Pixar Planet

Art of SallyMcQueen

Share your fan art from your favorite Pixar films and shorts here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Art of SallyMcQueen

Postby SallyMcQueen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:43 am

*waves hand sheepishly* Hi. Most of you know me on here; obsessive Cars fan and Lightning/Sally shipper, ring a bell? But what most of you don't know is that I'm also an artist. Well, I wouldn't say 'artist' per say, but..I draw. And color! So here is where I will be showing my artwork to all of you! I hope you enjoy them! :D No flaming or bashing- I don't care for it. :-\ All of these are freehand unless I mention they aren't.

My mother's birthday present from me. 'Happy Birthday' in rainbow Walt Disney font and featuring all her favorite characters- Mickey Mouse, Lightning McQueen (is part tracing because it's super hard to draw an animated car, let me tell you), Tarzan, Tigger, Jasmine, Aladdin, Pocahontas and Jafar. :D

A humanized version of Lightning and Sally. I'm in love with mostly everything in this drawing but I love how Sally's eye shape and eye color turned out the most. And this is a very special drawing because it is the first time ever that I have drawn a male without a reference and completely freehand and it came out NOT looking like a potato with a sombrero! 8D

I will be adding more as I finish them. They will most likely be humanized Cars drawings- that seems to be what I'm into drawing the most now. Thanks for checking it out, leave a comment please! :D
~Check out my Pixar artwork~
~Team Sally~
I'm a Pixarteer!

Fanfiction: After The Storm
SallyMcQueen
AXIOM Crewmember

Re: Art of SallyMcQueen

Postby Ballboi » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:49 am

Great drawings there SallyMcQueen! I love the humanized versions of Lightning and Sally.
Ballboi
Piston Cup Champion

Postby SallyMcQueen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:00 pm

Thank you, Ballboi! :)
~Team Sally~
I'm a Pixarteer!

SallyMcQueen
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Ballboi » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:14 pm

No problem. I can't wait to see more. :D
Ballboi
Piston Cup Champion

Postby thedriveintheatre » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Wow, I'm really impressed, Sally McQueen! It takes skill and talent to draw Disney characters freehand that it almost looks like tracing, if that make sense! What I mean is, you're pretty close to the source images. I tried drawing Mater (with reference, but in a different pose) but his wheel axles and tow cable were difficult to put down and make em' expressive enough! The only one that looks a bit 'off' is Tarzan, his face could be improved. Send your mum my regards for her birthday! :)

I have no idea how your male characters end up looking like potatos with somebreros, but I'm bad at female characters, I simply add eyelashes and (if they're adults) busts! I really want to be able to figure draw accurately and yet retain a semblance of cartoonism, like Frank Cho or Jeff Smith. I really like humanised Sally's eyes, although they're a bit too huge for my taste. Interesting use of freckles, she reminds me of Rapunzel from Tangled. One criticism, Lighting's collar is too straight, make it a round curve to add perspective instead of having it 'flat'.

I'm curious to see how you humanise the other Cars characters! Keep on drawin'! :)
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby claualphapainter-95 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:30 pm

OMG, DO YOU WANT TO KILL ME, DON'T YA? OMG, your drawings are really cuteeee! Honestly!
I love the way you drew Sally and McQueen, they look super cool!, I can't draw Lightning yet in a human style, I just can't!.
You have a great tallent girl! Totally love your pictures...oh oh! do you have a deviantart page btw? I'm just aking. [:
Love this! keep goin! :D
- ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - -♥-
claualphapainter-95
Ant

Postby SallyMcQueen » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:37 am

Thank you, TDIT! :D I couldn't tell you how long it took me to do this. I like to have every detail right, so it's bad enough with one character but with 8 characters, it's horrible. :lol: Tarzan is just awkward, he really is. The way he looks is just so weird. I used all my eraser on him pratically trying to get his stupid face right and I just gave up. :roll:

thedriveintheatre wrote: I really like humanised Sally's eyes, although they're a bit too huge for my taste.

I tend to exaggerate female eyes, hair, and waistline. I guess I like to draw those things the most. She does look like Rapunzel, maybe that's what I was subconsciously aiming for. o_0 I was trying to give it the effect that it's a really high collar type of turtleneck thingy that they wear; I should of paid more attention to that. I was just trying to make him look presentable. 8D

Thanks to you too, claualphapainter-95! :D You make me laugh, you really do. 8D I do have a deviantart page, I rarely use it though and I have like no artwork on there. It's all kind of messed up- I really need to make another one. :-\
-----------------------------------------

By the way things are going, I'd say the charming Holley Shiftwell is up next, guys. 8)
~Team Sally~
I'm a Pixarteer!

SallyMcQueen
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Ballboi » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:39 am

Awesome! I can't wait to see how you draw Holley. :D
Ballboi
Piston Cup Champion

Postby Snipe » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:58 am

Wow! Those look great, SallyMcQueen! :D So, Lightning was the only character traced in that first picture? If so, I'm genuinely amazed. You seem to have a fair amount of precision in your drawings, and I really like that. It's one of the things I have a big problem with. :-\ And the humanized Lightning's head... you got that spot on, especially with the hair. :-D) You also seem to be able to draw characterized females very well. Sally there is awesome. Although at first I thought she was Rapunzel. 8D I do have to agree with TDIT though, humanized Lightning does look a little flat. But the rest looks amazing! Keep up the good work! :D :wink:

And I'll be looking forward to that Holley one... it sounds pretty awesome. :-D)
I'm leader of the Pixarteers! :D Check out my graphics or my random and Pixar art ;)
Snipe
Master Scarer

Postby MissCarrera » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Awesome! All of it! You did a great job on the Disney characters and the Sally/Lightning one was rockin' too! You did an excellent job on the hair of both of them and Lightning's racing suit is stunning! I want to see more of these humanized ones as well. How about one with Flo and Ramone together? Whatever you do I'd love to see though! Please make more. :mrgreen:
MissCarrera
Master Scarer

Postby SallyMcQueen » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:14 am

Thank you, Snipe! Yeah, I got really angry at him while drawing him. So, I gave up. It was mainly his hood and the perspective of it 'cause he's kind of turned but not- it was weird. :roll: I always have a reference and I just "draw what I see". It seems to work. :-D) LOL, I like the one piece of Lightning's hair that just sticks way out there. He didn't brush it that day. :lol: As more people start to mention it, I'm starting to see the 'Rapunzel' thing more. I hope it's not a bad thing, it was completely unintentional. That's just how I pictured her. o_0 I'll get better as I start to draw males more. But thank you for your kind words. :D

MissCarrera: Thank you! <3 I love drawing hair, I don't know why. Flo and Ramone is actually on my list....kind of way down there but they're there! If not Flo and Ramone, maybe just Flo. We'll see. :D
~Team Sally~
I'm a Pixarteer!

SallyMcQueen
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Snipe » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:51 am

You're welcome! :D And I don't think her looking like Rapunzel is a bad thing... she still looks great. :)
I'm leader of the Pixarteers! :D Check out my graphics or my random and Pixar art ;)
Snipe
Master Scarer

Postby Ballboi » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:12 am

I didn't think Sally looked like Rapunzel. Of course the hair and the freckles on the cheek look simular but I don't think they look alike. Can't wait to see what else you got SallyMcQueen!
Ballboi
Piston Cup Champion

Postby MissCarrera » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:44 am

Great! I'd be cool with seeing just Flo too! :D
MissCarrera
Master Scarer

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:38 pm

Wow, those are fantastic!! :D My personal favorite is the Disney collage.
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Next

Return to Fan Art