EVE blimp

I didn’t design this this, but I know the person who did and they are a fantastic builder.
This design comes straight from the wall-ebuilders.com It’s an idea one of our builders had for a remotely controlled flying EVE airship.

I think it looks really cool, but it will look even more amazing when it’s actually finished.[/img]

Neat, but wouldn’t the cavity in EVE’s shoulders bounce the wind off and cause the vehicle to go DOWN instead? I mean, I’m not a builder or anything. Just wondering. ^^;

Well, it’s just a primary design sketch. I’m guessing that he’ll probably rework the wings to be simple rudders for her without motors. The main motors will probably be in her head and on her body. I’m getting his permission so I can be able to work on it as well.

Neat concept! What are the dimensions going to be, that is, how big will this end up being when it’s finished?

little chef

Not quite sure how big yet. Regular remote control blimps are around 51cm by 1 meter. I guess it really depends on how much white mylar material we can get.

I want one! Hha

I would love to fly in that! :smiley:

Sings Spirit of Adventure theme

UPDATE: I’ve actually been working on my own EVE build very recently, in preparation for DIY PIXAR’s Maker Faire 2010 showcase. I started by taking a paper model I found on Paper-replika.com and then expanding it 350% and then making it from mylar.

Here’s some pics of the prototype paper model:

Even though I haven’t posted pics of the arms, the paper prototype is fully finished now. I’ll post more pics extremely soon.

She’s set at a slightly smaller scale at around a foot and and 8 inches high. I’m currently cutting out the pieces out of mylar from balloons and then going to blow it up with helium. If it doesn’t fly, I can always pass it off as an inflatable.

Very impressive, Pixar Builder! Can’t wait to see if the completed product can fly! :slight_smile:

Oh, and love the Etch-and-Sketch, used to own one as a kid, not to mention it’s a character in Toy Story. :wink:

Oh yeah, I love the Etch A Sketch as well! It’s the only drawing medium that I’m actually good at (I’m even better on one than freehand). I have a whole collection on my flickr site @[url]http://www.flickr.com/mattoons[/url] devoted entirely to Etch A Sketches even.