Pixar Planet

Sweet Treats!

Share your graphics & icons from your favorite Pixar films and shorts here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby thedriveintheatre » Wed May 13, 2009 5:30 pm

Very nice, Rachel! Thanks for crediting me as an inspiration, although I'm probably not the only one (or the first) to employ my method. Although I'm the most blatant. :P
But yeah, great screencaps! I haven't watched Monsters Inc in ages, but were those from the scene of the corporate video and where they interview the employees? I'm not quite sure...
How did you get the Trademark symbol at the end of the motto? :?:
Staggered signature release dates huh? I like that, good strategy! Helps create longer audience exposure.
I had a really hard time getting the text to show up as readable with this these signature, for some reason...

Maybe cos' the backgrounds were all colourful, so it's hard to pick a font colour distinct enough to contrast against? Good effort though, it's certainly legible. :)
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby lizardgirl » Wed May 13, 2009 5:43 pm

I love your new signatures, Rachel! 'We commentate because we care'. It works! :lol:
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Sky » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:00 am

Thanks everyone for the comments. =)

Mitch - Thanks a lot. Oh, it wasn't so much my editing program (Adobe Photoshop), but sometimes it's hard to pick a colour for the text so it shows up well.

thedriveintheatre - Heheh. Well, you are probably the member that takes advantage of how we can link images in our signatures, but it has rubbed off on me, and in a way it's kinda fun promoting our works and events, isn't it? :) Yes, those images were from the corporate training video, I think, on the second disc of the Monsters, Inc. DVD. Narrated by Roz herself. It's a very funny video. The trademark symbol was just copied and pasted from the Character Map in Windows, but not all fonts can display every character... thanks for the comments! =D

lizardgirl - Heh. Yep! I guess it did work. Thanks. =)
------------------

Well, I only ever have time to create signatures to promote the fan commentaries, my other 'baby' apart from Radio Pixar. ;) So here's one to calm those who missed commentating on WALL•E back in March (wow, time flies), because by popular demand, it's coming around again in July!

If you would like to know the font name it's called "Gunship Condensed" of which I heard is the same exact font used in the film, except they added the dot to it manually. By the way, sorry for not having time to comment on yall's graphics. It's kind of lame of me to post up my new ones, but not comment on others'. I will try soon. :-(
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby thedriveintheatre » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:22 am

Yes, those images were from the corporate training video, I think, on the second disc of the Monsters, Inc. DVD. Narrated by Roz herself. It's a very funny video.

I watched some of the special features when I borrowed the Monsters Inc DVD from the public libraries in Singapore last holidays. I think I may have seen it, then again could be deja vu.

As for your new sig... aw, it's so cute! Everyone deserves a second chance, especially poor Eve in that scene, huh? ;)
Yeah, I recognised the Gunship font, apparently the 'real' font Galax-E costs a fortune to purchase, so this is a good free alternative! I think I used it several times in my sigs, very futuristic-looking.

No worries if you can't comment on other people's graphics. Hosting a radio show and being a mod is enough work as it is. :)
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Violet Parr » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:14 pm

That's a lovely capture, Rachel :) . Very nice. The writing style is very cool as well. Everything just seems to fit.
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby JustSoWall-eCrazy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:31 pm

rachelcakes1985 wrote:Image

These are my favorite signatures made by you. The "Space Tours" one is actually the one that inspired me to do my "Axiom-ad" style sigs.
JustSoWall-eCrazy
Master Scarer

Postby Sky » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:44 am

Much thanks for the comment, JustSoWall-eCrazy! =) I'm glad my graphics inspired you in any way.
~~~~~~

Well, I better blow off the dust and cobwebs from this thread. Just for the sake of archiving, here are my graphics used to promote one of my pet projects on Pixar Planet, the Pixar in-jokes list. Can you identify the in-joke in each signature? If yes, then you will receive a bar of Wilderness Explorer chocolate!

:D
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Buzz&Woodyforever » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:31 am

rachel, do you mind if I use the signature you made a few years ago with the old Toy Story 3 plot and the denied across it?
Buzz&Woodyforever
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Sky » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:55 am

Sure thing, Buzz&Woodyforever. You don't even have to credit me in your signature, but if you want to that would be nice. =)
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Re: Rachel's Sweet Treats!

Postby Sky » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:14 am

Time to update this baby!

Have you ever seen JL's Pixar collection? He's like... COLLECT *ALL* THE TOYS!
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:18 am

I love it! Though the "Golf India 99 Airways" was my favorite. :wink:
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby Sky » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:59 am

Aw, thanks Virginia. The India Golf one is one of my favourites also. ;)
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Previous

Return to Graphics & Icons