MissCarrera's Gallery

This is a thread showcasing all my Pixar fan stuff like writing, doodles and graphics. I’m a pretty shy person when it comes to showing my work but I am open to all respectful comments and feedback to improve (particularly when it comes to writing). I’ll warn you now, most of my fan things will be related to Cars. So I’m going to start by giving you the link to my fan fiction “Personal Affairs” viewable right here on Pixar Planet, just click the link… viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8251
I worked really hard on it and I appreciate every reader.

The second thing I want to show you is a poem I wrote about Pixar Planet…
This poem is dedicated to all the wonderful members and staff of Pixar Planet

A Pixar Planet Summer

At last, it’s here!
Summer time in the air
For some it’s begun
And for others it’s just started

The freedom has arrived
As the ball and chain’s broken
The ball of school long lost
And the chain of homework broken

More members flood in
Lovers re-unite
Friendships grow strong
The atmosphere thrives

Longer days, later nights
Unable to sleep
Our hearts beat a bit faster
With the thrill of excitement

We’re over the hill
Now just around the bend
The approach of more Pixar
A glorious new film

Could it get any better?
Of course it can!
Summer brings more
Than the hot blazing sun

It brings more extra time
For the students of all schools
Setting fire to a site
Where fans can rejoice

So when it’s too hot to move
It doesn’t matter where you’re from
One place that’s always cool
It’s called Pixar Planet dot com

Let me know what you think of it. :mrgreen:

I love your poem!! It’s wonderful. :smiley: I’m glad Pixar Planet means that much to you.

This was my favorite part!

I love your poem, and how much you love Pixar Planet! We’re lucky to have members like you!

I love the poem! Now it can be our Pixar Planet summertime national anthem or something :smiley: Really, it was great. It’s great to see how much you love it here :smiley:

:smiley: Thanks everybody. I may be coming off as slightly obsessed with the site but I’m not, I just really like it here and it sparked some inspiration. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m thinking of writing a piece (not an entire story) on Flo but I need some ideas for her last name…any suggestions? I’m horrible at devising surnames!

I don’t think it’s obsessive! And it sounds like you like Pixar and PP just as much as the rest of us, don’t worry! Whatever makes you happy! :smiley:

Hmmm, well are you talking of her maiden name or name after she married Ramon? Ramon comes off me as a Latino, she perhaps she took on a Spanish surname from him?

Hahaha OK. I’m looking for something to be her maiden name. I need something fitting to go along with “Florence”. In the piece I’m writing I want that to be her full first name but everybody just calls her Flo. I got that idea from one of my favourite books but I’m stuck for a last name.

Oh, alright! Well, I have a great website for you. Behindthesurname. It contains many surnames, including their orgins and meanings. It’s fun to look through it!

surnames.behindthename.com/

There is also a similar site for firstnames.

Wow! That’s excellent! Thanks so much! I will have a look at it for sure. :smiley:

No problemo! Can’t wait to see what name you choose!

Great poem, MissCarrera! My favorite verse is the last one, with “Pixar Planet dot com”. :sunglasses:

Have you decided Flo’s name yet? If not, how about Florence Arielii? Or Florence Veraina? Not sure if they match up with her background, but I think they sound nice. :slight_smile: :wink:

Thanks so much for checking out my work! Hahaha, I think that’s one of my favourite verses too. I took a look at the site that eje mentioned but it was so hard to pick. But I really like Florence Veraina, that’s pretty! I’ve put the Flo written piece on hold right now because I’m busy with my fan fic and I kind of hit a writer’s block with it. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m definetely gonna do it though when I get some more inspiration and I think I’ll use your last name suggestion! I might post a picture of a Sally doodle I did a while ago on here soon, I just need to get it coloured.

I finally got around to finishing my Sally drawing. I just followed an online tutorial to draw it and trust me, I’m no artist! I just thought it was kind of cute so I decided to share it. The colour didn’t turn out so good in the photo but I tried my best. I just added a simple border around the outside to pretty-fy it. :stuck_out_tongue: Here it is!

That’s great, MissCarrera! :slight_smile:

I like your drawing. It’s cute!

Thanks! I thought it was cute too, not amazing or anything just a cute little doodle. :slight_smile:

Hey, that’s actually pretty good! A bit distorted, perhaps, but Sally’s a hard character to draw precisely, with all those curves and everything. :wink:

Haha! Distorted is right! She was on kind of a weird angle. :stuck_out_tongue: I didn’t find Sally too hard to draw, I’m attempting McQueen and since his shape isn’t as defined it’s more difficult.

Lightning McQueen… I could actually draw him pretty well back when the first movie came out. I used to trace him off of the cereal and Pop-Tart boxes. 8D

LOL! I wish I had tried that! A couple years ago I did a large drawing of cruising McQueen which was a combination of tracing the outline from my poster and then my own freehand. It was so big it is two pieces of paper taped together in a landscape format. 8D I used to have it stuck to my wall but maybe I should post a pic of it on here sometime?