Pixar Planet

OWP's Fanart

Share your fan art from your favorite Pixar films and shorts here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: OWP's Fanart

Postby SallyMcQueen » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:45 am

*gasp* I feel special. Thaaaankkkkkssss! :oops: :D
~Check out my Pixar artwork~
~Team Sally~
I'm a Pixarteer!

Fanfiction: After The Storm
SallyMcQueen
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Modeltrainman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:08 am

Oh, wow, OWP! Awesome! Love all of it! I love Pixar art, even if I don't draw well, or sing or any of that!
Modeltrainman
Garbage Boy

Location: Riding through the Wild West with Cowgirl_Jessie and Bullseye.

Postby ObsessedWithPixar » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Apologies for not thanking everyone again since my last art post! So let me thank my two friends/fans who've been giving me compliments from the get-go, SallyMcQueen and pixarmilan, my new viewer Geoff-uk1234, and one of my absolute best PP friends modeltrainman for all of your kind words! Now, in my giving nature, I've made something for SallyMcQueen's birthday!
I know that some of you might be tired of seeing me humanize Cars characters, but I love doing it anyway! Now, what you're looking at are the humanized versions of SallyMcQueen's fave WGP Racers (not counting Lightning) Carla, Francesco, and Nigel. And because I've been experimenting more and more with GIMP, I thought it would be fun to try a more colorful style. Most of my drawings are outlined in black, but I did something entirely different with these! I hope you like, SallyMcQueen; you were the first to check out my art before I posted it here, one of my most loyal fans, a phenomenal artist yourself, and a great friend! And I hope your day is great! :D
And as a reminder, I want to try and make all my friends drawings or graphics for their birthdays, but sometimes, due to my own habit of drawing until I hurt myself and running out of time, I can't do one for every one of you; but no matter what, I will jot down a message for you on the Birthday thread!
My Fanart - My Graphics - My Non-Pixar Art
Pixar now and forever <3
ObsessedWithPixar
AXIOM Crewmember

Location: I wish I knew. Russell lost my GPS in Paradise Falls

Postby SallyMcQueen » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:13 am

I replied in your PM but I'll say on here again that I absolutely love this! I mean, the idea itself of my favorite WGP racers is great! This is so nice of you, thank you again! <3 :mrgreen:
~Team Sally~
I'm a Pixarteer!

SallyMcQueen
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby pixarmilan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:32 am

It looks great!
pixarmilan
Piston Cup Champion

Postby ObsessedWithPixar » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:50 pm

Thanks pixarmilan! And I'm so glad you like your card, SallyMcQueen! Knowing you enjoyed it makes me so happy! :3
I have a little something to show you all today; I spent a couple of hours working on a Brave drawing on DisneyCreate yesterday. I had the strangest craving this past weekend to draw Merida and The Triplets and stick a line from a Phineas and Ferb song on it. Anyway, here's the link to my most recent Create creation, which is also my first publicly-drawn Brave pic (unless you count the wallpapers, a condensed review, and a Pony version of Merida; but the only one I actually drew was the MLP). http://disney.go.com/create/#/create/ar ... 1-i-01410b
Hope you all like it; I think I've improved my shading abilities a bit. I'm open for critique and advice if anyone has any!
Pixar now and forever <3
ObsessedWithPixar
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby pixarmilan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:40 am

I think it looks great, it has a very Phineas and Ferb style to it.
pixarmilan
Piston Cup Champion

Postby SallyMcQueen » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:01 am

I agree, it does have the PF style. I love it! I think they look very much like the characters but still drawn using your own style! Very nice! :mrgreen:
~Team Sally~
I'm a Pixarteer!

SallyMcQueen
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Bonanna137 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:25 am

Awwwww! You even made it public! :D ;-p <3
My Self Made Signatures! Bonanna137's Super Signatures!
I'm a Pixarteer!
Bonanna137
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby thedriveintheatre » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:09 pm

I just want to say that Carla is my favourite Grand Prix racer, and you've done her humanised version justice! The only construct-crit I'd give is to try to pose your figures more naturally and have them 'interact' with each other to make the group portrait more interesting. You've done a bit of that with Carla's fist-pump, but Francesco and Nigel look too similar. Maybe you could've had them in a staring contest or had Francesco preen his hair or something.

Other than that, great work! I'll have to go and check out your DisneyCreate account now that I've found it in the first thread. :)
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby ObsessedWithPixar » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:15 pm

Whoa, it's been a while since I've updated here.
- pixarmilan and SallyMcQueen: Thanks for the compliments on the Brave drawing! You guys aren't the first to say my style is P&F-like; I'm sure some of my current style derived from the P&F character style in some ways.
- Boanna137: I'm so very glad you like it! I admire your proud Francesco fandom!
- TDIT: Thanks for seeing my art again! And yes, I do now realize I could've done some slight additions on the WGP Racers pic. I think the problem resided in the fact I was using reference from my Meet The Cars book and I attempted to humanize their basic poses. But thanks for the compliments otherwise - and the critique as well!

OK, now that that's done, here's my newest Pixar creation! A Birthday card for my friend K9Girl!
I know she adores Dug, and somehow, Dug's Special Mission seemed like a perfect source for a Dug Bday card. I'm very proud of the way Dug came out, although I'm not sure if I'm entirely happy about the shading, as I'm continually trying to pull off the perfect shading with GIMP. Nevertheless, I hope you like it, K9Girl! One of my first friends, a fellow Pixar superfan, a fellow dog lover, and one of the best graphics-makers/Pixar fanartists on PixarPlanet! :D
Pixar now and forever <3
ObsessedWithPixar
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby K9Girl » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:39 pm

I already thanked you in my PM, but I love it! :D
K9Girl
Master Scarer

Location: Warning my friends about the free pistachio ice cream

Postby SallyMcQueen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:17 am

Wow, what a nice drawing! :D Dug's so cute and I love the idea itself. Dug 's fur is a little dark with the shading but it doesn't downgrade the drawing at all. Beautiful job, OWP! :mrgreen:
~Team Sally~
I'm a Pixarteer!

SallyMcQueen
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby ObsessedWithPixar » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:25 pm

Thanks for the compliments and critque, SallyMcQueen! And it makes me so happy to know that you love your card, K9Girl! And now, an update!
It feels like every drawing I've started lately has been put on hold... I mean, I have projects on Create, on my computer, and on paper that I haven't yet finished! I have been a bit busy lately, but I really have to get my art in order! Especially since two of my in-progress drawings on Create are Pixar-related! (Oh yehz, I'm working on something Cars and something Brave...) And you know, I finally got myself a nice set of pencils and I've been trying to do more stuff on paper, too. But here's a little something I spent pretty much all of last week working on...
http://disney.go.com/create/art/2gs11k6 ... 0-h-2f00ba
If your first thought was "Wha...??", then I don't blame you. I love humanizing, and I've starting having these little "guess who I humanized" games on DisneyCreate. I'll spare you guys the struggle: it's Rex and Trixie. I don't think I've ever seen humanized TS characters before, and with Partysaurus Rex coming soon, I figured it might be good to do something Toy Story. I'm not sure how I feel about some of the shading, but I'm still trying to perfect my shading abilities. But I worked extremely hard on this one... you probably can't tell, but I tried to give Rex's jacket a leathery-looking texture, even. It took a while to pull off, but I'm happy with it for the most part. So keep a lookout for some more Pixar artwork - and eventually my dA account... if I can stop procrastinating with my creations! :P
Pixar now and forever <3
ObsessedWithPixar
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Modeltrainman » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Nice! I'd love to see you do Rex how he actually is(dinosaur), and Mater, perhaps.
Modeltrainman
Garbage Boy

Location: Riding through the Wild West with Cowgirl_Jessie and Bullseye.

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art