Pixar Planet

Sweet Treats!

Share your graphics & icons from your favorite Pixar films and shorts here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby The Star Swordsman » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:19 am

Very clever rachel. Just in time for easter toom. Alec looks really cute.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Mitch » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:04 am

Rachel - You're most welcome, and cute signature! I love it. Heheh. ;)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby Sky » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:40 am

Thanks very much, youse <strike>two</strike> three! 8)
---------------

The phrase "nothing suss" is taken from a comedy sketch show from a few years ago where two guys would sell stuff like exercise equipment and display how it's used in a suspicious and uncompromising position, then they'd say "nothing suss!". It's too bad I can't find any clips on YouTube from that show because those particular sketches were really funny... What? Can't two guys lie around in their underwear holding hands, while gazing into each others' eyes without being accused of being gay?! :P

If the higher-ups thinks this graphic isn't suitable, even though I judge it as more tongue-in-cheek than anything, I'll remove it. It was shown on the Incredi-blunders extra on The Incredibles DVD.
Last edited by Sky on Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Mitch » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:08 pm

Rachel - Puh-ha! Yeah, you can keep it on, although I must say that that's the most disturbing thing I've seen in a long time.... :P :lol:

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:15 pm

Wow rachel, something I never thought I would see as a siggy from you. I love it. You got me laughing out of my chair.
The Star Swordsman

Postby thedriveintheatre » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:56 am

What the... ahahaha! 8D *wags index finger* Naughty, naughty! That's gotta be the cheekiest sig yet! And it has nothing to do with two guys holding hands (then again, maybe to a certain extent). The mere sight of them in their undies is risque enough!

Do you remember the name of that sketch show? It sounds very "suss" indeed! :mrgreen:

Can't two guys lie around in their underwear holding hands, while gazing into each others' eyes without being accused of being gay?!

I guess they could, though it'd be a stretch. :lol:

Should be okay to post. People do yaoi fanworks all the time, anyway. Oh, and the Incredi-blunders vid was a laugh riot! ;)
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:50 am

I don't know rachel. Those shirts look more bright than loud. Shirts don't make noises do they? :wink: :lol: I'm just kidding. I like it rachel. Those three have really cool shirts.
The Star Swordsman

Postby bright dot-dasher » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:58 am

I like it, too. The bright colors seem to represent their bright minds and creativity.
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby Mitch » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:37 am

rachelcakes1985 wrote:Mitch - What's so disturbing about full grown men in their undies? :P

Yeah, what is? :P :lol:

I'm lovin' the new signature, by the way! I think wearing Hawaiian shirts is something of a tradition among animators or something....

bright dot-dasher - Ha-ha. Good point. ;)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby thedriveintheatre » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:38 pm

Thanks Rachel! "Skithouse." Hyuk hyuk. I'll look em' up on YT to see if I can find a few sketches...

There's a Loud Shirt Day? :shock: *Marks calendar*

Lasseter's shirt! It's blinding me!!! 8D Seriously, you didn't Photoshop that? It looks freakin' bright!

Anyway, excellent sig, brilliant tagline as usual. I'm coincidentally a fan of Hawaiian shirts since my trip to Oahu about 5 years ago. They're incredibly cheesy yet cheerful at the same time. I have about 4 so far, my parents don't quite understand my 'obsession' (4 is not that much to begin with!) If I had it my way, I would have one for each day of the week! And this was before I knew John existed, or became a fan of Pixar. What a coinkydink! 8)

TSS wrote:Shirts don't make noises do they?

Mine does. It always whines: "Hey, when's the next time you're gonna wash me? You've been wearing me for the past week and I smell worse than your socks!"

Eww... nah, I'm just joking. I don't wear the same shirt for a week. I wear it for a year. :D :D :D
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre

Postby lennonluvr9 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:39 pm

Very cool! And very amusing! What is with those guys and their loud shirts? :wink:
~Celeste~
"You would not believe what I've been through tonight!"

"That's what comes of teaching science by television" -Prof. Foot, Help!
lennonluvr9
Master Scarer

Postby lizardgirl » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:42 pm

I've been meaning to comment on your latest signature, Rachel. I love it! Hawaiin shirts are just so Pixar! :lol:
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Violet Parr » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:25 am

rachelcakes1985 wrote:It's Loud Shirt Day in Australia on May 15... but at Pixar Animation Studios - every day is Loud Shirt Day! :D

HA! Tell me about it! :lol: I love it Rachel :) . Nice work! :wink: Of course it took me a wile to read because their shirts blinded me :shock: :lol: .
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Sky » Wed May 13, 2009 4:58 am

The Star Swordsman - Bright/loud, they're both synonyms for great taste! Thanks a lot. :)

bright dot-dasher - Yeah, you're right - the shirts really do represent the imaginative and creative minds of the Pixarians, and also the laid-back atmosphere. A job where you can wear a Hawaiin shirt every day? Yes please! :D Thanks for your comment.

Mitch - Thanks! ;) And, really? What other animators wear Hawaiin shirts that you know of...?

thedriveintheatre - Unfortunately there's hardly any YT clips of the show and they don't show Skithouse on Channel 10 anymore, but you can catch it on The Comedy Channel if you have access to Foxtel. Also try to watch The Best of Fast-Forward if you can. Classic Australian comedy right there. Anyways, thanks for the comments. :) Yes, I did Photoshop the image, I have to confess. They're bright, but not that bright! My point was to over-exaggerate their shirts, I guess. You have 4 loud shirts? Cool! Don't forget to wear one this Friday then, and give it a wash, will ya? :D

Violet Parr - It hurt your eyes? Well, *ahem* there's actually a disclaimer at the beginning of this thread stating that I will not be held liable for any death or injury resulting from anyone looking at my graphics. So good luck with that... 8D Thank you!

Thanks everyone for your comments. I love reading them all. :)

------------------
I didn't have a favourite signature that I was attached to at the mo', so I thought I'd take a leaf out of thedriveintheatre's book and use my signatures to promote the fan commentaries. Here's two signatures to let people know that we're now recruiting top scarers for the film in June: Monsters, Inc.. I'll wear the blue/yellow sig for round 1 (submissions for brand new commentators) and the red/green one for round 2 (submissions for anyone who has done a practice and who wants to commentate on Monsters, Inc..) I had a really hard time getting the text to show up as readable with this these signature, for some reason...

:D
Last edited by Sky on Sat May 23, 2009 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Mitch » Wed May 13, 2009 3:37 pm

Rachel - You're welcome! And I'm loving the new Monsters, Inc. signatures. The one of Jerry (at least, I think that's his name...) is my favorite. :D

Hmm. The text was giving you some trouble? What program do you use to create your graphics, if I may ask?

rachelcakes1985 wrote:What other animators wear Hawaiin shirts that you know of...?

My dad... and quite a few friends of his that I've met.... :P :lol:

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Graphics & Icons