Pixar Planet

Violet's art work

Share your fan art from your favorite Pixar films and shorts here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Violet Parr » Thu May 14, 2009 7:06 pm

The Star Swordsman- I don't know. It all depends on the chapter and what I get from it. I think the more action there is in a chapter, the more you'll be seeing.

Haunt- Great to know that you're enjoying my work. :wink: Looking forward to further reviews on my next batch.

lizardgirl- Thanks! :) Glad you liked it. I too noticed Tony's face is a little off. But like I said, it's really, really old work, like, from when the movie came out on DVD. So, yeah, he's not quite himself. You actually liked the thing I did with Violets leg?! I thought that might be a little cheesy. I mean, how many times do you see someone "pop their foot" during a kiss? Well, I guess it's kinda cute. Thanks for the comment!
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Mitch » Thu May 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Violet Parr wrote:Mitch- Thanks! :) Oh, yeah, I know that trick. I try to do that with most of my new pics. Sorry to make you wait for Colette. I've got this report do in two weeks, and my Mom's been pushing me (in a good way) to get it done. Yes, I said "my MOM." I'm home schooled.

You're welcome!

Ah! Ok. Cool. I wasn't sure if you knew that trick or not.

Don't worry about the Colette drawing. Take your time. Life and school are more important.

Nice to meet a fellow home-schooler, by the way. I was home-schooled all of my life until I got to college and, if you ask me, it's way better than public school.

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby Violet Parr » Sat May 16, 2009 1:33 am

NO WAY :D !!! You were home-schooled, too Mitch? Cool! Yeah, my Mom's been teaching me since- well, forever. I mean, at times I miss the activities and school dances and getting to see friends and all, but in the end, I think it's better she home-schooled me. Nice to meet someone else who's been home schooled. :)
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Violet Parr » Mon May 25, 2009 9:25 pm

Alright guys. Sorry for the long wait, but Colette is finally finished :D ! I know it's a bit smudgy around her head. Sorry for that.
Hope you guys like it :) !
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby yamfox » Mon May 25, 2009 9:31 pm

IT'S GREAT VI! I'm that a big fan of the pinkish/purple hair though... but that's not enough to stop it from being awesome!
CHOWDER WILL BITE YOUR FACE!
yamfox
Shark Bait

Postby Violet Parr » Mon May 25, 2009 11:08 pm

Thanks, yamfox :) ! It's great to have a new viewer. Welcome to the forums :) .
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby bright dot-dasher » Mon May 25, 2009 11:57 pm

Wow, Colette looks marvelous! Very well done, Violet Parr! I like how you did the different values/lighting of color on her. Everything about that illustration is really neat.
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby Violet Parr » Tue May 26, 2009 12:07 am

Thanks, BDD :) ! That means a lot to me.

*EDIT* Oh my gosh! I can't believe I did that! I put 08 for the date instead of 09! :oops: OOPS!
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby HelloDolly114 » Tue May 26, 2009 12:37 am

Great Job Violet Parr! I love how the shading is done! :D
"Its not flying, Its falling...with STYLE!"
HelloDolly114
Garbage Boy

Postby Haunt » Tue May 26, 2009 2:20 am

Holy snack packs Vi! That's outstanding! Truly! Looks fabulous.
Haunt
Toy Collector

Postby The Star Swordsman » Tue May 26, 2009 6:51 am

Violet Parr: I want you to come up with a list of every syllable for the word "stunnin", because I can not describe it in just one word. When I saw this picture, you just took my breath away. Collete looks really magnificent. I love it. You should be proud of it.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby lizardgirl » Tue May 26, 2009 9:41 am

Beautiful work there, Violet! That shading is awesome, especially on her white chef's jacket- you've got all the creases of the fabric just right! And the blue aura around her really completes the piece and makes her stand out. She's got a really beautiful smile on her face- definitely enjoying her cooking!- and the only, minor, critique I might have is that the shading on her face isn't quite as 3D as the rest of her. You've done really well with this one! You've got some skills! :D
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Mitch » Tue May 26, 2009 9:46 pm

Violet Parr - Holy smokes. Look at the rendering job on that thing! You even got her proportions correct to boot. Magnificent work! :D

Concerning the home-schooling deal: Cha, I kind of missed out on the social side of things, as well, but I concur in that I think it was the smarter way to go in many respects.

Violet Parr wrote:Oh my gosh! I can't believe I did that! I put 08 for the date instead of 09! :oops: OOPS!

Ha-ha! Goodness knows I've done that several times before. The years go by too fast. (snigger)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby thedriveintheatre » Wed May 27, 2009 3:07 am

Wow, those poster-sized pictures are massive! :shock: How many marker pens did you 'waste' doing that? :lol: I must say, I'm very impressed that you can manage large-scale artwork too!

The kissing pic with Violet popping her leg reminds me of a teen comedy... Princess Diaries or something... :?

The pic with Violet looking nervous is unsettling and creates the right amount of tension! Wonder what she's so worried about?

And last but not least, a Ratatouille pic! Yeah, you've tried something new! I love the Colette portrait! The best shaded pic from you yet! I like the way how you smudged the colours together... the name font is pretty cool too... very Miami art-deco-ish! This is my favourite work from you so far! :D
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Violet Parr » Wed May 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with the formatting on this page? It keeps getting wider.

HelloDolly114- Thanks :D ! Thank you for the comment.

Haunt- Thank you :D !

Holy snack packs!

That's a new one :lol: .

The Star Swordsman- :D Thanks! And I think you mean "synonym." But that's OK. Thanks! And do you seriously want me to do that?

lizardgirl- Thanks for the comment and critique :D . You really think I did well with the fabric? I was worried it turned out crappy. And the shading on her face, I noticed that too. It got a little messed up when I decided to take a white pencil to it to smooth it out. Thank you :) !

Mitch- Thanks, Mitch :D ! Glad you liked it. Her face doesn't look quite the same to me, though. What do you think?

Ha-ha! Goodness knows I've done that several times before. The years go by too fast. (snigger)

Tell me about it!

thedriveintheatre- Thanks :D !
Wow, those poster-sized pictures are massive! How many marker pens did you 'waste' doing that? I must say, I'm very impressed that you can manage large-scale artwork too!

Thanks. And don't bother asking how many markers I "wasted". I lost track. :lol:

The kissing pic with Violet popping her leg reminds me of a teen comedy... Princess Diaries or something...

Ha ha! That's where I got the idea!

The pic with Violet looking nervous is unsettling and creates the right amount of tension! Wonder what she's so worried about?

Not quite sure what she's staring at. Probably Dash doing something stupid. :roll:

And last but not least, a Ratatouille pic! Yeah, you've tried something new! I love the Colette portrait! The best shaded pic from you yet! I like the way how you smudged the colours together... the name font is pretty cool too... very Miami art-deco-ish! This is my favourite work from you so far!

Thanks! It took me a while, but, there it is! Glad you liked it :) .

Thanks for the comments everybody :) ! Update coming soon!
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art