Toy Story 3 Posters

Just thought it would be interesting to have a thread for anyone that participated - or wanted to participate - in Lee’s TS3 poster contest. Please feel free to post your poster:

On twitter:
[url]Twitpic

Alas, I was gonna start mine, but he ended it RIGHT when I decided to start. Grr,…

Excellent job by the way, it looks really great! Did you get to submit it?

No, I was too late for the contest. Why don’t you finish your idea and post it? Sounds like you had some good ideas brewing.

Might just do that tomorrow. 3:40 am at the moment, I think I’m gonna head for bed. I need to do some drawing at some point soon, it should be good for me. :slight_smile:

I did this one as more of a joke. One that would fly over the casual movie goer’s head. And it was really a rush job.

Twitter link twitpic.com/mao68 .

Was going to do a serious one (since he said you could enter as many times as you like), until he ended it prematurely. I wonder why he did that…my guess is Disney had legal concerns, soliciting ideas can lead to problems. The winner might end up asking for money and credit and whatnot to something they don’t hold the rights to.

Oh well.

I have a question, I got a direct message from Lee asking for my address and which poster I’d like. I assume all submitters received this? I’m confused as to what he wants though. Am I supposed to be picking who I’d like to win, and he’ll send me a poster of the real thing? do I just pick mine? Or am I allowed to pick any of the official posters just for participating?

I asked him in a reply, but it might be a while before I get a response.

Kyle: No, you WON! He wants you to pick which official TS3 poster you want sent to you.

Anywho, I was working on one with Zurg’s “Zurg Vision” looking at the 3, but the contest ended before I could finish it. I might just wrap it up for the heck of it.

What? You sure? he did say he would “make it up to you guys” for ending the contest early, so I figured maybe he was just sending these out to all submitters. all I need to hear is that someone on this board submitted one, and didnt get their direct message.

If I won its kind of crazy, the green aliens one blew mine away. not just in polish, but the idea itself. mine would never fly in the real world. but I guess if it made him laugh that was all it took?

shrug

Now Im trying to decide which poster I want…
(He did answer back, saying I had my pick of any of the official posters)

Kyle: It’d be a pretty lame way to make it up to us, considering the people who are upset about this are the people who didn’t get to submit their poster in the first place. So, I’d have to assume that you won. As far as I know, nobody else on this board submitted something on time, so you should try to contact anybody who submitted a poster via Twitter.

Congratulations Kyle - nice work!

Bryko614, are you planning to finish your poster? You should give it a shot and I’m sure it’ll turn out very nice. I understand the frustration but if we can relax, thank Lee for the poster suggestion and for his time, I’m sure that would be appreciated. It’s the thought that counts, and the contest was just for fun.

I’m 90% sure I’m gonna wrap it up anyway, since I was almost finished with it beforehand.

I got a reply also twitpic.com/mawe1 mine was of bullseye

Ah ha, so I didn’t win. Seems like everyone who entered will get a poster. I’m still trying to decide which one. So hard to pick.

Well, he cut the contest off RIGHT before I started my entry, but I DON’T CARE! Whipped this up tonight anyway. I’m gonna do another one as well, I have another idea for Bullseye.

twitpic.com/mga79

Interesting fact: This is the first drawing I’ve not tried to duplicate perfectly, I completely redid his front legs for the concept. Turned out nicely methinks. :smiley:

If I may, his front legs seem kinda short/stubby compared to his back ones.

Nice ffdude1906! This is one of my favorites! Great stuff~

Another poster idea but the execution needed more time in the oven - so to speak. Anyways, had fun drawing the TS characters:

wasnt sure where to post this, but I might as well do it here.

I got my autographed poster in today.