UP Art!

Hey everyone! This is my very first post ever so be gentle!

I recently saw the UP elevator (which I’m sure you’ve all seen!) and completely fell in love with the whole idea and especially the imagery, so I set out to find a high quality image for my wallpaper, no luck! So I had to make one using screenshots from the trailer I constructed a huge UP house with ballooons, and loved it so much I just had to continue!

Well two days later here are the results for me too share with all of you who absolutely can’t wait for the next Pixar triumph that is UP!

(Image Link: img237.imageshack.us/img237/8595 … er4qq1.jpg)
Hope you like it!

I thought you had actually procured the actual art for a second. That is fantastic! Well done.

Oh my goodness, that looks absolutely amazing. Nice work!

Bravo! Did you actually draw the house from scratch? Either way, it looks great especially the shadow of the balloon on the clouds.

Thanks for all the great comments, I had so much fun doing this and your replys make it even more enjoyable!

So I thought I’d give away my secrets and tell all…

1. I started by downloading the awesome trailer for UP and taking 49 screenshots (one for every second!)

2. I then imported all these images into Photoshop to cut them together which I thought would be easy (silly me!)

3. I then had a very long, high quality image of the UP house and ballons direct from the trailer!

img352.imageshack.us/img352/4026/upjd4.jpg

4. Once I had done that I wanted to add more and more, so I decided that I’d make the elavator image as best I can so I started by adding more ballons to make the whole thing look like one large balloon

5. After I had 'cut and paste’d millions of balloons I was finally happy with the house and started on the clouds!

6. After trying in vain to make clouds I then found out that there was a special Photoshop method which I’d never tried before, so I drew the basic shape from the elavator and added the fluffy edges and shadows and it was complete!

7.I then had the huge (2460 X 2048) image of clouds and the even bigger balloon house, all I needed now was the up logo! So after a quick search of my PIXAR resources (I have loads of rubbish!) I found the up logo and cut the flying house out and added a slight shadow

1. I thought I was complete then relised I had forgot the all important shadow which give the image its depth and quickly added a very dark shadow and faded the edges to make it look complete!

2. I then decided to post it here at Pixar Planet after being an Upcoming Pixar reader since it begun I decided that I’d finally start getting more involved!

Thanks for all the lovely comments

Great stuff!! Man I love photoshop, and you are very good at it :smiley: . I would love to see more when some new stuff comes out. :wink:

Very cool! I just thought that was a graphic straight from a trailer or something!

Sweet! What did you use to get 49 screenshots a second?

I used the excellent (and completely free!) VLC Media Player and its Snapshot function, by pausing every second and clicking snapshot I managed to get 49 screenshots!

Glad you like it!

Thanks.

Hey Guys!
Thanks for all the love (keep it coming!), I just finished a couple of hours hard work on recreating another piece of Up loveliness, the Eric Tan Poster which I fell in love with at once when it was featured on my fav; Upcoming Pixar (Original Link:Up Poster - Eric Tan Style - Upcoming Pixar)

(Link: img231.imageshack.us/img231/9641 … opyhv1.jpg)

This was again made using Photoshop CS3 and is all my own work.

Hope you like it, I’ll keep adding more if you keep lovin it! Til next time x

You’re very talented, ximonb! It looks just like the real thing!

Nice one ximonb ! Like lizardgirl said " it looks like the real thing " :wink:

ximonb: All I can say is Holy cow! It looks incredibly realistic. You have got some serious talent in you. Incredible work.

Hey everyone!
Just a quick update and a(nother) special thanks for all your amazing comments!

Now I’ve done the two main pieces of UP I could find, I remembered the very old piece of amazing , but small, concept art from way back in June 2007!!!

So I ran through the Archives of Upcoming Pixar and after a lot of searching I found it! I then set out on the biggest challenge in my UP art craze! I started tonight around 9pm (when I finished work!) and have finished the right half!

I am going to try and do some more work for you lot over the weekend, squeezing it around work and actual homework!

Post back in a couple of days with, (hopefully) the finished article!
Another huge thank you for your on going support, it means a lot to me

(This one is definately the hardest thing I’ve ever done on Photoshop, so if anyone has ever tried this before I’d be open on suggestions!)

ximonb: :astonished: I’m speechless. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

:astonished:

Just finished working on recreating the concept art and decided that I’d share it with you lot as soon as possible, so without further ado…

(Link: img510.imageshack.us/img510/5859 … opyjs2.jpg)

This is my third piece of Up Artwork (not my best! but definately the most challenging!) and I am starting to run out of new pieces of art to try and recreate!

I have already started on my next piece of Up work (not giving anything away!) but am going to be a bit stuck after that! So if you guys wanna see more and know of some small piece of Up Art that I could use please don’t hesitate to post a reply!

Tomorrow I will be posting a small picture (nothing too exciting!) just a little bit of fun I had as a result of my Up Art project!

Any piece of critism, advice or anything is always welcome! Thank you so so much again for all the great comments, I look forward to hearing your opinions on this piece!

Thank You!

Hey! As promised a little bit of Up related fun!

I recently got the chance to print my own t-shirt design at Summer School so I decided that I’d put my Up artwork on a t-shirt so I could get everyone excited about Pixar’s Upcoming film!

Post back soon…

Oh my gosh! I want a shirt like that when I go see up! Really clever!

Absolutely awesome, ximonb! You’ve got the colours from the concept art down perfectly, and I love the T-shirt.