed way... and then use that as a reference the next time you draw a character in that position. Either that, or you can just loosen the lines. One trick that my mom taught me is to refrain from drawing two parallel lines in a character's basic figure. For example, if you're drawing arms, have one side of the arm be straight and the other kind of curved. It makes the drawing look more interesting. There are probably some exceptions to this, but it's a good tip nonetheless. :)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby Violet Parr » Thu May 14, 2009 1:03 am

The Star Swordsman- Cool! :) I'll try to go chapter-by-chapter. But I still need to finish Colette and my crossover pic. So It'll be a little while.

Mitch- Thanks! :) Oh, yeah, I know that trick. I try to do that with most of my new pics. Sorry to make you wait for Colette. I've got this report do in two weeks, and my Mom's been pushing me (in a good way) to get it done. Yes, I said "my MOM." I'm home schooled.
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu May 14, 2009 2:27 am

Violet Parr: I really can't wait to see it. How many drawings are you going to do per chapter? I know some chapters have a lot of activity/action in it while others have not a lot.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Haunt » Thu May 14, 2009 3:20 am

As for crits, my observations have pretty much already been posted. Please keep posting your work. I enjoy it very much. You're one of the folks I'm keeping my eye on this summer. :wink:
Haunt
Toy Collector

Postby lizardgirl » Thu May 14, 2009 1:35 pm

Aww, that Violet and Tony picture is adorable! I love it! And it's also cool that Violet is wearing her supersuit so Tony can see her real identity. The little flick of Violet's leg is sweet, and Tony seems to be enjoying the kiss! I would say that Tony's head looks perhaps to be a bit of a funny shape, his eye tilted forward a bit too much, but aside from that it's a great picture.

I really like the shading of the second one, and Violet's face, proportionally and anatomically, has to be one of your best yet! No critique with this one, it's generally a really good piece! Well done, Violet Parr!
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art