(3D Fan-art) High-School Design Student

Hello!

I’m Ryan and I’ve been an (almost lifelong) fan of Pixar! I’m currently finishing my High School career (I’m 17) and am interested in a career in animation and (gasp) maybe I’ll even get to work at Pixar?

I’ve recently decided to teach myself some of the whole 3D Modeling thing and here’s what I’ve come up with! (Don’t be too hard on me^^)

I’ve always had an obsession with Wall-E, seeing as I’m more of the quiet introvert myself. I express myself through writing and the little bits of art that I like to spend my time doing :slight_smile:

Let me know what you think! Constructive criticism is good too :slight_smile:
Or, check out my other stuff at www.visitryan.com

Ryan

Hey, not bad. Not bad at all. I like them. Welcome to the forums. :smiley:

And maybe you could also introduce yourself here:

pixarplanet.com/forums/viewt … highlight=

I’m impressed! The worn texture on the robots very closely resembles what’s seen in the movie, it’s got your own personal touch to it, as well. Welcome to the forums! :smiley:

Wow! That’s pretty cool!

And welcome to the boards, Renesmee!

That is mighty impressive! Did you create those textures? And who’s the ‘7’ robot in the second picture?

Thanks guys for the comments :slight_smile:
Glad you guys like it!

@ thedriveintheatre: Hmm, what do you mean by “create those textures”? I most definitely didn’t draw out those floor tiles from scratch! D: (I wish). The “7 Robot” is just another character I created using Eve as inspiration, I tried to achieve a more squared out “manly” version^^ What do you think of it?

‘7’ looks okay. I hope he’s not a competitor to Wall-E for Eve’s affections! :wink:

What I meant to say was, did you photograph those textures? You know, cos’ I usually cheat when I’m texturing 3D models and just download from dA and Google, so I’m just wondering whether you photographed those textures yourself. :slight_smile:

Well its a a legitimate question. If I were to take on something like this I would have done it from scratch. I have a this thing where I don’t borrow textures unless absolutely necessary. in most cases textures can be replicated. maybe not exact, but very close. I know exactly how I would go about creating that floor here too. use filter>offset to help you create a tillable texture in photoshop. you don’t need to paint every brick, just enough to make it tile seamlessly. The more bricks you start out with the less likely you’ll notice repetition.

Anyway, nice work, if a bit simplified. I would try to add more detail. and maybe work on proportions a bit more. I see the treads are also a bit too sharp. they need to be rounded more, at the moment they look like skateboard ramps, too pointed.