ScarletSnake's Buzz Lightyear Background replica TS2

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here, but I’ve been following the forums for some time now, I didn’t want to join in without presenting a gift! I’ve been a huge fan of Toy Story, and especially of Buzz Lightyear since the first movie came out. As a 5 year old Buzz was my hero and I’ve carried the 12" talking toy around me literally everywhere when I was a kid, I think it traveled about 3-4 countries with me. I still have it in working condition to this date. I loved the second film and of course the third one was a masterpiece in my opinion.

One of my favorite scenes in the series involved Deluded Buzz & Andy’s Buzz in Al’s Toy Barn, where the two confronted each other for the first time in a Buzz Lightyear display stand. I always adored that display stand, but I didn’t have the skills or the “space ship” box that Buzz came in to actually try to create a replica of the stand completely. It’s been 11 years, and I now have the skills and the tools(in this case, Adobe Illustrator) to create the background, and with my new Toy Story Collection Buzz Lightyear I thought I should give it a try. Keep in mind that this is the “beta version”. Adjustments here and there and scale improvements will be made before I finally take the .ai file to be printed on actual cardboard. Some of the parts were not visible thanks to Deluded Buzz’ box, I tried to fill that part in with what I considered would be appropriate. If this project proves successful, then I will go on to create the floor, background with stars and the planet that Deluded Buzz rides on. The little space ship floating around it will be included.

So without further ado, here is a shot from the movie sent to me by a friend:

Here’s my trace-paint-freestyle work over it:

When the project is done I will post my work in printable format if you’d like to print and use it as a background for your space rangers. Please leave comments and feedback so I can make it as authentic as possible!

Cheers;

-Jon

If you’re having trouble with the pics:
ScreenCapture: s3.directupload.net/images/100725/62gr6heu.jpg
IllustratorWork: s7.directupload.net/images/100725/rgju7qd9.jpg

Wow, you pretty much captured it perfectly. Amazing job!

That’s good! You should post it here too!

[url]Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please) - Toy Story / Lightyear - Pixar Planet Forums

Thanks guys! I’ve just finished the second phase of adjustment and re-sketching, and have also done some comparative sizing to see which printout size would be the best. I’m afraid it’s going to be a little big. Will post it on the replicas thread as well, I had no idea such a thread existed, thanks for the link :slight_smile: .