Art of SallyMcQueen

waves hand sheepishly Hi. Most of you know me on here; obsessive [i:2vles628]Cars[/i:2vles628] fan and Lightning/Sally shipper, ring a bell? But what most of you [i:2vles628]don’t[/i:2vles628] know is that I’m also an artist. Well, I wouldn’t say ‘artist’ per say, but…I draw. And color! So here is where I will be showing my artwork to all of you! I hope you enjoy them! :D No flaming or bashing- I don’t care for it. :-\ All of these are freehand unless I mention they aren’t.

My mother’s birthday present from me. ‘Happy Birthday’ in rainbow Walt Disney font and featuring all her favorite characters- Mickey Mouse, Lightning McQueen (is part tracing because it’s super hard to draw an animated car, let me tell you), Tarzan, Tigger, Jasmine, Aladdin, Pocahontas and Jafar. :D

[img:2vles628]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa10/CaribbeanCrazyGal/MomsBirthdayPresent.jpg[/img:2vles628]

A humanized version of Lightning and Sally. I’m in love with mostly everything in this drawing but I love how Sally’s eye shape and eye color turned out the most. And this is a very special drawing because it is the [i:2vles628]first[/i:2vles628] time ever that I have drawn a male and it came out NOT looking like a potato with a sombrero! 8D

[img:2vles628]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa10/CaribbeanCrazyGal/SallyandLightning-Humanized-1.jpg[/img:2vles628]

I will be adding more as I finish them. They will most likely be humanized [i:2vles628]Cars[/i:2vles628] drawings- that seems to be what I’m into drawing the most now. Thanks for checking it out, leave a comment please! :D

Great drawings there SallyMcQueen! I love the humanized versions of Lightning and Sally.

Thank you, Ballboi! :slight_smile:

No problem. I can’t wait to see more. :smiley:

Wow, I’m really impressed, Sally McQueen! It takes skill and talent to draw Disney characters freehand that it almost looks like tracing, if that make sense! What I mean is, you’re pretty close to the source images. I tried drawing Mater (with reference, but in a different pose) but his wheel axles and tow cable were difficult to put down and make em’ expressive enough! The only one that looks a bit ‘off’ is Tarzan, his face could be improved. Send your mum my regards for her birthday! :slight_smile:

I have no idea how your male characters end up looking like potatos with somebreros, but I’m bad at female characters, I simply add eyelashes and (if they’re adults) busts! I really want to be able to figure draw accurately and yet retain a semblance of cartoonism, like Frank Cho or Jeff Smith. I really like humanised Sally’s eyes, although they’re a bit too huge for my taste. Interesting use of freckles, she reminds me of Rapunzel from Tangled. One criticism, Lighting’s collar is too straight, make it a round curve to add perspective instead of having it ‘flat’.

I’m curious to see how you humanise the other Cars characters! Keep on drawin’! :slight_smile:

OMG, DO YOU WANT TO KILL ME, DON’T YA? OMG, your drawings are really cuteeee! Honestly!
I love the way you drew Sally and McQueen, they look super cool!, I can’t draw Lightning yet in a human style, I just can’t!.
You have a great tallent girl! Totally love your pictures…oh oh! do you have a deviantart page btw? I’m just aking. [:
Love this! keep goin! :smiley:

Thank you, [b:3f7b11du]TDIT[/b:3f7b11du]! :D I couldn’t tell you how long it took me to do this. I like to have every detail right, so it’s bad enough with one character but with 8 characters, it’s horrible. :lol: Tarzan is just awkward, he really is. The way he looks is just so weird. I used all my eraser on him pratically trying to get his stupid face right and I just gave up. :roll:

[quote="thedriveintheatre":3f7b11du] I really like humanised Sally’s eyes, although they’re a bit too huge for my taste. [/quote:3f7b11du]

I tend to exaggerate female eyes, hair, and waistline. I guess I like to draw those things the most. She does look like Rapunzel, maybe that’s what I was subconsciously aiming for. o_0 I was trying to give it the effect that it’s a really high collar type of turtleneck thingy that they wear; I should of paid more attention to that. I was just trying to make him look presentable. 8D

Thanks to you too, [b:3f7b11du]claualphapainter-95[/b:3f7b11du]! :D You make me laugh, you really do. 8D I do have a deviantart page, I rarely use it though and I have like no artwork on there. It’s all kind of messed up- I really need to make another one. :-\

By the way things are going, I’d say the charming Holley Shiftwell is up next, guys. 8)

Awesome! I can’t wait to see how you draw Holley. :smiley:

Wow! Those look great, [b:3ipcs6zc]SallyMcQueen[/b:3ipcs6zc]! :D So, Lightning was the only character traced in that first picture? If so, I’m genuinely amazed. You seem to have a fair amount of precision in your drawings, and I really like that. It’s one of the things I have a big problem with. :-\ And the humanized Lightning’s head… you got that spot on, especially with the hair. :-D) You also seem to be able to draw characterized females very well. Sally there is awesome. Although at first I thought she was Rapunzel. 8D I do have to agree with [b:3ipcs6zc]TDIT[/b:3ipcs6zc] though, humanized Lightning does look a little flat. But the rest looks amazing! Keep up the good work! :D :wink:

And I’ll be looking forward to that Holley one… it sounds pretty awesome. :-D)

Awesome! All of it! You did a great job on the Disney characters and the Sally/Lightning one was rockin’ too! You did an excellent job on the hair of both of them and Lightning’s racing suit is stunning! I want to see more of these humanized ones as well. How about one with Flo and Ramone together? Whatever you do I’d love to see though! Please make more. :mrgreen:

Thank you, Snipe! Yeah, I got really angry at him while drawing him. So, I gave up. It was mainly his hood and the perspective of it 'cause he’s kind of turned but not- it was weird. :unamused: I always have a reference and I just “draw what I see”. It seems to work. :-D) LOL, I like the one piece of Lightning’s hair that just sticks way out there. He didn’t brush it that day. :laughing: As more people start to mention it, I’m starting to see the ‘Rapunzel’ thing more. I hope it’s not a bad thing, it was completely unintentional. That’s just how I pictured her. o_0 I’ll get better as I start to draw males more. But thank you for your kind words. :smiley:

MissCarrera: Thank you! <3 I love drawing hair, I don’t know why. Flo and Ramone is actually on my list…kind of way down there but they’re there! If not Flo and Ramone, maybe just Flo. We’ll see. :smiley:

You’re welcome! :smiley: And I don’t think her looking like Rapunzel is a bad thing… she still looks great. :slight_smile:

I didn’t think Sally looked like Rapunzel. Of course the hair and the freckles on the cheek look simular but I don’t think they look alike. Can’t wait to see what else you got SallyMcQueen!

Great! I’d be cool with seeing just Flo too! :smiley:

Wow, those are fantastic!! :smiley: My personal favorite is the Disney collage.

Thank you! :smiley: I love your Disney Princess sig! And the “Days till Brave is released: A LOT”. 8D

I said she was next so here she is! “It’s Shiftwell. Holley Shiftwell.” :sunglasses:

Holley and I…we had a wrestle for quite some time (especially those dang lips!) but I think she turned out alright. :slight_smile: Ummm, let’s see, what can I say about this? Well, I drew her hair from looking at photos of Victoria Beckham’s hair style 'cause I think it just matches Holley perfectly. <3 I put her in a trench coat 'cause that’s just a spy-ish thing to wear, is it not? :wink: The boots were originally black pumps but then I thought black boots would be more appropriate for the whole secret agent thing; there’s a lot of running involved so pumps would be kind of bad but they were stylish, okay? :laughing:

I hope you guys enjoy it. :smiley:

Looking good! :smiley: Not quite what I picture Holley looking like, but it’s still great. The hair looks awesome… I love how you gave it a thin look, like how you can see the shapes of features underneath the hair. And I love your signature… “PAW” with the little pawprint. :-D)

I LOVE IT!!! The hair is great, and the eyes are fantastic and you won the war on those lips! Nailed them! I’m wondering…why do we always assume Holley has black hair? It is like a given in the Cars fandom. Weird, but I can’t say I don’t agree with it! Now you have to tell us who you’ll be drawing next? :wink:

Haha, thanks. XD That makes me happy. And i love your Holley drawing!!