ffdude1906's art

Well, you guys are the lucky ones that get to see my first exploits on my quest for Pixar! All my upcoming art’s gonna go here. Hope you guys like it!

Now, I’ve decided my first big piece of fan art is gonna be that shot of the tepui mountains, with Carl’s house floating towards the bottom. I’ve only gotten the house so far, and it’s coming along nicely. The balloons are pretty awesome looking, but they’re too circular. The strings could use some improvement (they’re REALLY long :\ ), and the house itself is WAY too simple at the moment. I did it pixel-by-pixel and tried adding some lighting effects, but it hasn’t helped much. I’ll probably just end up getting some filters at some point.

Keep in mind, I’ve had Photoshop for less than a week, so bear with me.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I’m planning on detailing this still, this is what I’ve come up with after about 5-6 hours of Photoshop experience.

Please comment! :smiley:

Aww, Carl’s house looks really sweet! I don’t do digital art whatsoever, so what you’ve done so far surpasses anything I could do a million times over. I think considering the size of the house, it doesn’t look too simple- actually, I think you’ve managed to squeeze in quite a bit of detail there. I agree that the balloons look a bit too circular but I like their colouration and the lighting that really makes them stand out and look 3D-ish.

I look forward to seeing more of this piece! You’ve got quite a unique style and way of creating your art so I’m sure the finished thing will look spectacular. :smiley:

like i said before, and younger Grandpa said: awesum!!!

Very cool, ffdude1906 :slight_smile: ! For not having much experience, you’re doing pretty freaking AWESOME!!! Though still fairly simple, it does have a certain amount of detail, especially in the balloons. There’s still a lot to be done, but it looks INCREDIBLE so far :slight_smile: ! Can’t wait to see what you’ll do with it next! Keep UP the great work :wink: !

Thanks a lot guys, It’s nice to know I’m doing well with such lack of experience! :smiley: I was feeling pretty good about those balloons.

I’ve got a basic outline of the tepuis, but i have NO IDEA how I’m gonna detail them, as well as the forest below. I’ve got some tough stuff ahead of me. I’ll need to talk to my friends for some tips on what to do. Wish me luck!

the sig: niceeeeeeeeeeee…

Yeah It’s a placeholder for now, until I can find one for the line I want (I want a pic from [spoil] when they first start pulling the house, and Carl says “Now, we’re gonna walk to the falls quickly and quietly, with no rap music or flash dancing.” I wanna use that line[/spoil] :smiley: ) Once the movie hits DVD, (or I can find good quality caps) I’m gonna make a CRAPLOAD of sigs for whoever wants them (like, at least one per scene, seriously). I’ll be the go-to-guy for Up sigs if anyone needs any! :stuck_out_tongue:

As for my progress on the pic, I messed with the strings a bit, and they look a bit better now, but I haven’t done much else. I’ll get to it eventually, I need to mess with more stuff before I can really start working on it with any sort of progress.

haha…nice…you’ll have to wait at least 3 months to do the next sig…haha…lol :smiley:

:frowning: Yeah, I know. Any idea when it will come out? Wall•E came out generally the same time, and came out in November, and I REALLY don’t wanna wait that long. I hope the features on it are as substantial as Wall•E’s, or moreso.

Don’t run this convo too long, this is my art topic, I wanna keep it focused :stuck_out_tongue:

no idea yet, but don’t worry PP will inform us eventually. :smiley:

I think I’m gonna start work on my contest entry for Up. I’m also wanting to make a picture for Ed for if I get to meet him one day. :smiley: I’ll be posting some stuff here soon, I haven’t really been working on much lately. (bah, lazy me)

Ok, so I started drawing Carl earlier tonight, and was hoping what I got would RESEMBLE Carl. Up until now, I thought I was an abysmal artist.

Miracles happen people, they really do.

What I’ve got so far is the most miraculous piece of art I’ve ever been a part of making. This doesn’t resemble Carl, this IS Carl!

I was excited when I drew his hand well! then, it started growing,…

I ended up with this, and thought the face was gonna be terrible. I was really super happy about the ear and nose though

This is relatively an hour and a half of work. This is at about 3:30 a.m. (2 hours ago)

So at this point, I’m going, holy crap! Where did this come from!?
So I keep drawing.

and drawing

and spazzing

and screaming

and freaking out

Miracles happen people, and apparently BIG ONES happen to me.

This is my current state of the project. 3 and a half of the last hours of my life has culminated into this creation.

Seriously, what the heck is happening to me. No one on this green earth could have convinced me that I was capable of producing this picture. NO ONE. God really loves me tonight.

I’ve been looking at a still from the trailer for reference, and good lord, it’s doing wonders. This is by FAR the single most amazing thing I’ve ever drawn. PERIOD.

I’m feeling really blessed right now. :smiley:

God was watching me tonight. Seriously.

I have NO CLUE where this came from. I’m in awe about myself right now. Something big happened tonight guys, this is INSANE.

I’m totally giving props to God for this. No joke.

I’m gonna try to get this scanned, so you can see all the stuff I did.

Wow.

Just, wow.

Well it’s looking very good so far! It looks just like him.

And that, my friends, is the joy of art. You never know what you can achieve unless you try. :wink:
Are ya gonna colour it in, ffdude1906?

I’m really afraid to, and my handle on colors is really weak, so not really. It was already a fluke in the first place, I’ll stay in the safe zone while I’m ahead. I’m framin this puppy! :smiley:

I’d start working on more, but I gotta help my mom straighten up the house, cuz I gots a marathon to host tomorrow! I’ll post later when I start another project. :smiley:

That house looks really neat, I could probably never do anything with pixels and actually make it look like something. 8C And seriously, this may be one of your best drawings of Carl [i:24bscakb]yet[/i:24bscakb], but you honestly never know what you’ll be drawing a year from now! I’ve literally seen that happen before my eyes over the past year; and trust me, it’s really a surreal experience! Keep it up and God will continue to work wonders through your hands!!!

[quote="ffdude1906":24bscakb]Once the movie hits DVD, (or I can find good quality caps) I’m gonna make a CRAPLOAD of sigs for whoever wants them (like, at least one per scene, seriously). I’ll be the go-to-guy for Up sigs if anyone needs any! :P[/quote:24bscakb]

:-\ Oh-ho-ho, reeeeally? Heh, well the competition will be on, then!!! :lol: Haha...

[b:24bscakb]little chef[/b:24bscakb]

That really does look just like him! And Carl seems to notoriously be one of the most difficult Up characters to draw. Well done, ffdude1906! :smiley:

Thanks for the insightful words little_chef, that really helps. Ever since I saw Up for the first time, things in my life have taken a really drastic turn for the better. I feel like I’m being pointed in a different direction with my life, and it’s really amazing how much more positive I’ve been about everything. It’s kinda hard to explain, but Up’s basically changed my life. It’s brought things out in me I’ve never seen before (like this).

lizardgirl, you’d think he would be with all the oddly shaped features, but I found it to be much easier than drawing a normal person. Then again, if you’re used to drawing normally shaped people or characters, it might be different. The hardest part was his hands and hair, but his hair was also the most fun, and it was really amazing watching it develop while working on it. I was surprising the heck out of myself with it, it was really amazing.

and btw, I think Carl’s hair is awesome, as well as his nose (in general, not just in the drawing) :stuck_out_tongue:

Nicely done, ffdude1906! Carl looks great! If you are afraid to color him, you could always try coloring him on the computer that way you won’t have to worry about messing up your nice line art. :slight_smile: