Pixar Planet

Art of SallyMcQueen

Share your fan art from your favorite Pixar films and shorts here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Art of SallyMcQueen

Postby PixarTeo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Awesome artwork.
PixarTeo
Master Scarer

Postby Ballboi » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:06 pm

I can't believe this thread has alot of replies of us boys and girls going back and fourth to see who is better. 8D
Ballboi
Piston Cup Champion

Postby SallyMcQueen » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:54 am

Ballboi wrote:I wish Jonah was able to see this.

He does! I bet you just roll in pride every time you see our signatures. :wink:

PixarTeo wrote:Awesome artwork.

Thank you! :)

Ballboi wrote:I can't believe this thread has alot of replies of us boys and girls going back and fourth to see who is better. 8D

Right?! We're cool. :roll: 8)
~Check out my Pixar artwork~
~Team Sally~
I'm a Pixarteer!

Fanfiction: After The Storm
SallyMcQueen
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Ballboi » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:00 am

Nope. Everytime I see it I just smile and chuckle at it.
Ballboi
Piston Cup Champion

Postby SallyMcQueen » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:48 am

Hahahaha, good times. :lol: :roll:
~Team Sally~
I'm a Pixarteer!

SallyMcQueen
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Ballboi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:59 am

Yep. Definitely good times.
Ballboi
Piston Cup Champion

Postby MissCarrera » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:37 pm

Yeah...I'm going to go with two weeks. Sorry guys. :wink: But you're messing with my signature funk, I had it all organized nicely! 8D Yeah, I hope Jonah sees it too, I haven't a clue where he is at the moment but at least it keeps him from taunting us about it. :lol:
MissCarrera
Master Scarer

Postby Ballboi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Two weeks would be fine with me.
Ballboi
Piston Cup Champion

Postby SallyMcQueen » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:08 am

Eeeee! :3 Okay, so I finished my next drawing and I'm overly excited to show it. This one called for extra colouring, extra creativity, and just extra in general but it was so worth it because it came out just how I imagined it. So, a character who is extremely underrated but I love- Carla Veloso! :D

Okay, so the lineart for this was done a while ago. There was just so much colouring involved that it ended up taking a while. The suit, of course, was the main part of it. I never noticed how festive and decorated Carla was until I saw this that eventually became my reference.

This was also another reference too.

^^^ I stayed very true to all that as much as I could and of course, I included the World Grand Prix and Allinol logos and also put in her name and country of origin on there also. Since Carla's paint goes from green in front to blue in back, I figured her suit would be the same exact thing so that was attempted. I think it came out pretty good (Of course the scanner kind of ruins the true look of it. :-\) but I hope you guys can see the color transitions. Shading was my favorite part (as was the creating the helmet too.). Fun fact- I used three different types of greens, four blues, and two yellows all in the suit and helmet. Then, two browns shaded together for her hair, three separate colors (tan, peach, and brown) for her in-between skin color, and two pinks for her lips. Thank you, 150 colored pencil set. 8)

I guess I could talk about Carla herself now. If you want an actual real-life form of her, just picture a darker Sofia Vergara (who I love. <3)- that is exactly how I would picture her. The type of person you'd see listed on People's 100 Most Beautiful. I just aimed to maker her exotically beautiful.

I'm almost done rambling, promise (I said I was overly excited.)! There's a Hidden Mickey in this drawing! It was actually drawn like that on accident and I decided to keep it. If you find it first, you get... nothing. Just a bunch of brownie points and points because it's kind of hard to find. 8D

Last thing! I realized by looking at all the dates on the Cars artwork I've posted on here, they go 10-18-2011, 11-17-2011, 01-18-12, and this one was 02-18-12. Weird. o_0 :lol:

I love nothing more than hearing from you guys so please leave lovely comments! :mrgreen:
Last edited by SallyMcQueen on Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Team Sally~
I'm a Pixarteer!

SallyMcQueen
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby pixarmilan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 am

Great job! I can definitely see her looking like that.
pixarmilan
Piston Cup Champion

Postby PixarTeo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:41 am

I love it.
PixarTeo
Master Scarer

Postby MissCarrera » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Dude, I totally know what you meant by just "knowing" when you just nailed your best piece yet. And then of course, you hope that other people will agree with you that it is your personal best... and I gotta tell you, this is!! :mrgreen: Everything you described about trying to make her the exotic type of beauty and all that- check and check! Same thing with comparing her to Sofia, it is like you stripped the image of her straight from my mind! Back to the actual drawing though... I understand the scanner thing, but it is still very apparent all the detail you put into this. I can see the variations of shading and I don't know if I love her face and hair or her outfit best. :D You really went the extra mile on this one and it shows! You must draw more!! Oh, and you already know how I feel, but I shall reinforce that Carla is indeed an epic character. AND, I found the Mickey ears!!! Right on her helmet in the swirls right? 8) *acts like she didn't just spend 10 minutes scouring the picture before spotting it* Brownie points? :wink:
MissCarrera
Master Scarer

Postby SallyMcQueen » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:24 am

Thank you, Pixar Teo and pixarmilan! :D

Rebecca: Thank you, thank you, thank you! <3 Yes! I was exceptionally nervous about this one because I had that feeling and that you guys wouldn't think the same thing. :lol: :oops: Yay, yay, yay! *wants to jump up and down* I'm so glad! :mrgreen: I don't know which one I like better either! :lol: Oh, I totally plan on drawing Carla more. I already have ideas added onto my (growing) list. o_0 Ha, ha! You did find it, yes! LOL, it's because it was upside down, wasn't it? :laugh: 10 thousand brownie points added to your score of like 5 billion. :wink:
~Team Sally~
I'm a Pixarteer!

SallyMcQueen
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby PixarTeo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:19 am

Your welcome. :wink:
PixarTeo
Master Scarer

Postby MissCarrera » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:25 pm

SallyMcQueen wrote: 10 thousand brownie points added to your score of like 5 billion. :wink:
Oh yeah, like a boss. 8) 8D

I do look forward to you drawing her again though! Maybe one with her and our favourite Italian man...? o_0 :wink:
MissCarrera
Master Scarer

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art