Drawntothemagic [A Gallery By DPA113]

Hey all :slight_smile: Just thought I’d start a gallery here. I hope you enjoy my art. I don’t have a ton of time to draw, with school and whatnot, but I’m looking forward to summer for some more time and opportunities to do so…especially once Toy Story 3 has premiered!

I love drawing, especially Disney and Pixar characters. I find Pixar characters to be more challenging than others, because they are completely 3 dimensional. I guess it leaves a lot up to the artist to determine where the lines go…so bear with me if the characters don’t look spot on! :slight_smile:

Well, here goes. I hope you enjoy.

I felt inspired after seeing the Toy Story 3 poster. I made a few adjustments…

it’s not 100% done yet…it will be soon! :slight_smile: enjoy

Not bad! I love the sketch of the TS3 poster. it must’ve taken you a long time to do it huh? really cool.

I can’t wait to see more artwork from you.

Ha, noticed you added the Totoro doll and Bo Peep (seriously, how could Pixar have forgotted them?). I don’t have much criticism at the moment, so I’ll wait till you ink and colour it before I say anything…
Well, okay, it looks great at the moment! :slight_smile:

I agree with thedriveintheatre, your version of the poster looks great so far, DPA113! Looking forward to seeing this one coloured in.

If you color this in, will it be traditionally with crayons/markers, or digitally on the computer?

Well, not sure how to color it…I think I might try both, (i just won photoshop in a contest and am rather curious to see how it works) but I’ll try both I think. It may be a while until I have it done, but I’ll definitely post it! :slight_smile: thanks for comments! Y’all rock

DPA113: Nice job! :wink: I tried doing something like that with all of my original characters, but it kinda flopped 'cuz I didn’t have the patience to plan out where they’d all fit and make it work. :laughing: Kudos to you for getting so many characters in there and adding so much detail at the same time! claps

Photoshop is amazing - I really don’t know how I did digital artwork without it. If you have a graphics tablet you can take even more advantage of Photoshop’s amazing features. Even without one, I’m sure it can still work wonders (I’d read up on the Pen Tool if I were you - you can get some sick linework outta that tool using the mouse only :wink:). I’m looking forward also to seeing this piece finished, whether traditionally or digitally! :slight_smile: Good job!

little chef

Not bad! That mustve been no easy task. I’m interested to see what it’ll look like when it’s colored

Thanks so much guys! 4 of the characters are done (in colored pencil) already! :slight_smile:

Does anyone have a scanner of choice they recommend? my (all in one printer) is from 2003 and frankly doesn’t scan well. If you have one you love or that works, I’m all ears! :slight_smile: thanks so much guys. new sketch tonight

Tonight I decided to try something new. I borrowed my sister’s tablet and tried my hand in photoshop. This is my first (ever) digital drawing. I like how it turned out. not perfect, but hey, I’m a noob at it. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is my second [Ever] digital drawing, and is totally unfinished. I thought I’d do an anatomy study on the Toy Story gang, and this is what I got so far. :slight_smile: I actually really like drawing in photoshop, but it’s about as foreign to me as drawing with my off hand. Can’t wait to learn more though. Step 2? Coloring

If anyone has any advice for someone completely new to digital art, I’m all ears