Chapter 1: What Now?
Chapter 2: The Bloat Scare
Chapter 3: Into the Unknown
Chapter 4: Slice
Chapter 5: Shark Attack
Chapter 6: A Miracle
Chapter 7: Finding the EAC
Chapter 8: Rock On, Dude!

After much brainstorming and planning, I finally present you with my first fan fiction!

I noticed the lack of Finding Nemo fan fictions and I had some great ideas so I went ahead and wrote this! This is the first part in the main trilogy, but I will also be posting short stories and supplementary stories that are also in the series (hence the name “saga” and not “trilogy”).

I plan on releasing chapters as quick as I can, but would like to try to post a new chapter every other day. The chapters will be fairly short, but there will be many chapters.

Thanks to everyone who helped me to get this going and I really hope you enjoy!

The Tank Gang Saga: Rip

by Rayhawk

Chapter 1: What Now?

The sun was at its highest point in the day and one could quickly discern the landscape. Whether it’s the towering skyscrapers defining the city, the large and exuberant opera house, or the bustling sounds of tourists, Sydney is a beautiful city, in the eyes of anyone. However, the lush, colorful coral reefs of Sydney Bay are the most attractive element. You could faintly make out seven plastic bags floating in the ocean that, at a quick glance, appeared merely to be litter in the ocean…

“Please tell me we never have to endure that again,” yelled Peach. She was clearly still in shock over the fact that the gang had just crossed a busy street and landed straight in the ocean.

“Well, I can’t promise anything, Peach, but we’ve finally made it!” Gill was probably the happiest fish in the sea as his countless attempts at escaping the dentist’s office had finally paid off, they were free.

Over to the left of the two fish, six other fish were baffled at the sight of the big blue ocean.

“I can’t believe you guys have never seen the ocean before!” Gill yelled. Only Gill originated from the ocean, the others coming from assorted markets. “It’s great isn’t it? No glass to hold us down!”

Bubbles was clearly overwhelmed with the new surroundings and was too baffled to even answer Gill. However, Deb could be heard whining in a confused tone, “Flo? Flo? Where are you Flo?” She was clearly worried about where her significant other had disappeared to.

“Jacques! Jacques! Get over here!” said Gurgle, disgusted of the open ocean. “We are swimming in water with very unacceptable levels of pollution and dirt!” worried Gurgle. Jacques was a little confused of how he would be able to get to Gurgle, but tried anyway.

Bloat, their blowfish friend, was laughing out loud. “That was a great thrill, let’s do it again!” Bloat was still full of adrenaline from nearly being run over by a truck crossing the road.

“Alright, so that’s everyone,” exhaled Gill, “I couldn’t think of how this could have gone any better.”

“Gill, I think there’s one slight fault in your near-perfect plan,” exclaimed Peach. “We’re trapped in plastic bags with no way out.”

“What now?” questioned Bloat, as all the fish were wondering the exact same thing about what would happen next.

Very well done! I can’t wait to hear more! :wink:

[EDIT]- I always wondered how they got out of there bags… maybe Bloat pops them or something? :unamused:

Thanks for the positive review! I guess you’ll have to wait and see as to what happens :stuck_out_tongue:

And I might post the new chapter tomorrow (a day early) if enough people respond to this and give me some motivation to post it early. Otherwise, chapters will be released every other day!

I like the idea of the story. I always wondered what happened to the Tank Gang after they escaped, now I’ll finally find out the answer :smiley: Great story so far Rayhawk, can’t wait to see what happens next.

Thanks Evil_Genius_27! I’m on vacation right now, but I couldn’t resist writing more chapters and leaving you guys wondering! I found some free Wi-Fi and was able to post the next chapter on time! Enjoy! :smiley:

Chapter 2: The Bloat Scare

The seven tank-raised fish lie in the open sea, confused about what to do. “Well I’m sorry guys,” explained Gill, “for neglecting a very important loophole in the plan.”

“Look, Gill. I think I speak for everyone when I say that getting us this far was enough to make us content,” assured Peach. She was trying to console Gill, as it was his longtime dream to live in the ocean once again. Gill looked back at Peach and gave a grin, as if to say thanks for sticking along.

“I hate to break up this enchanting moment,” said Gurgle, “but Bloat is gone!” It was true, Bloat’s plastic escape was torn, floating on top of the water.

The entire gang looked in every direction to perhaps find where Bloat had gone, with obvious uncertainty present in their eyes.

“He can’t, cannot be gone!” Bubbles and Deb were panting heavily, looking as far as they could within the limits of their plastic bags.

“Hey guys!” a voiced beamed from out of nowhere. Everyone’s heads turned at the sound of the seemingly random voice.

“Bloat! You’re okay!” yelled the gang. The energy in the air seemed to take a turn for the better as everyone was finally at rest, their friend Bloat was not missing. In fact, he was out of his plastic bag, swimming happily in the ocean.

“You all should really come out here! The water’s fine!” shouted Bloat.

“But how’d you get out?” wondered Gill.

“All I had to do was puff up and my points punctured the bag! It was quite easy actually!”

“You did it Bloat! We can finally get out of here,” said Gill. He was very relieved as he believed he had led his friends into an unsolvable puzzle.

“Well then, let’s get out of here!” said Deb. Bloat went up to each bag and filled up his body with air, poking holes in each fish’s bag. The others were safe to stay on the side of the bag not being hit with Bloat’s spikes.

“You did it Bloat,” exclaimed Gurgle. “We’re not going to die here after all!”

For the first time ever, all seven friends were swimming safely together in the open ocean, but no one was aware of what was to become of them in the future.

Oh! Good job!

I’ve always wondered myself what had happened to the gang, but had my suspicions about Bloat.

Can see what kind of adventure the ocean takes them on!

Hey, good job! I thought that was how they ended up getting out, but I wasn’t sure…

Can’t wait for the next chapter! :wink:

Great chapter :smiley: One question though: how will Deb react to the loss (seemingly) of Flo :frowning:

Evil_Genius_27, I guess you’ll just have to wait and see what happens :stuck_out_tongue:

And thank you very much Snipe and thewisecookiesheet! I’ve had a lot of time lately to be writing since I’ve been on many road trips and plane flights. New chapter will be up on Monday (maybe earlier)!

This is great! :smiley: Very exciting! I love the way you describe the scene. It’s great. :slight_smile:

You have a great talent! Adding to what you said before about you wanting to have the most popluar fanfiction on PP, you are well on your way. But you’re like, in a rocket ship on your way. I love it!

I agree with Evil. I can’t wait to see how Deb reacts. :slight_smile:

Wow, this story is great so far- I love it! :wink: Finally, I’m glad to see a Nemo fanfic. I’ve not read any FN fanfics yet, so you can be proud to be the first person I read one from! :smiley:

And like Evil and Jessie, I anticipate Debs reaction to find no Flo.

I await your next chapter with excitement!

Thanks so much jessie and Ami! I really hope I can make this and the whole series very popular on PP. Like a worldwide phenomenon :laughing:

And yes, I do plan on expanding on Deb’s reaction of losing Flo.

Stay tuned! New chapter Monday!

I’m finally able to post the new chapter up! Orlando is crazy! Enjoy :smiley:

Chapter 3: Into the Unknown

Even though they were swimming free in the open ocean, there was still doubt in everyone’s faces. Where to go? What to do? Only Gill had seen the ocean before, but it had been way too long to remember a mental map of Sydney Bay and beyond.

“Well team,” admitted Gill, “I have to let you down in saying I don’t know where to go. I didn’t even think we’d get this far!”

Peach, trying to lighten the situation, said “We do know one thing, and that’s that we need to find a home. We need a safe place where we can settle down and enjoy the ocean.”

“But we can’t just go swimming into the unknown!” said Gurgle. “It’s way too dangerous!”

“And what about Flo? We can’t forget her! I think she was accidentally left behind in the office! I really don’t know what I’ll do without Flo. She’s my other half.” Deb let out a small tear as she had been with Flo her whole life. She felt as if a part of her heart had been taken away. Her friends surrounded her and, with a big group hug, reminded her that they would always be there for her through everything.

“We have no choice Gurgle. We’ll have to take this one step at a time. But most importantly, we need to stay together. We’re a gang, the tank gang, and we’re not going to split up for anything. We’re a family.” At this point, Gill had realized the importance of his friends. They stuck with him through all his risky plans, followed all his direction, and still had respect for him. He needed them and they needed him.

“I have an idea!” shouted Bloat. “Our friend Shark Bait lives in the open ocean, right? In the Great Barrier Reef?”

“Shark Bait! I mean, Nemo!” said Bubbles. “We could go and find Shark Bait!”

“I think you’re on to something! Well then, it’s decided: we’re going to find out where Shark Bait lives and settle down with him. I’m sure him and his father are somewhere safe and welcoming.” Gill was glad they had somewhere to go and the whole gang was clearly excited to see their friend again.

“But where does Shark Bait even live?” worried Gurgle.

“I remember,” said Jacques, “Jacques remembers everything. His father took the East Australian Current, the EAC I believe, to become united with his son. If we find the EAC, we’ll be closer than we can hope.”

“Then we need to find directions to the EAC!” said Deb. “Let’s try and find a friendly fish who can help us on our journey.”

The gang plunged underwater and they were off and determined to find anyone who could help them locate the EAC. However, they were not alone…

I can’t wait to see if they find Nemo. :smiley: I hope they can stay over at his place!

This was great! When is the next one? :smiley:

That was great, Rayhawk! I like how it’s being well integrated into the original movie. Very well done! I can’t wait for the next chapter! :wink:

I liked this chapter, Rayhawk! :wink:
How the gang reacted to Deb’s reaction about no Flo was so sweet and I love it when freinds are there for each other like that.

OoOoOo… so they’re not alone now… I hope they make it to Nemo’s place safely!

Next chapter, I can’t wait for you :mrgreen:

Thank you guys so much for the positive comments! The next few chapters have tons of new and cool stuff so they should be awesome!

The new chapter will be up tomorrow! :smiley:

Shark bait, HOO HA HA 8D

Ahem. Excellent chapter Rayhawk, I like the sense of family you give to the tank gang. Peach is just so matter-of-fact, she’s definitely my favorite after Gill. Can’t wait for the next installment :smiley:

PS. I’m happy to hear you’re having fun in Orlando!

Sorry it’s late in the day, but it’s still up on time! Enjoy the fun chapter :smiley:

Chapter 4: Slice

As they plunged even deeper into the ocean, in hope to find a fish who could give them directions, the gang became even more mesmerized by the glass-free water. No limits to swimming.

“Hey! What’s that up there? It’s some sort of structure!” said Bubbles.

“Peach? You’re the expert, what is it?” said Deb.

“From what I can see, it appears to be a drainage system. Probably the drainage system for all of Sydney I’d assume. After all, all drains lead to the ocean!” At that moment, everyone remembered the day in which they helped Nemo escape the clutches of Darla and what could’ve been a very devastating day for him. “We’re on the right track!”

“And look down there!” exclaimed Bloat. “Crabs are down there! Maybe we can ask them for directions!”

The gang swiftly swam down further into the deep ocean in hopes of finding someone to help. Once they reached the pipes, they scanned each crab and their actions to try and find someone who looked friendly.
“They look friendly!” said Bubbles. He was referring to what looked like a small family of crabs, a father, mother, and a young crab. Everyone one swam over to them.

“Excuse me,” said Peach, “would you happen to know where we can pick up the East Australian Current? We’re desperately looking for a way.”

“Why yes I can help you! If you swim-“

“Are you going on an adventure?” squealed the young crab. He was clearly interested and very excited to find out where the gang was going.

“Slice! Don’t interrupt your father!” said the mother crab.

“It’s alright,” exclaimed Gill. “Yes, Slice, we are going on an adventure. We’re from Sydney, inside an aquarium in a dentist’s office. We’re trying to find our friends in hopes of settling down into a home.

“WOW!” shouted Slice. “You’re from an aquarium? That’s so cool! How’d you get out? When did you get out? Where did you all come from? What’s it like in an aquarium? I have so many questions to ask you!” Slice was overwhelmed by the visitors. “Hey mom, can I go with them on their adventure?”

His parents were baffled by the abrupt proclamation. “Well son,” said his father, “since we’ve kept you with us so long, I think it’s time you had an adventure. It’s up to them though.” He pointed to the gang, Slice with much anticipation.

Gill was shocked. One part of him was delighted to bring along another traveler. However, another part of him thought that he didn’t want to put another life in danger. What if he had another crazy plan? “We would be honored to invite you on our adventure,” said Gill.

“YES!” screamed Slice. “I can finally have an adventure of my own!”
“Be safe! I love you so much!” shouted his mother, “and just keep swimming in the direction past that deep sea buoy and you’ll meet up with the EAC eventually!”

The gang set off with their newest member, Slice, to find the EAC. Little did they know of the challenge that was ahead of them.

Oh no! :frowning: I hope Slice is going to be okay!!