Hannahmation's Sketches

So after quite a hiatus with my sketchbook, you guys have inspired me to start sketching some Pixar characters! For as a big of Pixar fan as I am, I’m surprised I haven’t done it sooner!

Here’s a couple quick sketches:

these are really good sketches! Maybe you should work on one that takes a long time, to put all of your effort into it! I don’t reall know though. :wink:

Hey, they look neat! They look really like the characters! I like how Carl’s the only one with a kinda grim expression.

Cool sketches, Hannahmation. I especially like Carl and Remy.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

soue1313: I personally like to do just quick sketches, but I’m always open to doing longer ones.

Nice sketches, Hannahmation! Kevin looks sweet, and although Carl seems to be a really difficult character to pull off in a quick sketch, I think you’ve managed well- his square jaw looks just right.

Good sketches Hannahmation. You have really drew them all really nicely. You make me jealous because it is 100 times better than what I’ll ever do. Oh well. Keep it up. I can’t wait to see more.

Cute sketches, Hannahmation! I particularly like how you draw Carl – you captured his personality perfectly. I think that Remy’s arm could use a little tweaking anatomically, but, other than that, nice work! Keep it up. :wink:

– Mitch

Thanks everyone! I’m a bit surprised that a lot of you like Carl. I got frustrated with him and, as you can see, didn’t finish his body! Although, I suppose the hardest part was his head… So I appreciate the compliments!

Mitch: Thanks for the feedback on Remy! Much appreciated!

TSS: Thanks so much! I’d like to see some of your sketches before I even consider accepting that mine are 100 times better! I honestly don’t think mine are. I’m not that good!

It’s a long time coming, Hannahmation! Not bad for a debut!

I like your drawing of Kevin best, she looks like she’s reaching over to pick Carl up by his collar!

You’ll probably need to work on Carl’s posture and finish his legs and hands… his head looks too ‘sunken’ into his torso and his shoulders are too high, I mean, I know he has a slight hunch, but you could tweak his head to sit a little higher on his shoulders a bit… :slight_smile:

I like your Linguini pic! You captured his goofy grin perfectly!

And Remy looks like he’s smiling at Linguini. I like that guideline of his head and torso, it’s shaped like an eggplant, come to think of it…

TSS - Don’t be too hard on yourself. :wink: I’d love to see you draw some Incredibles pics! Maybe I should give a go at this sketching thing myself come to think of it…

Hannahmation - You’re welcome! I look forward to viewing your next creations! :wink:

– Mitch

Time to break this long hiatus! Here’s an image of a quick sketch I did of Mike. As you can see, he has no feet. I got frustrated and never went back to finish. :laughing:

And just so I can keep all my Pixar art work together, this is the sketch for the Beach Fun Art Jam… which is also in the Art Jamz thread.

Hannahmation - Nice work on Mike Wazowski! I’m sure Pete Docter would love it. And your Russell drawing is adorable! The style, theme, and simple color palette reminds me of that which I used to admire in the “Bitty Bear” mini-books that came along with certain “Bitty Baby” collections (I’m uncertain as to whether or not you’ve ever heard of those). Additionally, I like how you drew the whispy clouds – they look like balloon strings. Nice work! :smiley:

– Mitch

Nice Mike sketch :slight_smile:
Whoa, amazing work of art for Russel on the beach. You’ve definitely got his happy, excited, enthusiastic personality captured there. Really great job.

Thank you, Mitch! Maybe I should’ve sent a sketch of Mike to Pete Docter when I sent his ‘thank you’ card. Oh well. Nope, never heard of “Bitty Baby” and “Bitty Bear”. Might have to go look it up now!

Actually, those were supposed to be waves. :laughing: Perspective’s off so it does look like the sky. And balloon string clouds would be quite fitting.

BDD: Thanks! :smiley: I think I have caught Mitch’s Russell obsession. There will more than likely be more Russell sketches coming…

Oooh, Mike and Russell looks really, really well drawn. Really cool. I love it. Nice work Hannahmation.

That’s a really good sketch of Mike, Hannahmation! It’s difficult to get his proportions right because he naturally seems out of proportion, but you manage it just fine. :smiley: And I love that beach sketch of Russell! The colouring is really simple but it works, and adds to the summery theme. Russell looks like he’s having a really good time!

Hannahmation - You’re welcome! And, yes, you should have sent him a sketch. Maybe next time. :smiley:

Here is some information on the “Bitty Baby” dolls that I was talking about:

Bitty Baby

It’s an “American Girl” brand that’s quite popular here in the U.S. I used to be rather obsessed with them when I was a kid, actually…

Oh, pfff. Ha-ha! Sorry about that. I’m so stupid. I can see them as waves now. (snigger)

– Mitch

TSS: Thanks! :smiley:

lizardgirl: Thank you! Yeah, it took a bit to get Mike looking right. He’s circular, but yet not quite. Strange little man. :laughing: And as far as Russell is concerned, I had fun making him and enjoy doing the simple coloring. I spend so much time being nit-picky with my animations, that it’s nice to just throw in simple things every now and then!

Mitch: Yes, for sure next time I’ll him one! Thanks for the link. I’ve heard of American Girl, but never got big on it which is probably why I didn’t hear of Bitty Baby. I was too much of a tom boy when I was younger, still am a bit actually. And don’t worry about it! I can see how you though it was the sky. I’m going to pretend it was originally meant to be a bit ambiguous. :wink:

Hannahmation - You’re most welcome. I’ve always been a tomboy myself, so I’m with you in that respect – Bitty Baby just happened to be one of those rare exceptions where I actually played with a doll; even so, I was never much of an American Girl fan myself.

Heheh. Ambiguity it is. :wink:

– Mitch