Pixar Planet

TDIT's Sigs & Avatars

Share your graphics & icons from your favorite Pixar films and shorts here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Sky » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:06 am

TDIT - That is so creative. You must have a good memory to think of all of these references to use in your signatures, wow. It made me lol as soon as I saw it. And like the others said - it's not corny at all to promote your works using your signatures and avatars. It's one of the many things that makes this forum fun. :)
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby thedriveintheatre » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:44 pm

TSS wrote:I can't create anything creative to sort of portray "Syndrome's return.

Maybe I can help with you that? ;) PM me if you're interested.

Mitch wrote:Yeah, some generic ones would be cool.

Sure thing, Mitch! Keep an eye out in the future! :D

Rachel wrote:That is so creative. You must have a good memory to think of all of these references to use in your signatures,

You meant the 'Jokerized' Wall-E sig or my current "Listen Barnaby"? Well, irregardless, yeah, I'm kinda pop-culture geek, so I like to make references to other films and songs and stuff, which is why I love doing parody videos and mash-up sigs. :)
it's not corny at all to promote your works using your signatures and avatars. It's one of the many things that makes this forum fun.

That's good to know. Thanks!
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby thedriveintheatre » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:06 am

Well, here's my latest and final sig/poster for the upcoming release of The Dark Droid Trailer 2. It's an update of the older one with just Wall-E and Batman. I've added other characters into a Watchmen-style 'group-montage'.

This is my most complicated piece yet, with over 15 layers to give that sense of depth and to achieve the many overlaps between the different parts like the characters, the logo/title, and the credit tagline. Yeah, a little self-indulgent, but I like creating promo posters. If you ever need me to 'advertise' your latest fanfic/video, do send me a request, because I love doing this kinda thing.

So lemme hear your opinions! And sit tight for the premiere next Thursday in conjunction with the Oz release of Monsters Vs Aliens!
thedriveintheatre

Postby Mitch » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:11 pm

thedriveintheatre - Ha-ha. Nice work! It's apparent that you worked hard on updating your "Dark Droid" poster, and it shows. My favorite element of the signature is WALL•E staring up at Batman/EVE; his content posture is such a contrast to the graphic itself. (snigger)

Very cool, dude! :D

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby thedriveintheatre » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:44 am

Thanks Mitch! I'd say he (and Eve) are oblivious to the destruction and chaos going on around them... ;)

Over here Down Under, it's already April 2, but since it's technically still April 1 in other parts of the world, I'm cheating and delaying the trailer release for a just few more hours. But short of an unforeseen catastrophe, I'll upload it within the next 24 hours for sure. If you have been patiently anticipating its debut, I apologise and thank you for bearing with my 'delaying antics'. I sincerely hope you guys will enjoy my labour of... ah, whatever. :P

In the meantime, I remember I did a 'promotional campaign' in the lead-up to the Trailer 1 release a month ago with a fortnight-long run of custom character 'posters' (one every two days). To any one of you who have missed it, here they are, archived in this thread for posterity! Have fun now, kids! ;)

thedriveintheatre

Postby Mitch » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:00 am

thedriveintheatre - Ha-ha. You're welcome!

I remember most of these promotional signatures, and it's refreshing to see them again, as I still love them all, especially that EVE one. (I was laughing so dang hard at the EVE graphic. Heh.)

"Hal is Alfred Pennyworth".... :lol:

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:15 pm

Dude, that is just clever. I see it fitting so wel with the Dark Knight movie Keep up the great work my friend.
The Star Swordsman

Postby bright dot-dasher » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:12 am

Whoa, seriously awesome! :D It all really fits...geniusly thought up and put together. Really cool.
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby thedriveintheatre » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:51 am

Thank you, thank you very much! 8) To all: which one is your fave of the series, out of curiousity?

The trailer is going to be released in just a few hours! I just finished a recording session for this forum (I'm not sure if this is to be kept under wraps) and I need to pop out for lunch, but when I get back, I just have to figure out how to output it for HD and upload it on YT. Thanks again for being so patient, folks!
thedriveintheatre

Postby Mitch » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:26 pm

thedriveintheatre - You're welcome!

My favorite of the "Dark Droid" signatures is the EVE graphic. ;)

Awesome! I'm definitely going to check it out as soon as possible. :D

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:44 pm

you recently posted the trailer huh TDIT? I'll check it out ASAP.
The Star Swordsman

Postby bright dot-dasher » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:47 am

thedriveintheatre wrote:Thank you, thank you very much! 8) To all: which one is your fave of the series, out of curiousity?

They're all amazing, but my fave would be the one with M-O as James Gordon "Things Will Get Ugly." It really fits his expression perfectly! And the one with EVE as Rachel Dawes is a terrific fit as well.

You've uploaded the second trailer??? MUST WATCH!! :D
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby Sky » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:23 am

There's so much to grab attention in the 'graffiti' signature, thedriveintheatre - what's not to love about it? :) "From the guy who brought you 'Quantum of Bolt' and 'PAROD-E'" - lol! Glad to see you were able to pretty much stick to the release date on the advertisement. And I only just realised by intensely dissecting your poster, that you modelled your "Dark Droid" logo from the Batman one. Who is meant to have defaced that poster - The Joker or WALL-E? 'Cause if you're looking for a culprit, WALL-E has a bit of a guilty look on his face, in that there image...

Wow, mega siggies! My favourite signature out of those...? Well, they're all so wonderful and creative, but I'd have to say the "Rachel" one, for obvious reasons. Heheh. Nah, just kidding. It's so hard to choose a real favourite, though... but I'd have to pick the Hal one because he looks so cute sitting there, wishing WALL-E well on his adventures, much like how Alfred has always been so dependable for Bruce. Hal-fred, anyone? ;)

Keep up the great work on those entertaining graphics! :D
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby lizardgirl » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:00 pm

It's cool seeing all of those promotional signatures together, thedriveintheatre. They're all brilliant and you've clearly really thought through each and every one, so it's difficult to choose a favourite, though I have to say I do like the M-O as James Gorden one. I love how you manage to capture exactly the right moment to go with each quote. Your hard work has really paid off! :D
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby thedriveintheatre » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:31 am

Mitch - Huhuh, I can tell! :) Thanks for the comments here and on the vid thread!

TSS - Yup, it's on, live and loaded! :D Thanks also for the comments on the video thread.

BDD - Yeah, I like M-O's determined scowl too. Doesn't come off menacing, rather it makes him look 'cuter'! Thanks for the vid comments too!

Rachel - Heh, I employ a "Just In Time" policy. :P I hate my procrastinating habit.
Yup, the logo's a spoof of the original bat symbol. Don't you like those eyes?
As for who was the vandal, think about it: Joker defaced the original posters, and the phrase "Gimme the plant" on my YT wallpaper should be a big clue... ;)
Hal-fred, I like that. Good one! :D

lizardgirl - Thank you! :D Seems you like M-O too! Yeah, I thought about which quote from the movie summed up each character (or at least, sounded the coolest), and then I found the appropriate shot from Wall-E to match the words. Glad you liked it!

Thanks for the compliments, folks!
thedriveintheatre

PreviousNext

Return to Graphics & Icons