Incredi-Bolt - Premise

Interested?

• Yes
  • No (Please drop reason, much appreciated)

0 voters

As some of the members who had took a moment of their time to check out my introductory post in your ‘newbie stickied thread’ might have figured out, my arrival here comes with the intention to write some fan fictions for your pleasurable viewing. Well, you guessed accurately, my friends, and here, my first project in Pixar Planet forums, shall be a mesh-up between two of the greatest Disney features I have seen in the 21st century, Bolt and The Incredibles; both of which had gained large amount of my interest.

I do not find it to be surprising that some may find this to be… a little ridiculous, if not somewhat cheesy. However, this short story continuously flashes through my grey cells, practically begging me to inform the world of this hearty tale. As a writer with great words to tell and having to be quite obsesses with Disney’s latest animation production, I must composite this literature to express the joy its song and heartwarming tale has brought me. A gratitude to the makers, one could say. :slight_smile:

So, here I go:
Ever noticed that Penny from Bolt resembled a certain someone from a Pixar feature? Take a closer look at her hairstyle, and you might just realize your first guess was right. Yes, I am referring to Helen Parr of The Incredibles. :stuck_out_tongue:

The rest of my short story (yes, a very short story - more on that later) would be predictable for most of you.

We start off with Helen as a full grown adult, pondering about her past and the events that have occurred in the Pixar feature film, and as she walked further down memory lane, she remembered a very close childhood friend of hers who was the most heroic ‘Super’ she had ever encountered.

That Super, my friends, is none other than Bolt the Super Dog.

And then we cut into a flashback sequence, where Bolt was, once again, doing his thing in the TV show, but after the realization of the movie. Another Super bark was emitted, and another successful take for the day.

This short story would just have Helen recollecting the past as if she was nicknamed ‘Penny’ and was the Penny of ‘Bolt’ the movie as a child. This one-chapter fan fic would provide nothing more than a link to Helen’s reason for being a Super in the first place, and it is the beginning for a whole series of Incredibles/Bolt crossover if it takes off successfully; I am only interested in the short story currently, the latter part is pending.

But, that is why I need your opinion on the pending idea. Would you like to see Bolt as an actual Super in the Incredibles universe? My idea consists of him gaining real superpowers like in his own TV show, but not entirely through the same way it was portrayed in the fictitious show. Let him be struck by a meteorite, get blasted with a tornado, etc. Just know that it would not be the ‘purposely remodification’ that was in the movie for originality purposes.

If this works well, I might weave this into my bigger alternate project, which I shall be discussing in The Incredibles forum in the future, where I need more views on more topics the universe contains.

Would you believe this isn’t the first time I’ve heard someone compare Penny to Helen?
Interesting how someone’s finally acting on this whole notion.

Heh, they are both physically attractive like that. I would admit that I was once in trance with Helen’s beauty. :stuck_out_tongue: And Penny is not very far off, either. :laughing:

I voted yes.

I may not be a huge fan of crossovers, but I love reading Incredibles stories. I want to see how this is going to do. My advice would be to go on ahead and write it.

It seems to me that the idea of a dog superhero and a human suerphero in the same story would be quite a great idea. I’d go for it…i’m interested in this idea of yours. I can come up with a little bit of stuff but not a lot…would love to see what you got.

It sounds very promising and interesting. It’s creative, too. I’ll love this crossover, I can tell.